Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 07:20 AM   #41 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Thanks Oz!

I wasn't sure if the 3GX would "play nicely" with the X!
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktmheli View Post
Where do you get that mesh to protect your servo cable? I have hunted high and low for it
home depot.....
craymanus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktmheli View Post
Where do you get that mesh to protect your servo cable? I have hunted high and low for it
I got mine from hobbyking:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idCategory=466 (scroll down)
Old 12-28-2011, 04:04 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

what is the process of binding with the standard reciever, does the bind plug go into the 3gx unit like when using satelites?
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Stevin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK i just picked up a tree 550e v2 with the 3gx system and two sattys, i can hook them both up to the 3gx and bind it to my dx7s and not have to buy a receiver correct, if thats the case i did that tonight trying to set it up and bound my 3gx to my dx7s and i get no response from the servos
trex_junkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX DX6I frustration

So I have just finished my 450 pro V2 3GX build and I am trying to connect my dx6i, but when I connect multiple spektrum recievers to it, I get no power to the reciever. What am I doing wrong? I have the black, red and white cable from the "battery out" to the "bat/bind" on the reciever and all other connections are the signal wires from the servo and throttle connections etc. to the two connections on the 3GX. The 3GX has all the actual servo connections made per the manual. I used the bind plug on the 3GX itself. I get power to a satellite if I connect it but the reciever never gets power. What am I doing wrong?
deucestew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

junkie - once you establish the bind (solid lights on the satellites) disconnect the bind plug and disconnect the battery. the reconnect the battery, wait a few seconds, and it should work.
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK sounds like I have to redo my wiring so I can get HH control on the 3gx gyro. What would be the proper setup of wiring using a DX6i with the 3gx and a Spektrum 6200 Rx w/1 sat.
navyjay007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am stunned. I am stunned by how unreasonably COMPLEX the use of this piece of equipment is. And I am not saying that because I consider it child's play; having set up twenty-three of them with no problems. I am saying it as a total novice.

If there were 126 different combinations in existence...okay - it would be difficult for the manufacturer to provide instructions for each & every one of those scenarios. But as I understand it, there are really only a handful of possible scenarios. So I don't understand why the manufacturer does not provide step by step instructions to eliminate all of this hand-wringing and headache.

There are people here on HF that have a solid understanding of this stuff. Alright.

And there are people (like me) who have only a vague idea of what is involved.

If someone from the second group reads a thread like this...WOW. It is almost totally incomprehensible.

And that is not a sleight on those from the first group who are trying to help; your efforts are appreciated.

Neither is it a sleight on those members from another country, who -- in addition to the ridiculous complexity of the electronics -- are also struggling with the English.

But if you take the endless and cryptic abbreviations...
(tx, rx, 3gx, sat., dsmx, bat/bind etc.)
And the sheer prevalence of numbers...
(6200, 7200, ar7000, dx7, dx7s, dx6i, 450, v2, 550 etc.)
And the typo's...
And the spelling errors...
And the missing punctuation...

Taken as a whole, it's hopeless.

Yes - I know - it sounds snotty. I don't mean it that way. I'm not trying to put anybody down - I'm just trying to understand. And I find myself wishing that one of those patient, knowledgeable people like Finless Bob or Cap'n Jac would create a tutorial for us 'regular guys' so that we could have a tiny chance to grasp the incredible complexity of flybarless technology.
Ron~FordTech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

part of the problem is that the technology is changing rapldly...someone could have done a nice video a few months ago about the earlier versions, and it would have suddenly become obsolete with the introduction of version 2. the directions aren't bad and a lot of the questions on this forum wouldn't exist if people read them, or do a search before posting. getting a fbl heli to fly right is not a black art, nor is it the result of witchcraft or dumb luck.

i will say to you folks trying to fly a 3GX with a 6 channel radio...ditch it and buy a dx 7s or higher. a 550 really warrants a higher end radio.

Last edited by koppterx; 04-12-2012 at 07:50 AM..
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's well put.

I should have disclosed that I have not yet received my 3GX unit, and consequently have not yet read through the documentation. But -- based upon the experiences others seem to be having -- it seems awfully...negative. I guess I really haven't a clear notion of the ratio of "satisfied customers" to 'those having problems'. It just seems like a helluva lot of members are struggling, and it makes me feel apprehensive.

I should just bide my time until I have given it a go (with the documentation onhand) and see how I make out.

BTW - is there a place to download the support info that comes on the CD/DVD? Maybe I can get a head start on my self-education!
Ron~FordTech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

i felt the same way all the ? and fuss and how this and that.... but i got mine binded the sat rx to a seperate rx(ar8000) using the dx8 and plugged it into the 3gx and presto it worked set gyro to aux 2 and fm switch, hokked it up to software and also had the manual ready and went through it really slow it took me 5 hrs but i checked and double checked took it out side and was wayyyyyy nervous. spooled up and wow man oh man what a amazing bird i could let go of my cyclic stick for 6-7 sec at a time, landed played with the settings and i'm still playing around, but love the 3gx, just take your time and dont over analize it(i sometimes do that) i would deffinatly recommend a dx8 tx i love it there are good deals as well i got the dx8, telemetry module w/sensors, ar8000, a6210, park rx, 2 sat, for 400 bucks good deal. hope you have good luck as well and if you get into a bind hf's are here to help
kdsguy1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in