Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ice Lite 50 throttle settings dx6i

I have a 450 with an Ice Lite 50 and a dx6i. Because I only have one idle up function, I am currently running the headspeed gov (in the throttle curve menu of the dx6i) at 70% for position 2 3 4 and 100% at full neg and full pos. Would it be better to just run 100% all the way across the board, or to keep it as is?
HiVolt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm a little confused by your wording, but are you using the set gov mode and using a flat curve in idleup and a 0-20-40-40-40 curve in norm?

Any throt value between 50-99% will gov at the speed you have set in that section. If you want to use 100%, then you need to make sure you have the desired rpm set in the 100% section.

Lets say you didn't set a value, and then you set the curves for flat 100%, the esc will think you want to run at the rpm set for that throttle position, if its not set, it will just stop running.

To be safe just set the 50-99 and 100 sections to the same rpm, this way any throttle input between 50-100 will be the same rpm. Then you can set your idleup to a flat 50, flat 60, flat 70, flat 80, flat 90 etc to get the same gov headspeed.

You should use a flat curve for idleup, it keeps the setup simple, even though you could put in a linear curve and it would still function at the same rpm(unless below 50% or you have a different rpm set for 100%), but why make it more complicated than it really needs to be?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in