Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 550 Class Electric Helicopters

550 Class Electric Helicopters 550 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with Gpro tail gain

I have a new 550l dom, all standard, old spektrum dx7, I have set up the gear channel as the gyro tail gain, atv in gear channel is maxed out at 100% and gpro tail gain is 120 in parameters menu, just doesnt seam right, tail feels locked in for my skill level, smooth sport flying but it just doesnt seam right that I need to max out everything, I have also set the gear channels endpoint correctley in setup menu.
hendriku is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which tail gain do you have maxed out in the software?

The basic rudder gain the software is in ADDITION to the rudder gain you have programmed in your TX. Sounds like you need to turn up the gain in your transmitter and likely turn down the gain the software.

If you had them both turned up all the way... the gain would be 200 percent. Make sense? They did this for exactly this reason- so if you're TX gain doesn't go high enough to get in a comfortable range... you can turn up the software.

It is literally a gain... for your gain.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rud gyro gain in software is set 120 max and gain in tx is set to 95
Old 07-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok.. another thing to check though. And this is a very common mistake and problem.

Is your TX actually controlling the tail gyro gain? I mean people click the numbers all day.. but very often.. the gain channel is not set correctly and they are not actually telling the FBL to increase/decrease.

I would put your software gain back to default... and see if you can turn down your TX gain to make the Gpro light change green to red and back. Go from max to min gain with your TX.

This will prove that your TX gain is actually controlling the FBL gain.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for help so far.

Bought a new Tx so started from scratch and did everything again.

Rudder servo is mechanically centred.
Gear channel is assigned to a switch at the moment that I can switch between normal gain mode and heading hold mode, I am 100% sure that the channel is assigned correctly I can see the change in colour as well as see the changes I make in flight(hover).
Dit hover in rate mode and did mechanical setup to zero.
Control balls are installed on linkages as per manual.

Left all Parameter settings standard as per software, not in beginner settings, normal settings.

Tx setting on heading hold gain 70%, tail very loose, increased up to 150% in tx got much better but still not right.

Increased Ruder Gyro Gain in software from 80% standard to 100%, with 150% on my tx the tail is ok and holding well but this just doesn't seam right.

Settings at the moment:

Software:

Setup Menu
Standard digital servo 1520
Reverse direction
Neutral position 4
Rudder left travel Limit 120
Rudder right travel limit 58

Parameter Menu
Tail Parameter:
All as per default except Rud Gyro gain 100

TX settings
Gear channel (Tail Gain) on a switch settings -30 and 150

The 150 gain setting can not be right! or should I stop worrying and just fly?

In the software in setup menu page 1 Transmitter & receiver page 150 atv on my radio for gear channel shows as 136% travel in red on GER(Tail Gain) if I bring it back on the radio to 110 it shows 100% AVCS Mode.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You still haven't tested if you actually have control of the Gpro Tail gyro gain.

Take your TX.... Turn down the tail gain to its lowest value while watching the GPro indicator light. It should go from green to red once you pass halfway.

Until then, I'm quite sure you don't have control of the tail gyro via TX. At full gain, the tail would wag so bad that the helicopter would try to shake itself to pieces.

Last edited by RC/DC_5000; 08-18-2015 at 09:16 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in