Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Spare parts question

Hi All
Just a quick question about spare parts, I want to replace the feathering shaft in the rotor head. Does anyone know what part i need to order for this, it does not seem to be pictured in any of the spare parts from CJ or other shops. Also, the rubbers seem to be pretty soft and casue a bit of slop as well, is there a better replacement for these rather than the stock ones ?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cb100 feathering shaft.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	150386  
Futaba 10CH
Rockers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmmm... that is strange... it is likely either included with the Main Blade Holders (HM-CB100-Z-10) or the Rotor Head Set (HM-CB100-Z-01).

As it is just a piece of hardened rod, you could make your own using a small piece of music wire.

I've never seen any third party dampeners. I imagine you could roll your own using a piece of fuel line tubing. Surprisingly, the Walkera heads always seem to work best when there is a small amount of slop... if the head is too tight, it will get really bad vibes.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know if you can use a piece of piano wire like Steve says, because the feathering shaft has two grooves for the E-clips to sit in.
CJ carries the part , but seems to be sold out at the moment. Email him and ask if and when he'll re-stock.
Here's the link, it's half way down the page on the right:
http://www.chinesejade.com/walkera4_3_A_B.htm
Old 04-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply, Steve, good idea, I could make a new one but like John mentioned they do have a groove on the shaft to retain the c clip. Now I know why i brought a taig micro lathe . I'm sure i could make one with a bit of spare tI'me

Now, those rubber grommets, im sure i will find something to substitute the stock one's. Yes the "slop" is certainly a requirement, but I'm sure just a little less slop may be a good thing.

Thanks John for the pointer into the right direction for the part number and where to find it on CJ's site.

PS The part does not come with the blade grips, wore that out weeks ago
Futaba 10CH
Old 04-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Update - Terence doe not stock the part anymore

Bummer, sent Terrence an email and this was his reply

Hi,
I am sorry that this parts is discontinued by Walkera. It cannot be re-stocked anymore. Sorry about it.

Terence

Anyone have any ideas on where to get this part, It would be silly for Walkera to not make part for their new Helli's

Futaba 10CH
Old 04-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Sorted out

As Steve mentioned, It comes with the complete rotor head kit. Just had it confirmed from Terrence.
Futaba 10CH
Old 04-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a reason why you are wanting to replace the feathering shaft? is it bent or is it just because of the fact that the rubber grommets are ate up? If it's just for the sake of the grommets, then go to your local hobby shop and pick up an e-flite blade MSR feathering shaft kit. It will only cost you like $4-5. Then completely get rid of the c-clips and ate up rubber grommets on your CB100 shaft (it will take some work to get the c-clips off, but if you lose them it doesn't matter, you don't need them). Use the rubber grommets and metal washers from the MSR kit in their place.

Not only will this tighten everything up and get rid of the play, but without the c clips there the pieces won't get ate up and will literally last you years. Here is the layout for it:

metal washer-rubber grommet-blade grip- rubber grommet- metal washer.

Also with this method than you can definitely make your own because you don't have to worry about grooves for c-clips.
jlcamp7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately the LHS does not really cater for a wide range of helis so they would not stock the part, I will order a MSR feathering shaft kit next time i get some spares and give this a try
Futaba 10CH
Old 04-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockers View Post
Bummer, sent Terrence an email and this was his reply

Hi,
I am sorry that this parts is discontinued by Walkera. It cannot be re-stocked anymore. Sorry about it.

Terence

Anyone have any ideas on where to get this part, It would be silly for Walkera to not make part for their new Helli's

Try helipal.com, they carry every part for the CB100. They deal directly with the Walkera factory. If they don't have the part {unlikely}, just e-mail them at technical@helipal.com and one of the guys will get back to you within about one day.
mhm1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Other than the MSR shaft has anyone found another way to secure the shaft with out using the original blade grips? the reason I ask is the original grips have a closed opening so that the shaft does not slide out toward the blades. This is all well and good but using the cb100 shaft with the O- rings and the tail blade brass washer seems to work for a few flights then there is to much slop to be able to keep a steady hover. I like the Extreme Blade Grips but here again the shaft opening goes all the way through the grip to the blades and the shaft slides out. I been using hot glue in the rotor head to hold the shaft in place. This does not last long either. I am going to order some MSR shafts to see how it works out.

I was thinking about trying to use canopy grommet's by cutting off the flat side and using that for my O-rings till I get the new shafts. Would JB weld be to stiff for the shaft causing vibes? This is a great bird when it's dialed in. I spend a lot of time with the rotor head and shaft on both my CB100 that I have ten times as many flights on my GCP. I would love to get this sorted out so I could practice my orientation and some circuits with them.

Jack
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in