Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need Tail Servo Advice

I'm in the process of getting my T-Rex 450S in the air and have a quick question.
I have 4 Hobby CityHXT-900's and a Telebee gyro that came with the kit I bought.
I've heard plenty of good things about the HXT-900's but this will be my first time using them, I normally stick with Futaba servos on my airplanes.
I plan on someday upgrading to a GY401 and a 9650.
For the time being, can someone recommend a decent tail servo or should I just roll with the HXT-900 for now?
What exactly are my options as far as tail servos go?

Thanks a lot!

Justin
JDMjdawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The specs for the 9257 are your standard these days...the 9650 has way too much torque but not enough speed.....

There are some faster newer options yet compared to the 9257....like the hitec 5084/5083 for example.

The torque should be at least equal to what the 9257 has....and faster is better when it comes to tail servo performance because for the gyro to work well the tail servo needs to be able to respond quickly.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Check post #13 in this thread:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=122825

This freak uses a HS-56 on the tail...........watch his videos and you'll see how well it performs. At $25, makes me wonder why I spent so much for a HSG-5083MG.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the S3114 is pretty fast and cheap 14.99. I have run them before and they work fine, but they tend to burn out after awhile.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 9650 is a fine tail servo! I've had one on my 450 since the beginning and don't plan on changing it....it was the standard for quite a while.

Skarn
Skarn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all of the info guys!

I think I'll just stick with my HXT-900 for now, at least until I decide to pony up the cash for a Futaba 9XXX and 401.
It looks like the HXT-900 and the Hitec HS-56 have similar specs, besides the karbonite gears and ball bearings of course.
I guess if the HXT-900 doesn't work too well, I can swap it with a Futaba S3114 since I have a couple of those on a park foamie(F-22).

Thanks again guys
JDMjdawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in