Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 10:32 AM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dead BL815H

After 34 flights (light sport), one of my cyclic servos (BL815H) died on the bench while double checking the swash for level.

I had problems with the rudder servo (BL855H) running hot but it appeared to be the GPro (zero flights). Out of the box, two of the three servo connectors were poorly crimped. The white wire came out on its own, the red wire only had three threads crimped.

All ran well and cool with a mini VBar on 5.3.4 (30 flights). After upgrading and flying four flights on a new VBar NEO, where the servos ran hotter than before, one of the cyclics failed. It still moves smoothly without power. With power it holds position as it should so the motor is working. It simply isn't getting a signal and won't move at all. Confirmed on a separate TX and receiver, so it isn't the VBar.

The strange thing is this was the servo that ran cool to the touch. None of my servos have serial numbers for what it's worth.

So far the TOP Combo is turning out to be a source of frustration for me, especially since the 700L flies extremely well with the VBar. I simply have ZERO confidence in the servos and the local distributor is slow or reluctant to replace servos.
Pfeil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Exclamation Another servo failed, mid air this time !!! (i am the original poster of this thread)

After my first failed one it took me a lot of time to replace it since i live in Egypt and have to send it to the seller or assurance rc then they will replace it. And the seller did replace it. Now another servo failed mid air this time on its 11th flight.

I had an unexpected forward cyclic movement after i took off immediately and immediately hit throttle hold (while auto rotation i had another forward jump) had a landing skid broke and a front drive gear. (Very small damage)

After checking found the elevator servo is jumping sometimes and holding on wrong position then jumping to the correct position. (The exact same problem i had with the replaced servo)

I was lucky no one was harmed this day.
And thanks for every one who is repoting the problem. We have to make each others aware of the problem as to keep things safer, and lets hope no one will get harmed from these big machines.

For the info. I am using ikon FBL from the first day. So its not a Gpro problem at all.

Regards
Mohab
Mohab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2015, 04:54 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Mohab for being the first to bring this issue up to our attention and thank you for your follow-up report.
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mohab and Pfeil,

As stated earlier in this thread, you should send ALL the non serialized servos back to Align for replacement to the updated and reliable serialized servos.

I would either replace them all, or return the entire helicopter. Its that bad.

I went through nearly a three month charade of trying to fix a servo at a time. Too lazy and unknowing of the importance to change them all out. Just when you think you have it fixed - you'll lose another servo. Its insanity!

I've been flying these serialized servos for a long time now. They have to be the best or top three servos on the market. Do yourselves a major favor, and replace ALL the servos with serialized servos.

This problem is largely solved as these non serialized servos are mostly in the garbage where they belong. Why continue to bang your heads against the wall? Align will replace them all. I guarantee you.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just called AssuranceRC. they said I could send mine in to get checked out. 1 month turn around. makes sense for my tail servo because its dead as a door nail.

although they story was that if they last more then ten flights, then they are good.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 08:01 AM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recentyl bought a Trex 550L Dominator which also uses these servo's.

Afterwards I found this topic and contacted align headquarters about my concerns on the servo's on my 550L as they are non serialized. (it does have more than 10 flights on it though).

The reply I got was that there never have been any problems with these servo's at all and I didn't need to worry.

I even pointed them to this topic.

So I decided to contact time at Align USA but he refused to give me a decent answer as well because I'm not a US resident. I should contact a european distributor instead

So far for the great service from Align I experienced so far
floriske.nl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 11:11 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine now "jiggle" on their own when not under load. It's like a wild high frequency buzz. Very very unsettling. They still work, but seriously? The wild oscillation stops when you put a little load on the blade..

Mine have serial numbers.

I won't be buying these again. Sticking with Savox s2284b. I think these are OMG OEM servos. So I won't be buying OMG either.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by floriske.nl View Post

So I decided to contact tim at Align USA but he refused to give me a decent answer as well because I'm not a US resident. I should contact a european distributor instead
In the meanyime I got a bit more satisfying reply from Tim, so please ignore my remark above.
floriske.nl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by floriske.nl View Post
In the meanyime I got a bit more satisfying reply from Tim, so please ignore my remark above.
Are they replacing them? I've got my eye on this heli, but not super confident in the stock servo situation. If I were to get a kit with the non serial servos, I would want to know that I could return the servos for the ones with a number.
jakalope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2015, 05:13 AM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

So weird,
I see 6 sets of those servos in person at my club from both T-Rex 700 and 550L for over 6 months, but none of them has an issue.
ddhuans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhuans View Post
So weird,
I see 6 sets of those servos in person at my club from both T-Rex 700 and 550L for over 6 months, but none of them has an issue.
I know what you mean, I have been flying the crap out of non numbered servos since November and haven't had the first glitch on two different 700L's. I guess I just got extremely lucky, but I think these servos are the best I have ever owned bar none..... I know that I have more then 300 flights total on these two helis by now.....
Old 08-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My experience so far has been great. I have them on a 700L, 600L, Logo 600SX. Quietest smoothest servos with no problems yet and I haven't found a serial number on any of them. Did I mention they are quiet?
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 08:18 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems the problems occur when running at 8.4 volts.
360mb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Poll: What voltages are being used and are you experiencing problems?

I have a new set of numbered servos and have yet to try with my standard 8.4v set up.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360mb View Post
Seems the problems occur when running at 8.4 volts.
Don't think it's a 8.4 volt problem. Now I've had 3 of the none serial # servos go bad but have not change anything on my control power system.
And now have logged lots of flight useing only a 2s 8.4 volt flight pack without any troubles. They (bad servos) all were DOA or they just died on the bench. So my thinking is that if it were a voltage issue it would just keep killing these servos.

But the thing is that Align/assurance seem to be swapping these out, with no questions asked. It least this has been my experience. And that makes me think that it's just a case of a BAD batch of servos.

Now this is only my 2 cents worth but I hope it may help.
yardner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been running mine on 2s lipo.....
Old 08-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=yardner;6600566]Don't think it's a 8.4 volt problem. Now I've had 3 of the none serial # servos go bad but have not change anything on my control power system.
And now have logged lots of flight useing only a 2s 8.4 volt flight pack without any troubles. They (bad servos) all were DOA or they just died on the bench. So my thinking is that if it were a voltage issue it would just keep killing these servos.

But the thing is that Align/assurance seem to be swapping these out, with no questions asked. It least this has been my experience. And that makes me think that it's just a case of a BAD batch of servos.

Now this is only my 2 cents worth but I hope it may help.

Align was good about replacing my servos I have yet to try the new ones out. On the OMG servo site there is a statement about running 8.4 volts can damage the servo on their "HV" servos. I believe the 815 & 855s are made by OMG. Its really too bad they arent made by Savox like the 610s etc.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kind of off topic but the funny thing is that my 610s, which are rated for up to 6V, have been running off a 2S lipo for 3 years on my 600 and many many flights. Yet servos that are officially rated for "HV" by the manufacturer have issues at 8.4V. What's the point of HV servos then?
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmatheextreme View Post
Kind of off topic but the funny thing is that my 610s, which are rated for up to 6V, have been running off a 2S lipo for 3 years on my 600 and many many flights. Yet servos that are officially rated for "HV" by the manufacturer have issues at 8.4V. What's the point of HV servos then?
Agreed ! makes no sense that " HV " servos can be damaged at "HV" !
I know several pilots who have used the 610s at 8.4 v. without issues - they were quality servos. Still have a 5 year old set on my rex 550 at 6 volts.

BTW the 7hv rocks. its my fav. electric, running the v2 tail and the "conventional head" with a vbar and torq servos.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:07 AM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

My servos definitely fried out very shortly after applying all 8.4 volts. I used 6.0 volts when just setting them up and testing them out. Then I went to fly it with a 2s LIPO - the insanity started.

45 hours on my model timer with the new serialized servos though. They've been flawless. Definitely some of the best of servos on the market IMO.

I also think it was just one big bad batch of servos. Seems to be under control now. I guaran damn tee that when I buy another kit... first thing I'm looking for is SERIAL NUMBERS.

The serialized servos are not the same. They move differently, are louder and use more power. But they last. Thats my priority.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in