Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BD3SX with DX9. Easier than DX8???

Hi all, I have a DX8 and have set up my 3sx (I've got 3 now) on my 3 helis with some help from this forum. All well and good. Just wondering if any of you have used the 3SX with a DX8 and also a DX9. If so, is the 9 any easier to programme, especially the rescue and SL modes? I'm considering the DX9 for an upgrade and also to use for teaching at my club using the wireless trainer system.
Thanks
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycopter View Post
Hi all, I have a DX8 and have set up my 3sx (I've got 3 now) on my 3 helis with some help from this forum. All well and good. Just wondering if any of you have used the 3SX with a DX8 and also a DX9. If so, is the 9 any easier to programme, especially the rescue and SL modes? I'm considering the DX9 for an upgrade and also to use for teaching at my club using the wireless trainer system.
Thanks
I'd say yes. All the new Spektrum DX series, DX9 DX18 and even the new DX7 have very flexible switch programming. You can assign any switch to any channel. Using Mixes, you can assign more than one switch to the same channel. So the popular approach is to use a toggle to send zero for Rigid and some other value (say +30) for SL), the second mix usually uses the push button (switch I) to override the toggle switch and send Rescue. See the DX18 sticky in the sticky section for a more complete explanation. The same mixes work in the DX9 or new 7.

A lot of use two more mixes to turn off the right stick when you press the Rescue button.

So 4 mixes total.

The top two posts here have all four mixes.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=570708&page=2

Once you get the idea of them, you can pick whatever switches you want to use.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for that. I had a feeling it would be easier with the DX9. The 18 is beyond my budget so it will be the DX9 if I upgrade at all. I also quite fancy wireless buddy box training and I believe you can also teach any controls you like, while the master TX retains the rest. The pupil can use my DX8.

Anyway, thank you again my friend. I'm going out to test my 450X rescue today and its general setup. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycopter View Post
The 18 is beyond my budget so it will be the DX9 if I upgrade at all.
The 9 is fine. Not in any way suggesting the 18 is needed. The 9 was not even out when we first worked out those mixes so they are in a DX18 thread. The mixes are identical. Personally, I was a little tweaked because the 9 came out not long after the 18. My 18 does not have voice while the 9 does. Now the 18 has voice also. That's just the way it goes. You never know when new stuff is coming out.

Also, "easier" is a relative term. "more functional" or "more versatile" are probably better descriptions. I would not say all the features are easy to use because the manual is really very poor. Well written but lacking content on anything above basic use.

basically the manual says "there are mixes available" but tells you nothing about what the numbers in the input fields mean.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I hate small models! I have just tested the 450X and while it hovers ok and flies forward ok at a slow speed, when I try anything faster it has bad head shaking and seemed to be "doing the dolphin" which I've never had before. It just felt horrid. Nothing on the heli is bent as it's new - all I've done is remove the 7200BX and put the 3SX on. (I've set 3 of these up without too much stress on my 550 and 500) So do I reduce the head gain or increase it? The setup must be close to correct as I downloaded a 3SX file from this forum for 450 - 500 size helis.

I have never really enjoyed small helis. My T Rex 550 and Logo 500 are so much nicer to fly and they seem easier to set up. Small (450 or smaller) helis always seem to be a pain in the butt. If anyone reading this can suggest what I do next, that would be nice but I fear a lot of fly, tweak, fly, tweak, fly, tweak.

I've just reduced the head gain from 62 to 55 and will fly at our club tomorrow. At least the tail seemed to be ok - holding quite solid. The head gain on the downloaded file was 55.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same here

Small helis need way more attention in ultra-correct building as well as parts quality. This is something you will mostly run into. Easier to run into trouble than with larger helis, I agree from my experience.
Not saying that this will not work though.
DEMONjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in