Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

All helicopters whether quad or not have problems it is up to the pilot to maintain them, they all need work it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, so maintain them and fly them. If you can't afford to maintaim them and keep them flight ready don't buy them. I own several blade products the 350QX being one of them and I like there products as well as my align and goblins if one is down I fly another until I can repair the down bird just my 2 cants worth.
dcarboni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarboni View Post
All helicopters whether quad or not have problems it is up to the pilot to maintain them, they all need work it doesn't matter who the manufacturer is, so maintain them and fly them. If you can't afford to maintaim them and keep them flight ready don't buy them. I own several blade products the 350QX being one of them and I like there products as well as my align and goblins if one is down I fly another until I can repair the down bird just my 2 cants worth.
OK u are entitled to your opinion. And i agree. Some people dont have money like that to just have a fleet at there disposal ya know? And props shouldn'tbe failing like this. I ddon't care what anybody says . did they own up? Yes that is why I stand behind them
mike4884 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

agree!!
dcarboni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #44 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
You're asking too much man. That would require at least an 8th grade sentence structure to answer adequately.
Keep up with the insulting comments and you'll find your "right" to post taken from you.

Sometimes you have to accept the answer you're given even if you don't like it.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarboni View Post
While I fully agree with the intent of your post, I disagree in this specific instance. 10 flights shouldn't cause my quad to throw a prop blade, and tumble into the ground.

I'm glad they're making it right by shipping updated props though. I have a large heli with a well documented tail hum across many different revisions of the model, and the only thing that cured it was blades from the competition.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I was considering buying a 350QX and am now attempting to ascertain whether this fix is going to resolve the issue or if it is a stopgap to appease the masses.
Just how are you going to "ascertain" anything by asking questions here? Wouldn't it be best to wait till the new props are actually redesigned, produced, tested, then finally released and user testing can begin? Seems you're putting the cart before the horse. Ah, but lest we forget, you "deserve" an answer.
T-Rex 700 HV DFC w/VBar, Kosmik 200 & KDE700XF - My muscle heli
HFMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4884 View Post
OK u are entitled to your opinion. And i agree. Some people dont have money like that to just have a fleet at there disposal ya know? And props shouldn'tbe failing like this. I ddon't care what anybody says . did they own up? Yes that is why I stand behind them
I guess the attitude depends on whether one's 350 QX is flying or resting in pieces beyond repair.
kakoskin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeltim View Post
Heck, I just wanna print 4 on my 3d printer....
Which printer you got? Running mendel still. Making a phone mount for my 350
mabe01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want a machined aluminum hub that utilizes the two screws and provides me a traditional prop shaft. Or just wait on MicroHeli to make some carbon filled props.
jasonmbiggs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmbiggs View Post
I want a machined aluminum hub that utilizes the two screws and provides me a traditional prop shaft. Or just wait on MicroHeli to make some carbon filled props.
This will likely be available pretty soon - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post26245505
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New props already out?

I think the new "B" props may already be in circulation. I say this because when I called HH yesterday regarding the prop recall to ask them if they would replace ALL the 350QX props I had including the two spare sets just delivered which were ordered days earlier from Gonitro hobbies. They asked me to look at the new props and see if there was a "B" on the top of the blades, there wasn't but why would they ask if mine were "B" blades unless some have already been distributed?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toypilot View Post
I think the new "B" props may already be in circulation. I say this because when I called HH yesterday regarding the prop recall to ask them if they would replace ALL the 350QX props I had including the two spare sets just delivered which were ordered days earlier from Gonitro hobbies. They asked me to look at the new props and see if there was a "B" on the top of the blades, there wasn't but why would they ask if mine were "B" blades unless some have already been distributed?
If they are, it really makes me wonder if they knew there could be an issue with the 'A' blades and already had the 'B' blades ready to go, just in case.
rminder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

What did they tell you about your spares?
niteclicks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What HH said.

They said they would replace all four sets of my blades. The heli came with a set mounted, a complete set of spares and then I bought two extra complete sets. That's 16 propellers, 8 red & 8 grey. None of mine have broken yet but one of my back grey ones looks like a crack is starting on the bottom near the hub. I only have 5 flights on the one that is weakening/cracking. Yesterday they said just fill out the form for how many sets you have and discard all my old and/or unused blades and they will send me all new ones. They also said that it is my fault if I fly and one of the old props break now that I am getting replacements.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, that's what I thought they may do.
niteclicks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your product support HH.

My unit was purchased from USA and shipped to me in Australia prior to our release (supply) date but I have submitted the form all the same and I will just have to see how it pans out.

I am being vigilant about the condition of my props but continuing to fly. I'm also lucky enough to have a field nearby with rather long grass to fly over as a secondary security blanket.

There is enough documentation about the failures and I'm pretty sure by now EVERY person who purchased the product already is aware of the likelihood of failure. If people are really worried about their birds falling out of the sky just conjure up some patience and don't put it in harms way in the meantime.

I would probably be close to the mark in assuming a lot of people are purchasing this as their first flying machine and aren't used to the maintenance or attention that is sometimes needed to keep them going safely and flawlessly so I was expecting to see things like this because despite being easy enough for a 4 year old to fly ( and heck, my mum who is in her 60's flew mine around and back with ZERO experience after she commented on how fun it looked to play with ) if you treat them like a kids toy you are bound to have it go wrong eventually.
Adsport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just heard B props have been received by first users, tehota has posted pics on this rcgroups postpost and commented "B props are a lot less shiny in the smooth mold marks...bet this means less brittle due to a composition change"

His pictures are on flickr link below showing old and new props (copied below just for ease of viewing)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1039266...57636128423344

Amazing job for HH getting these out so quickly.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aprop.jpg (27.5 KB, 584 views)
File Type: jpg Bprop.jpg (50.8 KB, 588 views)

Last edited by jamesb72; 10-03-2013 at 06:29 AM..
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

James, I was just reading this too

The poster also made comment that the thought that there may have been a material change too

I can't help but think that this looks like they have taken a dremmel to the the mould, the extra webs aren't equal or smooth

Hopefully there will be more refinements after this initial release
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toys2cars2toys View Post
The poster also made comment that the thought that there may have been a material change too

I can't help but think that this looks like they have taken a dremmel to the the mould, the extra webs aren't equal or smooth
Just found the rcgroups post, so have edited my thread above to link to original thread/pics - I wasn't trying to steal anyones thunder !

The moulding does look rough, but they never looked great to start with, I'm sure mould has just been modified certainly looks like hand done - given how quickly these have been produced/shipped, I guess they had to do that, presumably if there are no problems they will rework the mould when they have more time.
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry James I should have been clear, I meant I was reading a post on RCG by "Tehota", it's good that you have posted the pics here

Here's the rest of his pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1039266...57636128423344

and the post where he says...
"B props are a lot less shiny in the smooth mold marks...bet this means less brittle due to a composition change."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3906

Edit: Doh - cross posting
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in