Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Updates

Have there been any recent updates to Phoenix? I am set up to check on startup but have not seen any in months. It it just the case or am I missing something here?
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got 2 in last 2 days..... but I am on version 4. If you are still on version 3 then no.. no more updates since Phoenix has moved on.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want to participate in the BETA testing go to the Poenix website and download the update, then when you open the Sim it will continue to update the software. The BETA version is worth it and I find it alot smoother but that depends on your hardware, I really like it. Not sure when the final release will be but they can't be far off.
markleyland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
I got 2 in last 2 days..... but I am on version 4. If you are still on version 3 then no.. no more updates since Phoenix has moved on.
That might explain why mine is stuck in a loop while trying to update between P-R. I will have to check out V4 next, thanks. I didnt even know there was a V4 out there. Will that one have all the latest models?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well poop. I just updated to V4 via on line. Now it complains about video card not being addiquete enough? WTF? it was fine with V3, but V4? What kind of super advanced update is V4 that it does not like the current video card?
Old 03-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varc View Post
Well poop. I just updated to V4 via on line. Now it complains about video card not being addiquete enough? WTF? it was fine with V3, but V4? What kind of super advanced update is V4 that it does not like the current video card?
Just a pure guess on my part but it might be because of the new what they call 3D sites as I would suspect they might require more card capabilities then previous versions?

Just wondering, is this statement not allowing you to install the update or is it just letting you know this, but doing the update anyway?
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe it has already done the update and installation cause I cant even use V3. When I try to start the program, that is when I get the error message and the program wants to close.
It is an old Acer computer that Im running on. Basically the same size and almost shape of an Xbox.
V3 was perfect, V4 wont even start. I just wanted V4 because I wanted all the most up todate models on it.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
I believe it has already done the update and installation cause I cant even use V3. When I try to start the program, that is when I get the error message and the program wants to close.
It is an old Acer computer that Im running on. Basically the same size and almost shape of an Xbox.
V3 was perfect, V4 wont even start. I just wanted V4 because I wanted all the most up todate models on it.
To the best of my knowledge, V4 has no more "models" then what ever was there for the last version of 3.

How they fly might be diff and the old ones have some new things to them for adjustments, but I don't think PRC has technically put out any "new" models for some time now as the have been working on this update.

As mentioned before, the have some new 3D fields (3) which are indeed new places but are mostly designed so that you can use the first person modes and fly endlessly in the same or any direction.

Note, you can't use the first person mode in the other/old 2D fields.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So which version do I need to fly the latest models? I keep reading that the MCPX is in there, but mine does not have it.
I am probably going to re-install V3 and forget about V4 as my computer is not new enough to support V4. So, other than newer models, there aint much need for V4, so will have to find all models in V3.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got the MCP X in mine.

When you get 3.0 re-installed, go to System

click on Check for Updates and update to 3.0.s

Should do it for ya.
Utah Flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

With my recent problem with V4, I uninstalled Pheonix and reinstalled V3. I noticed it looked different than previously before V4 update. It sais it is now VI.04i. I seemed to have lost my Airwolf model! But still have Bell 222 that cant be selected, and I have a list of new Eflite helicopters I did not have before. Such as 120Sr, 4503D, and MCPX. They are all listed, but there is no image and I can not select it. Its just listed, but not there?
I also noticed there did not seem to be anywhere, where I can check for updates.
Now what do I do? I want to fly everything that is available!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
With my recent problem with V4, I uninstalled Pheonix and reinstalled V3. I noticed it looked different than previously before V4 update. It sais it is now VI.04i. I seemed to have lost my Airwolf model! But still have Bell 222 that cant be selected, and I have a list of new Eflite helicopters I did not have before. Such as 120Sr, 4503D, and MCPX. They are all listed, but there is no image and I can not select it. Its just listed, but not there?
I also noticed there did not seem to be anywhere, where I can check for updates.
Now what do I do? I want to fly everything that is available!
Wow that does sound weird. All in all a lot of your problems have been sounding kinda weird but let see what we can do.

For one and just to check, when you say Vl.04i, is that 1.04i?

Next and its just a thought but I wonder if you are getting rid of the old program fully.

If you are using windows, you should have a main program folder named PhoenixRC in the Program Files folder, and one with the same name in your My Documents folder.

I'm pretty sure the one in My Documents holds all the custom stuff so if you had something special like a custom painted craft, it would be there. In other words, if that was taken out by the old version, anything like that would be gone now.

Then maybe somehow there were some of the previous updates there that were left from the uninstall, that somehow are showing in your menu. But if it is version 1.04i, they may not work as that version is not new enough?

I don't know if any of that is right, just speculating on possibilities.

Basically I would do a complete uninstall again but before that, save any custom (if you still have them) crafts for that My Documents folder (actually just save the whole folder if you like) by copy and pasting it in some other place.

Then after the uninstall, check to see if anything of those two folders are still there and if so, delete them if you think that would be OK, or cut and save them someplace else.

Then install the program again fresh from the disk and then manually use the programs checking for updates to then download and install what ever it tells you is available.

Then after if you had saved something custom, put it back where you found it.

Don't know for sure if all of that is stuff you can do or will work as I really don't know what you have, but lets start with me giving you this info.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

V4 does not work with the graphics card and drivers I currently have in the old Acer computer.
Install disc does not say V3, and version appears to be V1.
I don't know where V3 is and don't know why V1 was in it's box. So, downloading V3 as mentioned in another thread.
I won't know what will happen till probably late this evening or tomorrow when V3 is finished downloading and reinstalled.
Hopefully, V3 will find the new helicopters.
I have not had anything custom in there. The Airwolf was already in V3 which was one reason why I wanted it in the first place.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
V4 does not work with the graphics card and drivers I currently have in the old Acer computer.
Install disc does not say V3, and version appears to be V1.
I don't know where V3 is and don't know why V1 was in it's box. So, downloading V3 as mentioned in another thread.
I won't know what will happen till probably late this evening or tomorrow when V3 is finished downloading and reinstalled.
Hopefully, V3 will find the new helicopters.
I have not had anything custom in there. The Airwolf was already in V3 which was one reason why I wanted it in the first place.
Yeah sorry bout V4 not working. Am glad you were able to get the V3 update though, but sounds like a really long time for the download. That sux

Also sounds like your disk V1. Don't know if ou just got that recently but if you did, its pretty old. Btw just to mention, my disk is that old too, just been doing all the updates.

But yeah, try that complete unistall I was talking about and make sure those folders I mentioned were gone.

Might want to do a disk search if you could for PhoenixRC to be sure there isn't anything else left.

Do the install of the program from your disk, then do the update you have gotten.

Btw be sure you are getting the Update from any version to 3.0 and not the 2.5 to 3.0 only update.

Then after if all that works out, go and check for any and all updates manually and let it download and install everything.

Personally I might try just going for the lasted program update first, then check to make sure everything is working right again, then get the newer crafts and fields.

Let me know how all that works.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, V1 is old, but we got V3 when it came out. I have the box, just don't know where it's disk went. So, stuck with downloading it.
I did the uninstall and assumed it removed everything that went with it. I'm not familiar with Vista and don't know where to look for all the bits of the program.
We'll see what happens tomorrow when V3 is re-installed.

Interesting thing though. When I was on V3, it did not show MCPX at all. When I reinstalled V1, that's when it showed it. So, I'm wondering if reinstalling V1, found the updates that I was trying to download/install for V3 a while back. But, since it's V1, it wasn't letting me use the newer models.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Interesting thing though. When I was on V3, it did not show MCPX at all. When I reinstalled V1, that's when it showed it. So, I'm wondering if reinstalling V1, found the updates that I was trying to download/install for V3 a while back. But, since it's V1, it wasn't letting me use the newer models.
Yeah, that is kinda what I was thinking too although it all sounds pretty weird, but with Vista, anything is possible.

But getting back to things, its been a awfully long time since I've seen a Vista folder structure. But on your root C drive you should have a folder called Program Files and the main PhoenixRC folder should be there.

Next on that same root drive you should have a folder called Documents and Settings and in there might be several folders named things like Administrator or All users, or hopefully one by a name that is the one that your machine runs from.

Anyway, check through them all and see if you can find a folder in each called My Documents and then look through those and see if you can find one named the same as the other one I mentioned call PhoenixRC as well.

Again find those before the uninstall so you know where they are, and then try using the disk searching system for any others with the same name.

If you do find any more make a note of them too and then after the uninstall, go and make sure they are all gone then try all the reinstall stuff we talked about and let me know how you make out.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I uninstalled V1, and downloaded Any V3 mode. Installed it, and it is now updating, AND loading all models. So, hopefully when this is done, I will have all the birdies flapping their wings.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Great!

Did you end up finding those folders and or any extra ones after the uninstall?

Did you give V3 a try and look around for anything weird before you started to downloads?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got V3 working and found all the new models and fields. I got the MCPX, and Gauis quad. However, I still can not find the 120Sr.
I'm really enjoy fling the MCPX and I dont find it all that different from the real one.
Now my trick is using the Airwolf model, and creating my own micro-sized bird. The scale wizard still does not allow me any lift from my shrunken model. I get throttle, but it just spins its rotor blades.
I would really like somebody to help me set up the perfect MCPX-Airwolf model that I can download and install. The Airwolf is one of my favorites, and the MCPX is one of my favorites, so would like to combine the two in Pheonix.
I noticed one thing though, when selecting the flybar to flybarless, I notice that they still show the flybar. So, whats the point?
Anyway, if somebody could figure out the scale thing and create a micro-sized Airwolf, Id appreciate it vey much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in