Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setup with non linear pitch curve

Hi Guys,

I was doing the initial setup on my microbeast and until menu point K my pitch curve was non linear!!! At menu point K I realized and corrected it before I could get max/min pitch angles. But what about the other menus itens before K?! Should I do all the setup again or I could correct it just in time!? Thank you in advance!!!
Alexandre Najar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Okay, well firstly I would say, if ever in doubt just do it again, the MB set-up is so fast, especially when you have just run through it, you would have no trouble doing it again. However, if we take a closer look, we can see that it almost certainly doesn't matter.

A: Mounting Orientation - No relevance to pitch curves.
B: Swashplate servo frequency - you would want this to be correct whatever, and the pitch curve wouldn't make you change the frequency.
C: Tail servo centre pulse - No relevance to pitch curves.
D: Tail servo frequency - No relevance to pitch curves.
E: Tail servo end points - No relevance to pitch curves.
F: Tail sensor direction of correction - No relevance to pitch curves.
G: Swahsplate centering. Now this one is a little questionable, but I think is not affected by curves for this reason. Initial starting point, reference point is based on a 1520 us pulse as provided by the MB. The centres are then adjusted by selecting using the rudder, and using the elevator stick to adjust. It doesn't care how it gets there, it is adjusting an internal value in the MB, so that say its pulse of 1520 changes to say 1590. At this point it makes a record of this, when you move on and from then on it always goes there, when relevant. So again, I believe not related to pitch curves.
H: Swashplate mixer - We nearly all have red here for 120 degrees, so again, no relevance to pitch.
I: Swahsplate directions. In this case, I guess a really odd curve might make it difficult to see what was going on properly, but it would have to be well odd, reversed or something. A fairly normal curve and you would be able to set this correctly.
J: Here is another tricky ish one, but again almost certainly unaffected by Tx values. The MB starts you out at its corrected centre figures, say 1590, 1570, 1530, or whatever you had from G, and you just change the value until it is at 6 degrees. It won't care where the Tx is at, all it will care about is what value it had to send to the servos to get to 6 degrees, and if that pulse width is acceptable it will tell you by the colour of the light.
K: Back to where you spotted it.

Or, another way to answer it, is no, you'll be fine, but do it again anyway. It never hurts to go over it twice. You've probably done just that whilst waiting for someone to look at your question anyway.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sutty, thanks for the answer and you were absolutly right! I just did it again while waiting for some answer! lol. I did not notice any diference at all!!!!
Alexandre Najar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in