Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 500 cuts out

Hey guys had my 500 for about 3 months now gf frame have not done any static mods
running dx6i with ar6200 reciever last night for the first time the bird just cut out completely for about a second and then spun up again i have now gone thru three packs since low to the ground and it has not done it again would the lights on the reciever be flashing if it lost power as they were not does that mean maybe a prob with esc or could it be esd the heli did not behave eratic before it cut it just cut
as i still had throttle up it spun up as soon as it hit the deck and then i closed throttle
checked wiring etc listend to motor settings on start up all seemed fine my deans connectors also have become very easy to pull apart i dont think this is a prob as reciever was not flashing any ideas
cheers
Sliver
sliver1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 02:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok so after much searching and trying to understand the very long argumentitive esd posts i have decided on a cnc tail box and i will lube the belt with silicone as i have
the glass fibre frame do i need to earth the boom to the frame as i think gf is not conductive???????
Sliver
Old 08-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default My Suggestion...

I would recommend making sure you have conductivity between the tail rotor shaft (which can be achieved using the alum tail case if you sand things in the right places - including the boom where it attaches) all the way to the boom block tail bearings. Then I would ground the whole boom to the motor mount. I am able to get down to between 100 and 200 ohms of resistance between the tail rotor shaft and the motor mount (which is conducting through the bearings on the tail rotor shaft).

I had problems with static and having done the above I have not had a single issue. Doesn't hurt to lube the belt with silicone either.

Jeremy
spike5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had some static issues with my GF frame so i just installed the torque tube , better then doing static mods.
JohnAu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smile

thanx Jeremy thats usefull info John au i would like to get a t tube but still not
available here in Sa its been a dry winter and i guesse it was my time kinda
blows your confidence when it doese happen.
cheers guys
Sliver

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in