Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2016, 03:36 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very few parts are held over. The mainshaft diameter is the same, but not sure about length. The servo frames are similar, but new. The entire frame and head are new. Tail is all new, belts of course.

The only parts left from the V1 would be your electronics!
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2016, 10:01 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

So do you think MSH will ever produce a 500 V2? They could quit selling the original kit but offer parts for years to come and sell the brand new Protos 500 V2 and offer it bare bones for the few who have need of a rekit. There should always be bare bones kits available for those who need to rekit without buying a motor, esc and FBL unit but have those options available for first time builders as well.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

I suspect the 500 V2 will be the next heli. It will probably come kit plus FBL like their other helis.

I doubt we will see kit-only models from MSH. It makes too much sense in many many ways for them to leverage the FBL unit into the price of the kit
Old 07-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think without a doubt we'll see a 500 v2. The real question is what size it'll be. A true 500 stretchable to 550s, or a 550 stretchable to a 570/600?

I think a true 500 stretchable to 550 would be the sweet spot.

I've already got my eye (and approval) on the Max v2, but when they announce the 500, I'll be all over that too. I was hoping for sooner, but now next year will suit me better, as it'll be an easier sell to the wife.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
RCHN #0650 AMA# 448427
th0rg0d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016, 08:31 AM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 12S Trex 550 is all I'll ever need for a 550 size bird. Once I get main thrust bearings installed I'll be done upgrading it.

I need something to replace my 450 Pro with. Something with a high performance belt system that works without blowing the tail. A 450 that the boom and tail pieces stay where they were last installed.

I ran a belt on the 450 Pro for 4 years and the tail blew frequently in hard maneuvers and crosswinds. Now with TT the tail holds but vibes are an issue and I can't go past a certain head speed.

The Protos 380 is perfect for my situatiion but id have to spend 1228 bucks to get one up and running with 2 new lipos.

What I needed was a 209 buck airframe swinging inexpensive 325's to put all my electronics running 4S on and let the 450 Pro rest a while. Sounds like I'll be getting an Gaui X3 doesn't it?
Old 07-10-2016, 06:24 PM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why X3?

If you like 325mm blades consider the miniProtos.
It assembles so nicely compared to the Align 450. It's a joy to work on and flies very well. Tail holds perfectly even with lower headspeed. (i do continuous sideways loops and figure 8's quite often and wont blow out)

If you set up so the bearings run happy and you lube the rollers every so often it just keeps going.

if the p380 gets popular you might find a good deal in the classifieds.... who knows.
I reassembled two used and thoroughly abused mini's, and after replacing the bearings and occasional part they are like new. sturdy things!

I\m drooling all over the p380 myself, Seems like a good way to deal with the questionable pinion design of the miniP and would like to try a 6s setup some day.

Time to start saving and i hope there will be a suitable 6s HK Graphene Lipo by then. I'm sick of lipos going bad in a year of use and this generation finally seems to hold up as promised.
Really like them on the 3s miniP despite the slightly higher weight. The continuous power and non-puffyness makes up for it. I know there are other brands, but getting them here in the Netherlands usually makes the overpriced. HK EU- warehouse is the way to go on a budget.

HK has a new goblin380 motor for cheap. slightly lower weight than the Xnova recommended here but should be fine for my wishes. On banggood a Hobbywing 60a V4 ESC can be had $10 cheaper if you get the all2rc branded one used on the devil380fast.
sp00fman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Edit, the hobbywing rebrand might not work the same, so no saving there.

Now i see the kit prices i doubt i can afford it anytime soon. i understand they want to sell their brain FBL, but i'd rather get the kit for 300 and slap a $25 alternative FBL on it. i understand that CNC milled hardware should cost a bit, but ~140 for a piece of FBL hardware that shoulod cost <$20 to produce..... sorry. i pass. Yes i know the programmers have to earn something to, but at least make it optional.
sp00fman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post

Now i see the kit prices i doubt i can afford it anytime soon. i understand they want to sell their brain FBL, but i'd rather get the kit for 300 and slap a $25 alternative FBL on it. i understand that CNC milled hardware should cost a bit, but ~140 for a piece of FBL hardware that shoulod cost <$20 to produce..... sorry. i pass. Yes i know the programmers have to earn something to, but at least make it optional.
and....here we go again
Old 07-11-2016, 01:52 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

You may have missed the long threads in which this was already addressed.

If MSH were to sell a brain-less kit, it'd only be 25-30 less. They are taking a hit on the Brains that are included in the kit, because they are using their leverage to move the kits with a Brain. So you might as well buy a 380 if you want it, because it's like you are putting a $25 cheapo FBL unit on it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
RCHN #0650 AMA# 448427
th0rg0d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

This has been discussed already.

Yes the hardware only costs a couple dollars to produce but the cost to buy it separately anyway goes toward the development and advancement of the software.
There would be minimal (if any) impact on the price of a barebones kit vs including the Mini Brain v2. Possibly to the point of getting the Mini Brain v2 for nearly free if you buy the heli kit.
If you don't want the Mini Brain, buy the kit, sell the Mini Brain for $120-$140 and there you go. You get the kit for the price you want to pay and someone else gets a deal on a new Mini Brain v2, everybody wins!

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still cant understand why someone would want to put a 20$ knock of FBL on a 1500$ machine. This part controls the entire helicopter, don't skimp
Persistence and disposable income required
stevolution is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2016, 06:21 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

At MSH usa.com you can get the http://www.mshusa.com/collections/pr...brain-msh51201Protos Carbon 500 FBL - Motor+ESC+Blades+Brain 598.49

Thats a pretty good deal! All you need is servos and lipo to fly this joker.

I have not seen any 380 kits that offer blades , brain, esc and motor though. Maybe later after they recoup some R&D money.

I'd love to have a Blade CFX 360 but never will because they don't offer it in a bare bones kit.
Old 07-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevolution View Post
I still cant understand why someone would want to put a 20$ knock of FBL on a 1500$ machine. This part controls the entire helicopter, don't skimp
To save $150 (or more like £150 over here), and to have choice on what electronics they use. Perhaps if you are assembling a new Protos 380 from scratch it is a $1,500 heli - but if you already have a suitbale FBL unit, servos, ESC and motor then it is more like a $500 heli.

Freedom of choice is a key component of democracy - being pushed into buying some thing that I don't want or need just grates for me ... but as Corrado says - if you don't want it, don't buy the heli - so I'll be sticking with my old Protos's and Mini-Protos's until I can get a P380 second hand
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2016, 02:00 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

This one literally sold in 1hr for $140: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=751713

Those complaining it's too much effort to sell it are just making excuses for themselves. That's fine, we all choose what we fly and what we don't like to fly. But I don't find myself lured into the Goblin 380 forum just to tell everybody that I don't want to buy a 380 because I'm forced to buy their blades.

Yet people seem to be compelled to visit every MSH thread and complain about the FBL being included. As a business decision it makes sense to package the FBL with the airframe. If you want, I'll buy a 380 kit, pull the FBL out, and sell it to you for $410 + shipping. That's about what a kit without FBL would sell for.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:45 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
This one literally sold in 1hr for $140: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=751713

Those complaining it's too much effort to sell it are just making excuses for themselves. That's fine, we all choose what we fly and what we don't like to fly. But I don't find myself lured into the Goblin 380 forum just to tell everybody that I don't want to buy a 380 because I'm forced to buy their blades.

Yet people seem to be compelled to visit every MSH thread and complain about the FBL being included. As a business decision it makes sense to package the FBL with the airframe. If you want, I'll buy a 380 kit, pull the FBL out, and sell it to you for $410 + shipping. That's about what a kit without FBL would sell for.
It's called Customer Feedback - which MSH take very seriously - or we wouldn't have the second generation Mini-Protos pinions or the V2 Max.

If you don't like it you don't need to respond to the posts
Old 07-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's a point when you post the same feedback 51 times that it is no longer constructive. Especially when MSH has responded to the criticism publicly
Old 07-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's cool I'll have one up for sale on Thursday if anyone wants one

I'm another one who prefers blades over a fbl unit. Never liked it with Mikado either didn't care for the Mini Vbar either.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want a P380 and are looking for a different FBL, I have several different FBL units (some NIP) that I would be happy to trade for yours.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:52 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deleted
Old 07-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the 500 as it is .... I've got a ton of money tied up in them ..... that's just what I want to hear is they are going to make it new. Great and you'll have one less customer. As the market floods with the old model that you cant get parts for any more and gee am I the only one that feels like that.
there is nothing that cant be done with model now. Just 2 cents worth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in