Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just replaced the 3GX on my 450 pro with a mini Vbar express and it is a clearly noticeable difference.
The 3GX has artifacts which are odd but you get used to them and you compensate for them. It is not horrible but far from perfect. The Vbar has much less artifacts which I might be able to tweak in the pro version but for me it is perfect so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompma View Post
I have experience with V-Bar and Beastx for FBL units. How is the new 3GX? I read it is way better than the old 3G unit. Coming from those FBL units would I be satisfied with the 3GX? Might now even be able to tell because of the size of the heli. Just inherently unstable little guy. Would be nice to just get a combo to save money.
falke398 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #42 (permalink)

Has ALIGN given a release date yet??
glarepro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

did a tiny bit of trawling, couldn't find any dates
Old 06-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by glarepro View Post
Has ALIGN given a release date yet??
This is the response i got from our local Align importer

Quote:
Dear Customer

Thanks for your email.
Please go to our website book one now.
Later when it is arrived, there will be an automatically email sent to you at first place.
We just got the release information here, shipment packing list hasn’t been received, so could not give you exactly date.
So the short answer is no release date yet.
Langdon04 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

If thats wattsuprc I got a similar message from them about the dfc head about a month ago and they are getting them in stock tomorrow. So if its anything to go by then maybe a month or so?

Then again the dfc head has been out for a week already overseas.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

My LHS has always said that once Align actually announces something, it's usually about 4-6 weeks until they have supply. They don't give dates but once it's announced, that means it's in the system and production is confirmed if not already under way.
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
My LHS has always said that once Align actually announces something, it's usually about 4-6 weeks until they have supply. They don't give dates but once it's announced, that means it's in the system and production is confirmed if not already under way.
The only thing that is weird on this 250DFC kit is that nothing has really been "official" in regards to any kind of release dates. I was just looking at the Align Facebook page and they posted the new 700E DFC Combo kits will be released next week (just 5 hours ago). We have seen very little information on this kit and the only info that was let out to the public was a picture of Alan holding this bird in Taiwan. We haven't even seen a video of a test flight but we are going to release the product next week? Hopefully the 250 will come soon but I'm guessing that they will try to get the 450 out before the 250 release. The 250 market is not as big as the 450 market so this would make logical sense...we will have to wait and see....
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree, I saw the new 700 up there on FB this morning... still no word on the 250 on either FB or align.com.tw
DX8 + Telemetery on all
Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm definitely excited for its release.... will be picking one up for sure
Walkera WK2801-Pro, Walkera V120D02S, Walkera C05 Genius CP
seanm135 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have contacted several UK suppliers including the main distro of the UK and align themselfs.

Align came back with the responce that its not been offically announced so no dates.

All the 5 distro's said they should be arriving in 4 weeks time (1 week ago) so mid June is a good guess.

However Align have been emailing suppliers with the following...

They have just updated me with 2-3 weeks for UK delivery. We will be among the first (if not the first) to receive these.

I will let you know as soon as they arrive.

Hopefully we should see an offical announcment
Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

What will the TT bring? I've always wondered are they more efficient than belts or something? Cause I've never heard of pilots been held back by performance of a belt drive.

To me it just seems to add to the complexity and repair costs.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by youturnjason View Post
What will the TT bring? I've always wondered are they more efficient than belts or something? Cause I've never heard of pilots been held back by performance of a belt drive.

I never really trust the belt. Although there's some warning, they do break mid flight. I imagine a torque tube would fail more gracefully.

Can't work out how they could make gears spin the tail counter clockwise tho. Is there a bigger picture of the tail drive gear?
rseegers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by youturnjason View Post

It will bring more consistent power to the tail, if the boom shifts even slightly on the 250, the belt can easily become just loose enough to start chugging, or more likely, slip on a hard tail stop. The 250 can have different tail holding from one flight to the next.

But, I agree with the belt vs TT in general for 450s and up. And in this small size, and with almost no ground clearance... and those gears will likely shred at nothing. You'll have to be sure you've got a clear, flat, hard surface for landing and taking off.

The belt is much more forgiving to the novice, but I believe the belt in the 250 just isn't as solid as a belt on a 450.
I check my belt tension on the 450 every 20 or so flight, but rarely adjust it. I'm checking the 250 about every 5-10 flights and usually have to tighten it every time.
DX8 + Telemetery on all
Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
It will bring more consistent power to the tail, if the boom shifts even slightly on the 250, the belt can easily become just loose enough to start chugging, or more likely, slip on a hard tail stop. The 250 can have different tail holding from one flight to the next.

But, I agree with the belt vs TT in general for 450s and up. And in this small size, and with almost no ground clearance... and those gears will likely shred at nothing. You'll have to be sure you've got a clear, flat, hard surface for landing and taking off.

The belt is much more forgiving to the novice, but I believe the belt in the 250 just isn't as solid as a belt on a 450.
I check my belt tension on the 450 every 20 or so flight, but rarely adjust it. I'm checking the 250 about every 5-10 flights and usually have to tighten it every time.
Is there an obvious noise when a belt slips? can't say I've heard anything in flight (still not doing 3D)
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm, I've never had a problem with belt tension on mine. I run it quite loose as I managed to seperate a tail pulley bearing by having it too tight. I guess I can't really compare though as I've never actually flown a TT before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseegers View Post
Can't work out how they could make gears spin the tail counter clockwise tho. Is there a bigger picture of the tail drive gear?
The direction of the tail will change depending on whether the umbrella gear in the pulley is above or below the torque tube.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseegers View Post
I never really trust the belt. Although there's some warning, they do break mid flight. I imagine a torque tube would fail more gracefully.

The tail gears look to be the same arrangement as the Tarot torque tube conversation.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
The only thing that is weird on this 250DFC kit is that nothing has really been "official" in regards to any kind of release dates. I was just looking at the Align Facebook page and they posted the new 700E DFC Combo kits will be released next week (just 5 hours ago). We have seen very little information on this kit and the only info that was let out to the public was a picture of Alan holding this bird in Taiwan. We haven't even seen a video of a test flight but we are going to release the product next week? Hopefully the 250 will come soon but I'm guessing that they will try to get the 450 out before the 250 release. The 250 market is not as big as the 450 market so this would make logical sense...we will have to wait and see....
The 250 Pro DFC *just* went up at align.com.tw

Better 'focus shots' also. You can clearly see the new pitch slider, DFC swash and the TT gear orientation.
DX8 + Telemetery on all
Old 06-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

is that a bigger top bearing?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think so. I think it just looks bigger since there isn't any collar any more, it's just a slight ridge machined in to the shaft.
DX8 + Telemetery on all
Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I don't think so. I think it just looks bigger since there isn't any collar any more, it's just a slight ridge machined in to the shaft.
So you are saying the clean shaven look makes it look bigger?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in