Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis

Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E360 tail wag GT 5.1

I am running into some annoying tail wag issues that I just can't figure out. This heli has flown great for the longest time but recently I have started getting some moderate tail wag and I am not sure why. Nothing was changed either mechanically or electronically. It was flying great and then suddenly started wagging and I can't get it to stop. I have checked all of the tail components for binding and did find it a little stiff due to using to heavy of grease on the shaft but I tore it down and cleaned it off and now its buttery smooth. I even tried a new tail servo but the wag is still there. I am thinking of replacing the GT 5.1 with an AR7200BX as I can't find anything wrong mechanically but before I spend the money I was hoping for some ideas on things to double check. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heres some ideas but Im no.expert:

Vibes in head transferring to tail. Check feathering shaft.

Tail gain a notch too high?

If you are running governor maybe gov gain too high.
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Its definitely not gain but thanks. I hadn't checked the spindle so I will do that. My buffers are pretty hammered anyway so they could use replacing.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

This heli just really seems to want to be sold. I have tried replacing both the spindle and the main shaft but the tail wag is still there. I am still considering a new FBL controller but I am not sure I want to spend the money.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I idn't have tail wag but bad bounce back. I fixed that with a second torque tube bearing and red damper. I just made sure they were not evenly spaced. maybe worth a try
Old 02-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeloron View Post
This heli just really seems to want to be sold. I have tried replacing both the spindle and the main shaft but the tail wag is still there. I am still considering a new FBL controller but I am not sure I want to spend the money.
I'm using an AR7200BX with my E360. Are you using the stock tail servo? I hated that servo - replaced it with an MKS HV9780 and never looked back. 560 Hz frequency - fantastic tail hold.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running an Align DS525M on the rudder. I replaced it to try and clear up the wag but it made no difference. This heli is just gathering dust now. I am considering putting in an AR7200BX but I would hate to spend the money and still have the tail wag.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeloron View Post
I am running an Align DS525M on the rudder. I replaced it to try and clear up the wag but it made no difference. This heli is just gathering dust now. I am considering putting in an AR7200BX but I would hate to spend the money and still have the tail wag.
Let me know if you consider selling it. I'd be interested.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I bought a Trex 450L that has some bad servos right out of the box so I installed the Gpro into the e360 while waiting for new servos (awesome controller BTW) but still had the tail wag so now I know it's a mechanical issue. Still on the fence with what to do with the e360. At least now I know the fbl controller is okay.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the E360 have all metal tail components? On my V1, I had to replace some of the plastic parts with metal ones to get is completely smooth. I also polished the shaft with some Mothers Mag metal polish. Jst be sure that if you do polish it, to remove any remnants of the polish with some rubbing alcohol because that grit will ruin everything you've tried to accomplish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in