Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spartan quark Outrage edition - warm case?

I have the spartan quark outrage edition and I noticed that the case gets warm when powered up on the bench.

is this normal? it was around 100F, with ambient around 75 - 80F.

Also, I haven't managed to dial out the persistent intermittent tail wag. All gain settings have the same wag ( just faster with higher gain). Tried the spartan pad reccomendation ( stock), one 2mm futaba gy520 pad, 5mm zeal tape, 3mm - steel plate - 2mm pad combo ( futaba gy520 tape) and there has been no change in the performance. Vibes seem low (spooled up with no rotor head on the bench and feeling the gyro ..only high freq vibes as expected).

Any ideas?

I got a feeling it has to do with interference but im not sure yet. Servo is a MKS BLS 990...which seems glitchy when powered up with the BEC, and less glitchy when powered with a nimh pack.

Im lost
gbidwell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Please see the knowledge-base topics below. It may worth having a further search/browse there as there may be more topics related to the issues you are experiencing and as a new user you'll probably find lots of useful information anyway.

http://www.spartan-rc.com/resources/....php?topic=134

http://www.spartan-rc.com/resources/...q.php?topic=83

Cheers,
Angelos

Angelos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 05:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks angelos This is my first spartan product so I need all the info I can get. All my other models have GY520's.
gbidwell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in