Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 01:19 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I've got a Futaba 8fg Tx and after reading some old post on the heli jive I came across one that mentioning that hover trim in the Tx screwing up how the helijive works.

I then checked mine through the throttle menu (via throttle curve menu) & the throttle trim was indeed active so I inhibited it & presto, the helijive now doesn't arm when the throttle end point is turned down to 30% as it was doing before.

It arms at about 81% & most importantly it doesnt spool up as soon as I come out of hold with the throttle in the low position as it was doing before
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jive 100 LV - I'm stumped. Help!!

Hey all,

Just bought a Jive 100 LV for my Logo. I followed all the directions including the ones in this thread: Linear throttle curve, 100% throttle end points, Mode 1, Mode 4, and Mode 9. All of this seems simple enough and everything seems normal up to this point.

After I finished my set up above and spool up the heli, the motor appears to increasingly go to full throttle even though my stick is only at 5% throttle. I tried reversing my throttle but that did not help. Any assistance would be appreciated.

One more thing, I noticed that on my transmitter (DX7s) that my low stick and high stick position is at 98% (on the monitor) instead of 100% even though i set end points at 100%. Not sure if this has anything to do with it going full throttle??
ManilaIce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to set your end points with the unit. It will be 82/82. It always is that. The only thing is I'm not sure if you need the jumper in or out when you set the end points. I cannot remember.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2evl View Post
You need to set your end points with the unit. It will be 82/82. It always is that. The only thing is I'm not sure if you need the jumper in or out when you set the end points. I cannot remember.
This is not needed. The unit senses your end point during programming referencing the following post. Calibrating end points only makes it harder to setup the govenor due to confusion of the scales.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=480502
Old 01-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well how do you overcome giving it collective and it doesn't respond immediately?
Old 01-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2evl View Post
Well how do you overcome giving it collective and it doesn't respond immediately?
You use a flat throttle curve.
Kendo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let me make sure I understand this correctly.I should right now, go into my controller and change my end points from 82/82 back to 100/100 and set my TC between 60-65% for best results?
Old 01-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes that's correct. Will be within the correct governed range for best headroom and performance.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look here, a very old LogView output from JLog1: Pay attention to PWM in relation to Throttle. The battery voltage drops over time, the ESC needs to more "open itself" (PWM).
Now load change comes on top. Therefore we need sufficient headroom in PWM so the governor can do his job.

Btw: A little bit of additional headroom comes from the variable timing too. Less if KSA is enabled.

The recommended maximum value for throttle depends somewhat on the internal resistance of the battery and of course the flying style. In general, 58% to at most 65% for a JIVE.
The "uplift" throttle-PWM is a bit higher with a H/JIVE compared to a "normal" JIVE.

Find here some more graphs. The text is still German,... am a lazy boy..
Old 01-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default kontronik esc

hi all ... I'm new in using kantronik ESC .. exactly what purpose mode1, 2, 3 .....
SA NOW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

the modes correspond to what the Jive will be used for. for each mode they have a description of the presets involved for each. Mode 1 is always programmed first when changing mods or upon first use. So for example on a HeliJive govenor mode on a heli you would program mode 1 then mode 4 and then set your flat curves in your radio and you are done.

PM me if you need more help!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8 and HeliJive 120 Setup

I am still confused about how to get the motor RPM to change in my 3 flight modes. I have a Goblin 700 with the HeliJive 120 HV ESC and a Spektrum DX8 TX. Right now changing the flight mode switch (Normal, Idle Up 1, and Idle Up 2) has no effect on motor RPM/head speed. The end result I want is say max 60% RPM in Normal, 70% in Idle Up 1, and 90% in Idle Up 2. With my other helis (no governor) I easily accomplish this by setting the Throttle Curves for each flight mode.

What ESC and DX8 setup is required? Note someone else initialy setup the ESC for me (said they did the quickstart thing, assuming they set it to Heli Mode 4 but not sure). This is my first use of a governor. In the DX8 Governor screen, "Ch" is set to Aux 2 (that is where the ESC is plugged into my BeastX receiver). "Sw" is set to F Mode. Is this correct? If so, what values do I put for the 3 flight modes on this screen? I was told with this ESC given there is a governor that the setting in the Throttle Curves screen on the DX8 have no effect (unless the gov. fails then they are a backup). True?

And what specifcally do I need to do if anything with the ESC?

All help much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Kevin
Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kontronik Jive ESC Mode & Governor Setup

I'm not using the gov function in my tx. I simply use throttle curves. If it really is in mode4, the headspeed is allways governed.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. But by "governed" do you mean always one flat speed? Or will the throttle curves affect the speeds (for each flight mode)? That is what I really want. I will go spool it up with Governor on the DX8 set back to Inihibit (like my other helis).
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the throttle curve does affect the headspeed.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just tried it with Governor set to F Mode (with various percentages set in that screen per flight mode) then Inhibit. No change with either setup. And I have throttle curves set in the DX8 (linear from 0 - 100% in Normal, flat 70% in Idle Up 1, and 90% in Idle Up 2). I think I need to reprogram the ESC and start over. Unless someone else has other ideas.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just found a mistake. My ESC is plugged correctly into Thro on my BeastX. My separate receiver batter (via a switch) is plugged into Aux3. There is nothing plugged into Aux2. So...on the DX8 in the Governor scree, what should "Ch" be set to? My only choices are Aux2 and Aux3.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not familiar with the microbeast, but don't you need to plug the esc into the rx itself?

Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the ESC is plugged into the "Thro" (Throttle) slot on the AR7200 BeastX (this is the combo gyro/receiver...not a separate receiver).
Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

And note the heli flies great. Just cannot figure out how to affect the RPM in the three flight modes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in