Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojta View Post
Terrible, how everyone is willing to accuse Align without any little hint what could be the true cause of the precious heli crash.

can you describe your RX-3GX-APS connection (power supply)?

Align's APS manual:
transmitter: 8-channel or more, helicopter system, 3 step gyro gain control function
receiver: 7-channel or more
"Pitch curves under APS flight mode and GPS flight mode must be set to 0/50/100 diagonal straight line. This will allow APS to precisely make altitude correction, and execute pilot commands. Incorrect pitch curve settings will result in unstable and non-precise control of the helicopter."

Futaba T6FG 6ch TX ? what type of RX?

what switch you flicked to switch the position hold function on (its channel, functions, preset values, ...)?

what about required 30 seconds of "quiet" flying before switching APS mode on?!?!?!

APS is missing inverted stabilization, compared with Helicommand HC3-SX .

APS is missing altitude improvement prior to stabilization during bailout, compared with Helicommand HC3-SX .

cf. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=430941&page=3

I'm sorry ...did I miss something here????

Where is "everyone" accusing ALIGN of anything?

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have a feeling vojta works for Align...
1fastt2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have an APS, but I'm a Ace Onel user. Going through the setup and checking direction of movement is always a must. But i must admit i also went through the setup with a fine tooth comb and happen to miss the Pitch direction and was reversed. When i flipped the switch to auto the heli plunged very fast but was able to flip out of auto and regain control. Make sure you check the pitch direction in Auto mode also not just in 3gx mode!

Felipe
Flying Tivo is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastt2 View Post
I have a feeling vojta works for Align...
...or maybe HeliCommand!
SharonNoelle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Neither Align, nor Captron (HeliCommand), just curious system analyst.

So, nobody interesting in the cause of the crash? No info on RX,3GX,APS connection used, TX configuration, flight mode used, gyro gain setting for APS mode switching, flight time for APS settlement, set of preliminary tests carried out, etc.

What was the reason for this thread?
vojta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you have something to be mad about and reply
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default align gets 900.00 a pop

and cant make a english vid..........wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
I realize this comes after the fact but perhaps it may help you out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvuDICQEJbo
cruzroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does have English sub-titles. Tell you what, this is the telephone number of Align headquarters in Taiwan, 886-4-25279117. Give them a call and see what the language of conversation is. Where is it chiseled in stone that the spoken language of a video HAS to be in English?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is sad.

Been thinking about getting a system to help me improve my flying (save my arse!).

I also don't know why so may think Align is being attacked. They have good and bad.

And who says they should have English vids ect...it's not like English speaking people are it's largest customer base!

Seriously, they make some good stuff and a lot of $, I'd think they would quit alienating their market base. I.E. hire someone to make clear English instructions for the majority of the people buying their products, geez.

Anyway, interesting reading and hope to make my decision on which system to get soon.

Cheers,
Ken
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Daddy check out the helicommand hc3sx units can get them around $450 these days if you look around, best bailout system nobody else comes close, best horizon level system that turns your FBL Heli into a co axial Heli it works that well for learning and dialing down till you can fly better and better.

Doesn't have GPS return or position hold but depends how useful those are to you.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Oops ... Just did that?.. Or close

I spent two days installing DJI WK-h lite and within two flights had a major... My fault! Everything seemed perfect but my pitch was wrong.. My swash plate was good with my stick but backwards with the baro altimeter. So the higher it went the higher it went.... I flipped the switch to manual and roceeded to fall to earth about 50 feet.. It all happened ssooooo fast.

The lesson is when overwhelmed with NEW it is easy to misunderstand or just miss something. In this case there was a checkout procedure on another page I didn't see or understand. It all seemed so cool until I hit alti. Sitch.

I got off with a set of blades, and some minors parts needed and a cracked canopy. had the 600E for years so it kind of bummed me out. Three days later and things are beginning to work nicely. When we give up control to a smart dumb machine we best check our work.

Now I just need to get a DJI GPS to upgrade to the full version from the lite.
Kattinkc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI mode switch

Anyone understand the DJI WKH mode switch and auto take off.. Can't seem to get the throttle to work in atti. Have to hover in manual then go into atti mode even (method before latest firmware) though I upgraded to latest firmware. when landing throttle won't shut down until I switch back to manual then I have no throttle control (as in cant fly again) until I unplug and start from scratch... Sure I am missing something.. Read the instruction about 1000 times and still can't seem to figure out. Old use some assistence.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dJI WK-H

1fastt2 if you are still upset I have a 2 week old DJI WKH lite I will swp you, in perfect condition. Seriously! .?
Old 07-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey,

I am desparate to find a good source of info for this unit. Sound sto me like the op set Alim to the left not right and the heli rolled over inverted and crashed.

Has anyone extended the control unit to GPS unit cable yet? I can't find the right connector and so was thinking about cutting it adding some more length in. but I am worried I may make an aerial out of the long cable ? Basically for my ap ship the batteries are on the boom fit where the GPS unit sits which by all accounts is not a good idea.

Anyone got any pointers they would like to share?
HedgeHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default BEE_CAZ

Because a bad translation, means bad crashes..........and on the web i count 10 so far......so 2000.00 bird, and a 900.00 align.........makes nice paper weight,
i think if i had the money, and someone was selling their already setup bird, i would go that direction......i bought a flymentor and it flew into a wall.......but the cost was 300.00 lost.....all clone stuff.....but i do got a new flymentor, and i did work it all out and i love it....
MY2CENTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
It does have English sub-titles. Tell you what, this is the telephone number of Align headquarters in Taiwan, 886-4-25279117. Give them a call and see what the language of conversation is. Where is it chiseled in stone that the spoken language of a video HAS to be in English?
cruzroy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblebee View Post
If you chose to fly to that country, the pilot and tower would spead English as it is a international lanuage, and it the interest of more sales, provide a English video..
Old 07-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same thing happend to my buddy 550 every thing was good went to aps straight down same outcome now he's afraid to play with aps system maybe align is using wookong or helicommand on there video typical align not testing there hardware properly ..

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk
Trex 600 V-bar
450pro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

The system works well. The misunderstanding from conversations I have been having are its for or to help beginners. While to some extent that may be true you must be a competent heli pilot to set this up, this means comfortable in all orientations upright and inverted.

Fly in 3GX mode and the heli is unchanged
APS mode if you've installed the equipment wrong or set AiLim or EleLim backwards then when you switch to APS your heli will invert and head for the ground. just flick back to 3GX recover and land.
HedgeHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeHeli View Post
The system works well. The misunderstanding from conversations I have been having are its for or to help beginners. While to some extent that may be true you must be a competent heli pilot to set this up, this means comfortable in all orientations upright and inverted.

Fly in 3GX mode and the heli is unchanged
APS mode if you've installed the equipment wrong or set AiLim or EleLim backwards then when you switch to APS your heli will invert and head for the ground. just flick back to 3GX recover and land.
The system does work well. I don't believe it is for beginners, intermediates that want a safety net while they work on their skills, yes, but beginners, no. It would be very advantageous for a trainer with the beginner on a buddy box but I believe a beginner alone is out of the question, IMHO.

I know that you do not have to be a good pilot to set one up. I am a good builder and can precisely follow written directions. My job and livelihood depends on it. I am a sub-par pilot at best, I'm not bad on Phoenix but awful on the real thing, that's why I had my friend fly it to do the necessary tests.

After all tests were done I did semi-autonomous take-offs and landings and flew it around in both 3GX, APS and GPS modes.

Flying in APS mode does not teach you how to fly a CP heli. To move the heli around in APS mode you have to lay into the cyclic. When you let the stick go the heli stops and hovers. I believe that even a coaxial won't do that!

This is just my opinion on what I have experienced and opinions are like... well you know what I'm getting at!

SN
SharonNoelle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm at a complete loss as to how a heli could roll over and invert itself if everything on the bench passed. Not being critical but if you put it in APS mode and check all of your stick movements, tilt test and lift test then why would turning blades make for such an extreme effect?

I ask this because I'm planning on maidening one myself in the next couple of days.
jhamlinjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in