Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, I've not broken enough of my Align blades to want to try anything else.

I like the nano-tech 850mAh packs, they're a good size and weight and have lasted really well. If you check my sticky there's a spreadsheet linked with weights for a few packs.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2015, 01:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGooRc View Post
myxiplx
Have you ever used the 210mm CF Zeal blades in his superlightweight t250? If yes, whats is the feeling?
The increase in weight is minimal (9.7g vs 9.4 Align).

And about batteries, you make any change to reduce their weight? (i use tp910)
I use the Zeal blades on my T-Rex250 Pro DFC and love it, if you can describe a 250 as being floatier then this 250 is. The weight of the 250 did go up from 328g to 331g, but it did fly better with those blades so I did not mind the weight penalty.

I find the T-Rex250 more stable with the 210mm Zeal blades.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 02:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
No, I've not broken enough of my Align blades to want to try anything else.

I like the nano-tech 850mAh packs, they're a good size and weight and have lasted really well. If you check my sticky there's a spreadsheet linked with weights for a few packs.
on batteries, I was wondering if you modify the wires or remove the finishes (plastics) to reduce weight.

my tp910-25 weighs 72,4g and tp850-70 weights 76,0g, both with JST plug (original) but i guess is possible to remove finishes to save a few grams
MaGooRc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toocool4 View Post
I use the Zeal blades on my T-Rex250 Pro DFC and love it, if you can describe a 250 as being floatier then this 250 is. The weight of the 250 did go up from 328g to 331g, but it did fly better with those blades so I did not mind the weight penalty.

I find the T-Rex250 more stable with the 210mm Zeal blades.

Thanks Toocool4

Zeal has the same width throughout its length (20mm), perhaps this feature that makes it better. CF Align ranges from 25mm at the center (main hub side) to 20mm at the ends

I would love to see a video with the blades Zeal
Old 09-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
on batteries, I was wondering if you modify the wires or remove the finishes (plastics) to reduce weight.

my tp910-25 weighs 72,4g and tp850-70 weights 76,0g, both with JST plug (original) but i guess is possible to remove finishes to save a few grams
I did fit EC2 connectors to them, and I think I may have trimmed the wires a little, but it wouldn't be much if I did.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
It definitely flies better as it gets lighter, I've had a lot of positive comments from more experienced pilots about how mine flies, it seems to surprise them.

You don't really notice the changes as you drop a few gramms, so I can't say that under 300g is some magic value that works best, but the overall effect of dropping weight you definitely feel.

I personally wanted to get under 300g for the challenge of it, finding how well it flew was just a really nice bonus. 4200rpm and 285g suits this bird nicely, and I still get 4-5 minutes of solid 3D flying.

I get better flight times on my 250 than my Gaui X3!
You use talon15 or talon25 with 16t @ 250mx ?

My talon15 is not being enough to be used with stock motor (250mx) and 16t at 4500rpm.

For talon15 I guess is necessary a reduction of rpm, maybe 4200rpm
Old 11-04-2015, 01:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

My talon15 is not being enough to be used with stock motor (250mx) and 16t at 4500rpm.

I am running a Talon 15, 3600kv 250MX motor. 16T pinion and running head speed of N 4000RPM, IU1 4300RPM and IU2 4700RPM with no problem.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2015, 06:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here, I'm flying the Talon 15 and it'll 3D all day long at 4200 or 4500rpm.

I get comfortably 4m30s at 4200rpm, and have hundreds of flights on it at that speed.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

FWIW, I´m using the Talon15 in my 250 size Gaui. Although this heli is a good chunk lighter than the Trex 250, I had massive problems with the overcurrent protection kicking in, even set on "insensitive". Tried different motors, checked my soldering more than once, grounded the tail und numerous other things to no avail.

The strange thing was that the OC protection kicked in seemingly random, not at all related to demanding maneuvers. Anyway, only by mounting a smaller pinion I got rid of this problem.

Long story short, if you want to reduce rpm, do it with a smaller pinion, not with a throttle curve.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:43 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Talon 15 (and 25) has never had a "insensitive " setting for OC protection. It was either "enabled" or "disabled". There are a lot of older posts related to this. The OC protection is buggy. Disable it and don't look back.

The newest software has changed (not surprisingly) but still doesn't have a "insensitive" setting.

I agree that, with respect to your desired rpm range, its better to change a pinion. A brushless motor runs most efficiently close to it's maximum rated RPM.
Murph_d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2015, 02:26 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph_d View Post
The Talon 15 (and 25) has never had a "insensitive " setting for OC protection. It was either "enabled" or "disabled".
My bad, it was a while since I set it up. And yes it must be buggy, because I get OC shutdowns despite the fact the OC protection is already disabled.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in