Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Howdo you replace the center hub set on a fp v2

well i went to my aunts this weekend and was flying my honey bee. it was going great but my battery went dead before i even realized i was running low and i couldnt bring it back. i crashed into snow but i broke my blade grips on the ball and on the actual part that holds the blade. i thought that was it but found out when i got home i also broke of the part with the bearing that snaps into the blade grip. i think i need a new center hub set, (and a bearing[what size?]). the thing is i have no idea how to take it all off and then put it back together. im starting to realize what everyone says when they tralk abotu this hobby making you go broke. ive hadd more crashes and needed more spare parts than any other rc ive had. im not sure but i remember seeing a video of a guy talking about it and then saying something about prying out the bearing to replace the head. i have no idea what video that was so i figure you guys will be just the ticket to get me back in flyingh(and crashing) order again. thanks

DeepEastKilla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can actually remove the bearings from the old broken center hub using a *tiny* phillips head screwdriver. Hold the head/broken plastic with pliers, and carefully (so as to not strip the screw) unscrew the bearing, so it can slide off. To remove the center hub from the main axis, you have to remove the Jesus pin. It's a small silver rod about as thick as a paperclip, and it goes through the center hub. Using pliers, pull it out. (If it's bent, it will be quite difficult to get it out). Than you'll be able to slide the center hub up and off of the axis, to replace it.

Here is a link to how to change the center hub:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltcpaiHf8So[/ame]

Good luck!
Derick Z is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

[QUOTE=Derick Z;1891435]You can actually remove the bearings from the old broken center hub using a *tiny* phillips head screwdriver. Hold the head/broken plastic with pliers, and carefully (so as to not strip the screw) unscrew the bearing, so it can slide off. To remove the center hub from the main axis, you have to remove the Jesus pin. It's a small silver rod about as thick as a paperclip, and it goes through the center hub. Using pliers, pull it out. (If it's bent, it will be quite difficult to get it out). Than you'll be able to slide the center hub up and off of the axis, to replace it.

Here is a link to how to change the center hub
[QUOTE]

thanks i wasnt sure if i had the bearing but now that i look its still lodged in there.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok i got it down to the flybar, outer paddle control frame, and the center hub but i cant pull the flybar out of them to separate them all. i dont know what the trick is to get them apart!

ok after watching the video and seeing his just slide right offf i was thinking WTF. so i pulled nearly as hard as i could and was sure the control frame would break, it didnt and it started to budge a little. so i pulled some more and it finnally slipped off. now i just need to wait for my hub. o and as for the blade grips i just ca'ed them

Last edited by DeepEastKilla; 03-07-2010 at 06:59 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The outer paddle control frame has 2 allen grub screws under it! You're lucky it didn't break yanking the flybar out

You'll have to loosen them with the included allen wrench before putting the bar back in, or you'll have some BIG headaches later

Glad you got it figured out! Happy flying!
Derick Z is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick Z View Post
The outer paddle control frame has 2 allen grub screws under it! You're lucky it didn't break yanking the flybar out

You'll have to loosen them with the included allen wrench before putting the bar back in, or you'll have some BIG headaches later

Glad you got it figured out! Happy flying!
WHAT DO U THINK I AM, STUPID!?

lol, jk. but yea i already had them out thats why i was wondering why it was so hard.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ran into the similar thing on my v2 trying to get one of the flybar paddles off, it came with the grub screw glued to the weight. I got a tip to use heat, I know you can't do that on the pcf, and I got the screw out. The weight was still stuck on the flybar and I think it was glued because I had to pull like hell to get it off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in