Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default how to loop it?

I was trying to loop it the other day. Nope..... I set it up with the most throw I can have. Went fff. Then tried to pull back and juice the throttle. I went over fast and bam.... on its face. What's the best way to do this on this heli...... I'm used to a CP. A lil more forgiving when u can't fly worth crap..... negative collective comes in handy when u screw up,...

Will this heli loop in the same altitude? Like if I were 10ft up and pull a loop, is it possible to have it ending up 10 foot up? Does that make sense?
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think what you are trying is possible with the MSRX the only way I have heard of flipping is flying up 100' or so and entering a nose dive which will cause it to flip but you end up about 60' lower when you regain upright flight.
tbullard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand it's possible and I've seen videos of people looping and rolling them but it looks nothing like even the mCPX doing it even in the hands of someone that's good. I don't think it can be done in the 10' or so of space you're talking about that an mCPX can, for example. Personally, I'm spending too much time trying to make flips and rolls look nice on my mCPXs and 450 that I've given up trying on the mSRX. It is now strictly an indoor heli that I fly messing around with the kids and dog. Still really like it, and like how nimble and respsonive it is zipping around a small space, but the fixed pitch and power compared to even my brushless mCPXs have really made me lose interest in trying to make it do things its fixed pitched rotors will keep inherently difficult.
Chris Gardill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

BACKFLIPS

Okay, from experience, not from I've seen or I've heard. I usually go at least 60 feet up but 100 feet is a good place to start doing em for the first time. You CAN dive into it and then just as you get the nose straight down pull the elevator straight back and it will pull a 15-20 foot loop. You NEED to start the backflip no less than 35 feet from the ground or you'll bin it.

My preferred method is to go about 75 feet up and just pull straight back on the elevator. ALL the way back and just hold it unti lthe heli is fully upright again. The loop will be about a 30 foot loop and looks a little more spectacular IMO.

What you are asking about doing a loop and maintaining elevation is absolutely NOT possible with the mSR X.

FRONTFLIPS

I do them just like the second method listed except I get about 10 feet more elevation and just hit the elevator stick forward and hold it. It kinda flops like a pigeon about half way through the loop. Not too pretty.

AILERON ROLLS

Do em just like the front flip make sure you start from a very stable hover about 75 feet up and only use left or right aileron. I have better luck with right. Left seems to add some forward from the blade momentum but maybe I'm just dumb thumbing it.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did two front flips today..

got her as high as I could than nose dived, it did a full forward flip and as soon as it got out of it , it stuck a stable hover.
greyhoundfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yessir, another convert LOL. It's a blast. Backflips and aileron rolls are exactly the same. As soon as it comes out of the flip BAM stable hover.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I started to do a back flip a couple of times the other evening but i chickened out.....lol !
Gonna do it the next time I get the weather to fly outside.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade grips and blades can snap doing flips with the mSRX. It makes for lots more broken plastic. Why not get a mCPX?
motoracer5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

LMAO Rakon = I break NOTHING. Besides I have an mCP X. Why not try it and see how much fun it is to do something you're not supposed to be able to do instead of raining on our parade LOL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in