Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

They will start bogging after about a minute and a half, or two minutes, but it will still fly and do 3d. It's just the stock motor and batteries lose a bit of their discharge ability after so many minutes. You still shouldn't have a problem flying or getting off the ground.

How does it fly when you first plug in the battery?
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ya John your right I seem to be getting around a minute and a half of flight time then it bogs to the ground of I wait it will lift again but wont stay up that long but at least it flys
jb1024 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think your motor is shot. Mine had this problem yesterday, switched out the motors (put an mcpx main in it) and now it's fine.
bytemuncher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My motor is new but I could try another one I got a few so I could see if it makes a difference if I change it
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to confirm you also checked there is no up/down play in the main shaft. It shouldn't move vertically at all (i.e. main gear and fixing collar should be snug).
Old 03-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope I check that every time I crash cuz it slips down sometimes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine was doing the same thing would fly good for a couple minutes and then act like yours . I tried a different motor , batteries and even a brushless set up . each time batteries had 30 to 40 percent left . I added a telementery module to my devo 8 and noticed that i had a .3 votage drop when motor was on . I changed to micro deans conectors and now I only have a .1 volt drop and my problem is gone . Even if your connectors look good change them to deans or ec2 style .
5488fletcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5488fletcher View Post
Even if your connectors look good change them to deans or ec2 style .
+1

Make sure to get micro-deans though. I made the mistake of ordering the 'Ultra-deans' which may be good for a nitro or larger heli but for something the size of an McpX or other mini/micro helis, they are way over-kill, heavier and difficult to disconnect to boot.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx fletcher i guess I got no choice to solder could someone provide a link to the right micro deans and some 240 mah hyperions Plz thx in advance would like to order from wow
Old 03-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Search on google shopping. You'll find that there are many different prices and websites for the same products. Just go to google.com, then click on shopping at the top, then type in "Hyperion g3 CX 240mah", then search for "micro deans connectors". You should be able to get a pretty good price on them like that. If you're going to get the micro deans connectors with your batteries, then you can get your hyperions from pretty much anywhere. Most of them come with the UM-style mcpx connectors, but you can snip them off and solder on some micro deans. Soldering them isn't actually that hard, either, so you should be up and running in no time.
// WK2801 // Spektrum DX4e //
jonbailie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just don't snip both leads from the battery at the same time. Not good.

DON'T ask me how I know!

Actually, considering how close the wires are at the connector, I've had it where I try to snip one and end up nicking the other. Not enough to cause damage but still, sparks are not fun.

The safest I found is to remove the metal female connections from inside the connector intact, by lifting up on the plastic tab holding them in, and then cutting off the female connection and going from there.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used these after another helifreak recommended them . The are nice and cost less .http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=98
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im using these batteries http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-RC-3-7V-3...item336d74fff9
Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5488fletcher View Post
I used these after another helifreak recommended them . The are nice and cost less .http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=98
Thanks for the heads up on that! I Googled till my fingers bled and couldn't find them available anywhere.

I ended up getting some 3pin polarized from a LHS as they only had one pair of the 2-pin sets but because of running a brick-n-mortar store with its inherent overhead, just two pair of the 3-pin cost as much as 5 of the 2-pin from EPBuddy and I needed 8 pair just to get enough for my batteries because the ones I got aren't polarized as the 2-pin variety i.e. any given connector can fit either side with the 2-pin polarized.

I've now 2 sets of 5 pairs on order and EPBuddy being in Ohio and my being in Wisconsin, I should get them soon!

Thanks again!

Last edited by Heli-opolis; 03-05-2012 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can anybody tell me, how many flights you get before you need to change the motor?
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
Can anybody tell me, how many flights you get before you need to change the motor?
I got 100-150 out of my genius stock motor. Now using mcpx main. Out of the brushed motors I like the 1220fc the best (mini cp main). Short flight times, but it really has some pop, and is still going strong after 200 flights...probably because flight times are so short
Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-opolis View Post
Thanks for the heads up on that! I Googled till my fingers bled and couldn't find them available anywhere.

I ended up getting some 3pin polarized from a LHS as they only had one pair of the 2-pin sets but because of running a brick-n-mortar store with its inherent overhead,

Thanks again!
You have Jazzjohn to thank for all the LHS shortage/outage...
(He's my buyer too...)
SBT.
Intheway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey I just handle the purchase requests as they come in....

I'll be in the vicinity tomorrow and could pick up more if they have any (over in Monona.)
Old 03-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzjohn View Post
if they have any (over in Monona.)
They don't and their supplier is BO'd too. That's why I ended up with the 3-pin micros.

But, and I still can't believe it, I had placed an order for the micro's from EPBuddy just before my reply about putting them on order and I just now got an email from them saying they've been shipped!

And, with a tracking number, which it said on their site that I won't get!

From order time to ship time, 2 hours!

Last edited by Heli-opolis; 03-05-2012 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: Forgot the time-zone thingy.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a bunch that I haven't started to use to convert my stash yet, so you can use some of mine if you aren't already committed to another type by now.
As for this post...
Sorry to say that I doubt the connectors are the culprit here. I'll be the first to say go with the Deans. Gold etc. makes them the best. But I'm still flying the corny Walkera connectors and they do get the job done at least for stock batteries and low performance hovering like you are trying to do jb1024. The Walkera connectors on your new bird were fine as were the new batteries that came with it I would guess. If you go back to page 1 and read this post from the start, I think you will all agree that there is something going on here besides crappy stock Walkera battery/power connectors. Did you have a chance to check your charged battery voltage yet jb? That might help.
Wish I knew what to say.
Maybe if you send it to Jazzjohn he will fix it for free?
(I didn't say that...)

Good luck jb1024. Keep trying, and if this is a good time to learn to solder then by all means do it. That's a skill you won't ever regret even if you give up on the hobby. But you clearly aren't a quitter so keep at it. We (you. they) will get the 2 birds flying the same in a good way soon.
Intheway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in