Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HeliFreak.com Rules, Support and Testing > Other Websites > RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner

RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner RC Heli Nation Podcast - Listeners Corner for Suggestions and Announcements from RCHN

View Poll Results: Who wants an RCHN 3.0 and would you pay for it?
Yes, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! 44 70.97%
Yes, but I keep my money. 6 9.68%
No 12 19.35%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Who wants RCHN 3.0 and would you pay for it?

Who wants an RCHN 3.0 and would you pay for it?
CN#139
GOBLIN 500- HeliJive 120, Pyro 600-12, BK Servo
GOBLIN BLACK NITRO YS 96 SRX Tareq, Torq, BK
-G's is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2017, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd love an RCHN 3, as long as it were populated by people that are as knowledgeable and as passionate as the RCHN 2.0 crew.

Patreon is a good platform to get and maintain funding for production. Along with monetization of youtube content and income from sponsorship and advertisers capitalizing on the RCHN brand, a good show has the potential to pay for itself.

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think we need to let the RCHN brand go. They want to be left where it's at. Now if someone wants to start a new podcast that would be fine just get your own name. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
I think we need to let the RCHN brand go. They want to be left where it's at. Now if someone wants to start a new podcast that would be fine just get your own name. IMO.

Hate to say it but I agree. I doubt RCHNv2 will EVER see anything even close to being it's equal. Will be a long time before those stars align again if ever. The chemistry, leadership, commitment, successes and sacrifice displayed by Dan and the crew has been truly inspiring. I'm so glad Dan has persevered with his health and truly enjoying life to its fullest again.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Unless it's Dan who wants to restart it. He owns it. It's his baby.
dgunawan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I would like to encourage everyone to actually vote. Seems like the thread has gotten quite a few views but not many taliable votes.
C'mon just make a decision!
CN#139
Old 01-25-2017, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

With nearly 231,000 HeliFreaks registered...

And less that 1000 Citizens...the poll probably doesn't carry much weight regardless of the yay/nay poll numbers
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Who wants RCHN 3.0 and would you pay for it?

Can't see the poll on Tapatalk so I'll vote in the morning. My opinion is if it isn't done by Dan it shouldn't be called RCHN. I might be persuaded if one of the other crew decided to do it but not even sure about that just yet.
Larry227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 05:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgunawan View Post
Unless it's Dan who wants to restart it. He owns it. It's his baby.

I agree. I think they will probably still do funfly episodes I bet.

tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I agree. I think they will probably still do funfly episodes I bet.

Doubt it, The crew will have a first of probably just Fun ND Fly...
Smk-A$$-3D™ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 10:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I understood it was not about money. It was about the guys burning out of steam for new content and wanting to get back to being just plain pilots. Dan wanting to take on his bike and carry a Heli or not and enjoy life now that he's better. Nick spending more time with his kid and flying whenever he feels like it and not so he has something to talk on the show. So seems like the RCHN podcast is not coming back unless they enjoy the break and want to re-ignite at some point with v3. Might take years, months or might never happen.

So new guys need to emerge. To be honest the FreeFall RC guys are doing a heck of a job. They are not RCHN neither they want to be when both were up they complimented themselves nicely. So maybe a new heli-centric podcast needs to emerge with new guys.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

they said money was never the issue.
offering to pay is not going to change anything.
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 10:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too agree that the show belongs to Dan, Nick, Justin, & Jessie. These guys are the forefathers of the show, Dan being the corner stone. If Dan or any of the others wished to start a V3.0 down the road, we'd all welcome it.

V2.0 was truly something special. I doubt we will ever see a RC podcast surpass the quality, humor, & content that these guys provided.

I'm hopefully optimistic that we'll hear these fellas again, so I'm voting to renew my citizenship!

Flown on Jeti DS-16, Brain2, RCHN #222
MKS Servos, Scorpion Tribunus, MSH P700, Synergy e5s, N5cTT
Dmaxison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kinda surprised buy the details people specify about the potential of an RCHN 3.0 podcast. My idea of the poll was to see if the RCHN brand as a podcast should continue. I personally will and do miss the weekly connection to this niche hobby regardless if I'm flying or not.
Again, just trying to see what the "public" thinks.
CN#139
Old 01-26-2017, 06:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

The poll just asks for a paid v3 not RCHN as a brand. Regardless I think we agree without the original cast there is no RCHN. At least Dan who started it all. It would be cool someone else takes the challenge but it wouldn't be RCHN.
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2017, 04:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I think we agree without the original cast there is no RCHN
I'm not sure that's universally agreed upon. Which is probably the origin of the question.

When the Pope dies, the Catholic Church doesn't close the doors; they get a new Pope.

I think I'd be more interested in finding out whether people would pay to support a similarly formatted podcast (via Patreon subscription) than specifically about the RCHN branding. But the reality is you never know until you try. Folks might say yes and then decide they don't like the cast or content and change their mind. Nonetheless, it's an interesting question. Emotional attachment to Dan, Nick, Justin, Jesse (and that other guy) aside, do people want another chit-chat style weekly helicast? And if so, would they pay for it?
Old 01-27-2017, 07:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

RCHN was a classic. The guys developed an infectious chemistry which made you come back week to week.
I have been following Free Fall RC podcast as well. They are a great group of guy's who's heart is really in the hobby just like the RCHN guy's.

Don't go into their podcast expecting a direct replacement to RCHN. But they are dedicated to the hobby and are working on making the podcast better every time. They had Dan on a couple of episodes ago. This week they have Nick on talking about governors.

Give them a listen and your support.

https://freefallrcpodcast.podbean.com/
MA Whiplash 90E, SAB Goblin 700, Logo Xxtreme 800 and Banshee #25.
REVOLECTRIX Ambassador (save 10% on LiPos anytime at revolectrix.com w/ code EDJOHN18)
eddiscus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2017, 04:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I voted Yes and Yes, but I would agree that although the podcast was great it cannot be duplicated. There is room now for someone else to grow into their own right. If that becomes reality and I have to pay for a subscription I would. But I wouldn't expect it to be the same crew.

That being said, I do encourage people who are looking for an RC podcast to give the Freefall RC guys a listen. I met them at a funfly before knowing about the podcast and am now an avid listener. They are a great group of guys, very down to earth and approachable. I wish them luck!

Also Bert and Bobby have the Smack Talk podcast.

Now back to RCHN, they had a great run, and I bet will be the longest running RC HELI related podcast. But toward the end I could definitely tell their dedication to the show was waning due to other outside influences.

My one and only gripe was that they could have announced it, say a month or so in advance, instead of just laying it out in their final episode. I wonder if their sponsors knew what was coming.

Anyway best of luck to the entire crew, I hope without the pressure of the podcast they get to enjoy the hobby and whatever else they have going on.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayf636 View Post
Now back to RCHN, they had a great run, and I bet will be the longest running RC HELI related podcast. But toward the end I could definitely tell their dedication to the show was waning due to other outside influences.

My one and only gripe was that they could have announced it, say a month or so in advance, instead of just laying it out in their final episode. I wonder if their sponsors knew what was coming.

Anyway best of luck to the entire crew, I hope without the pressure of the podcast they get to enjoy the hobby and whatever else they have going on.
I agree with Jay towards then end it appeared to be more of job than enjoying themselves (I am sure it felt like a job for a while). While I would high 5 these guys all day long for all the hard work they put in I have no idea how they did it. I had trouble finding time throughout the week to listen to their podcast and fly, let alone plan, create and finalize a pod cast. I wish they would have moved to a once a month podcast a while back, perhaps then it might have been more enjoyable. It is sad to see the podcast mostly go away but thanks for all the great podcast they created. I hope to see RCHN podcast from time to time. I hope they guys are finding more time to enjoy the hobby. Thanks RCHN crew!
senzafine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2017, 04:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd gladly throw $10 or so a month towards it. They've cost me FAR more in getting me to switch to iKON and Hobbywing ESC units.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in