Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, got my new Leopard motor yesterday. Shipping time was great. Ordered it on Wednesday, received it yesterday. Considering the holiday I thought that was pretty good. Installed the motor today and it is a perfect fit. Alomst exactly the same size. The motor runs very smooth and has good power. I'm very happy with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 12:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kla912000 View Post
Well, got my new Leopard motor yesterday. Shipping time was great. Ordered it on Wednesday, received it yesterday. Considering the holiday I thought that was pretty good. Installed the motor today and it is a perfect fit. Alomst exactly the same size. The motor runs very smooth and has good power. I'm very happy with it.
Sweeeeeeeet!!!!! ok where's the video?? I gotta store away the info on that motor!....think I am going to give the belt tail another go. When I first did it the heli was smooth as silk, but I had a little mishap with it, and never could get the belt to stay on after that, thing would slip off the top of the gear for some reason...then I just gave up and put it back to the motor.....but man before that it was a really sweet flier!!
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2015, 12:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST EDDY View Post
Ok First Question
Are you talking about the Rollers YOU installed inside the Body of the SR to guide the belt?
Or are you talking about the Roller in the Back of the tail Block?

The body fix is simple Drill Straight Holes!!!

The Tail Block is Easier than you think IF you get out side the Box a little tiny bit.
Proportionately The tail Block has to sit on a even plain with the gear, (Think Straight Line)! By Extending the line from the Gear itself Out the Back of the Helo. It will Bisect the tail Box Gear on the shaft!!!!

All we Have to do is Adjust the Angle of the way it sits in the HOLDER.
We sand it to HIT the BLOCK the way we wish; The angel is easier to get than you Think.
It is Simple ____________________________________________
======= |____________________________________________o

Do the Equal Signs(Gear) align with the letter o?? (Shaft of tail Gear)
Is the Vertical Line (end of shaft) been sanded to Make that Happen?

Let me know

ED
Hey Ed, yeah at first it was right on, held up nice, then my little blade clip changed that.....but to make that a more efficient operating set up, I believe a lip on the top of the main drive gear would be helpful.
I am thinking very seriously about tackling it again maybe this fall or winter....that was really nice when it did work correctly to have that belt tail on there....I might even find me another Spartan Quark and stick on that one...that thing would be a lock rock solid flier then with that Gyro on it!
500 Pro DFC
Old 07-19-2015, 06:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry everyone, been out of town working for the last couple weeks.

Forgot to tell that this motor is a little longer than the stock motor so u have to relocate the ESC so it will fit. Also have to change the pinion gear cause the shaft diameter is a little bigger than stock. So, all in all, I guess it really ISN'T an exact fit. Close but not exact.

Sorry for taking so long to post the results but I just got home yesterday and was playing around with the SR this morning.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry everyone, been out of town working for the last couple weeks.

Forgot to tell that this motor is a little longer than the stock motor so u have to relocate the ESC so it will fit. Also have to change the pinion gear cause the shaft diameter is a little bigger than stock. So, all in all, I guess it really ISN'T an exact fit. Close but not exact.

Sorry for taking so long to post the results but I just got home yesterday and was playing around with the SR this morning.
That is no excuse! We have been waiting and waiting! Lol
Hey no biggy, we all do have to pay the bills...;-)
Ah, so new pinion, and move the ESC huh?
Other than that bolts up to stock mount?
How are you liking it? Seem like any more power?
500 Pro DFC
Old 07-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain06 View Post
That is no excuse! We have been waiting and waiting! Lol
Hey no biggy, we all do have to pay the bills...;-)
Ah, so new pinion, and move the ESC huh?
Other than that bolts up to stock mount?
How are you liking it? Seem like any more power?
Bolts to the stock mount just fine. There are 2 different sets of holes on the motor to mount with. I used the set that is closer together and it was perfect.

The motor runs smooth and has good lower. Seems to be a little stronger than stock. I'm pretty happy with it. I just relocated the ESC underneath the frame in the same spot so it doesn't throw off the weight balance. Works just fine.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good deal! Can't beat the price either!
500 Pro DFC
Old 07-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Good deal! Can't beat the price either!
Yep. The price was right.

I just read my previous post. I hate that damn spell check. Makes u seem like an idiot sometimes.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yep. The price was right.

I just read my previous post. I hate that damn spell check. Makes u seem like an idiot sometimes.
I do too, pisses me off, type out some long thing, post it and go back and see 50 errors....:-(
Oh little off topic, I see you have one of those V911's, how do you like it?
Reason I ask is another guy was asking me about them...
500 Pro DFC
Old 07-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I do too, pisses me off, type out some long thing, post it and go back and see 50 errors....:-(
Oh little off topic, I see you have one of those V911's, how do you like it?
Reason I ask is another guy was asking me about them...
On the V911 as long as u adjust the servo links so the swash is level I can fly it with my eyes closed. The controls are touchy but the heli itself is very stable. Excellent biginner FP heli.

I bought one for my brother, who has never flown a RC heli before at all and he was able to hover it within the first ten minutes. With a little guidance, of course, but even so it was his first time and he was able to hover it.

I would definitely recommend it for a first heli. They are very inexpensive too. I think I got his off of eBay rtf for around $49.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
On the V911 as long as u adjust the servo links so the swash is level I can fly it with my eyes closed. The controls are touchy but the heli itself is very stable. Excellent biginner FP heli.

I bought one for my brother, who has never flown a RC heli before at all and he was able to hover it within the first ten minutes. With a little guidance, of course, but even so it was his first time and he was able to hover it.

I would definitely recommend it for a first heli. They are very inexpensive too. I think I got his off of eBay rtf for around $49.
Ok great!! Thank you sir I'll relay the info!
I'm going to try this Friday to get some air with a few of my heli's including the SR, it's been in the 100's here bout every day though and depending on the winds also....I have not been able to fly anything but my little V120D02 in a while now....:-( figure even if wind is down I'll need to get out early or late in the evening, might be too hot if it gets close to 100 to fly.
500 Pro DFC
Old 07-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok great!! Thank you sir I'll relay the info!
I'm going to try this Friday to get some air with a few of my heli's including the SR, it's been in the 100's here bout every day though and depending on the winds also....I have not been able to fly anything but my little V120D02 in a while now....:-( figure even if wind is down I'll need to get out early or late in the evening, might be too hot if it gets close to 100 to fly.
Yeah, 100 is definitely too hot. I always fly either in the morning around 7 or 8 or after 8pm in the evening. For me, the bright sun during the day makes it hard to see the heli.

Well, good luck flying and hope all goes well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in