Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This heli is built like a tank!!

So I plowed the ground today at full speed pulling out of a high-speed loop...ground came up too quickly! Impact sheared the head completely off the heli and split the headblock in half...

However, the frame and all electronics survived! The blade grips are also intact. Both main bearings are totally frozen up.

Here's the really interesting part...I never hit TH since it happened so fast, but the main gear is also intact! The batteries were nicely protected inside the frame cage and were not damaged.

My RH order came out to $180 not including blades, tail boom, boom braces, skids, and a few other things I had in stock. Not too bad. My buddy mtymyk witnessed the crash and we both commented on how amazing it was this thing survived the way it did... on just about any other heli, this would have been a rekit! I know it would have been with my 600ESP.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

A pretty normal crash broke the plastic servo moldings for me. Conclusion - every crash is unique.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Woah! Sheared off that head and just minimal damage? Glad to hear the 600efl can handle some nasty crash. Not that I want to experience one anytime soon to prove it also, lol.

Hope you get it fixed and have her flying soon. Were you flying with Mike when it happened?
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kind of off topic but was that head advertised as billet?
Liduno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys.. I too was impressed with the machine. my one and only mishap with my 600 efl pro was full power + gravity + out of control Versus earth.... Earth won the battle. As u can see in the pic the wire in the blade wrapped so hard around the shaft it took me hours to get it apart. ( high tensile wire ) The main shaft didnt even bend ( replaced it anyway). So apart from Tail boom, skids, canopy blades and 1 Lipo (wouldnt take a charge after impact) the heli survived well. Very impressed... Am trying hard not to repeat the performance :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01327.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	292824   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01331.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	292825  
sprat0864 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree. I love it for that reason.
cortez jenkins sr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprat0864 View Post
Hi guys.. I too was impressed with the machine. my one and only mishap with my 600 efl pro was full power + gravity + out of control Versus earth.... Earth won the battle. As u can see in the pic the wire in the blade wrapped so hard around the shaft it took me hours to get it apart. ( high tensile wire ) The main shaft didnt even bend ( replaced it anyway). So apart from Tail boom, skids, canopy blades and 1 Lipo (wouldnt take a charge after impact) the heli survived well. Very impressed... Am trying hard not to repeat the performance :-)
Nice one!

To the OP, I always thought the head block looks a bit skinny where it broke, hoping the new shorter DFC head block if beafier. Can also get a KDE block. But hey, the energy has t go somewhere anyway so something else will bend / break
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 03:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The more I see the heli crash picture the more I worry to fly my 600EFL. Due to the currency conversion in my country I have to pay 3 times more than you guys to repair the same damage.

But, touchwood!!!!!!!!!!!
daddoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shift to Australia mate, We are at $1.06 US at the moment. It's like heaven :-)
sprat0864 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

just total up your cost if it gets to high start looking on ebay and the forums for a airframe
its what I did. if you pay 50-100 more than your actually repair cost you'll have parts for next time or can sell off the frames for the 100.00 and be even
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by what-d-heli View Post
Woah! Sheared off that head and just minimal damage? Glad to hear the 600efl can handle some nasty crash. Not that I want to experience one anytime soon to prove it also, lol.

Hope you get it fixed and have her flying soon. Were you flying with Mike when it happened?
Yeah, Mike and I spent the entire morning flying, it was great! Unfortunately, we both plowed a heli into the ground...his 450 had some mechanical failure and got dirtnapped and mine was more of a depth perception problem.

I do those power loops all the time at my field, which is flat, but at Dyer, there is like a flat spot where you take off and then a small hill... well, I miscalculated the exit and didn't pull up in time to avoid the little hill.

I hope to get all the parts today and be back in the air this weekend... I'm hoping there is no damage to the servos or vbar!
AMA #934662
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just came back from a 3 flights session at my "alternate" (read non sacntionned next to the office) field and almost had a similar mishap. I love to make those big inverted loops in the pilot's awis (towards me and pull hard to make blades fart . On occasions I just make a turn at the end and go past me on the side. Just forgot this field has a tree line behind me Almost went full speed inverted into a tree and just managed to pull out before mayhem. That's what I call an adrenaline shot
Made it down safely though
HeliBenj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
A pretty normal crash broke the plastic servo moldings for me. Conclusion - every crash is unique.
I feel like this would be an issue. When I put it together I saw its all plastic, while it looks smooth, I have not seen replacements and would think plastic strips easily. Have not crashed yet but I am not looking forward to having to get new side frames if this happens. Might get the copterX frame for the metal mounts if it breaks on me.

Looks like I can get just metal mounts and make it fit on the align frame (which I think would be higher quality and more precise measurements)
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=11437
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright, well an update... I just finished tearing everything apart (mechanically). Looks like all of the bearings survived except the main bearings. I put in some nice ceramic hybrids in there. Also, one of the blade grip links is totally missing, and I just looked at my stockpile of parts and I have the rods, but not these funky large plastic ball links! Even the ball link kit I bought for this heli doesn't have any! Where do I get those?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this main gear thing. This is the first major crash I've had where the main gear survives intact...not sure how, but it did! I put the heli main body on the bench and powered it up a few minutes ago. Everything powers up fine and I get good smooth movement out of the servos. Spools up perfectly and zero vibration, so I got lucky!

Oh, here's a weird one... I'm missing the torque tube!!! Its not in the pile of wreckage we picked up at the field. The bearing holder AND bearing are both inside the boom, but the TT is gone!

Where the hell is the UPS guy!!! Bastard always makes my house his last delivery!
AMA #934662
Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Carlos, you are one lucky mofo!! lol, Still very surprised how the heli survived, you would have thought it would have disintegrated. I almost wish I was taping, I think most would have been astonished. Btw, I will be at Dyer Monday to Wednesday, lol, let me know if you have time to hook up again. now go hunt down that UPS guy!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtymyk View Post
Carlos, you are one lucky mofo!! lol, Still very surprised how the heli survived, you would have thought it would have disintegrated. I almost wish I was taping, I think most would have been astonished. Btw, I will be at Dyer Monday to Wednesday, lol, let me know if you have time to hook up again. now go hunt down that UPS guy!!!
LOL! Yeah man, I've been pulling grass out of every possible hiding spot in the frame! Hey, I can't tell for sure, but I could almost swear that the main shaft AND feathering shaft are straight as an arrow! Don't ask me how that's possible... I threw both of them out just in case, but it is weird.

Mike, sent you a txt earlier, but I guess you didn't get it... want to do a Boynton Fun Fly again this Sunday? Fly for a couple of hours and then BBQ at my house. Bring the wife and kids!

EDIT: HOWWWLLLLY CRAP!!! He just showed up! Ok, gotta go get busy rebuilding!
AMA #934662
Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

EDIT 2: LMAO... ReadyHeli RULES!!! LOL I told them to ease my crash pain with extra mints...

AMA #934662
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess we'll be having some mints after the FunFly BBQ?!!! lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in