Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2016, 03:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had thought to mention esc throttle calibration in my last post but as you mentioned it working before and then stopping thought you may have done this.

That said Google castle throttle calibration.

In gpro you configure your max and min endpoints to calibrate your transmitter. But you still have to calibrate your max and min endpoints with castle seperately. They are not the same. There are instructions on the web and even you tube videos.
Synergy E7se - MSH Brain / CC Edge 120HV
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2016, 09:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It did work with the old settings - first flight Saturday no problen talon and bound - but went to field and it had lost binding and the Talon 90 setting seemed not to work, although I had not touched them since December last year..

So I think it will fly fine now but it only has one Sat lighting up after binding.... Both light /flash on binding but its always the same one who beats the other to the bind-then gives up ? Strange...
thanks
al
alistair watt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried swapping sat connections around, what happens same sat giving up. Then sat issue. If the other sat gives up. Then it might be something to do with gpro.

Also are they genuine sats? I've read ppl having issues with non genuine.

Just my thoughts.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Nab
Many thanks again for your interest and help.
I managed to get the system up and running so its now ready for a test flight with one sat on... I had tried swapping sats etc and then took another remote receiver from another aircraft to test on the Gpro as second remote... They bound first time, ,both of them so it appears the other new remote must of burned out... So was it the Gpro that did it or just a fault on the remote which I believe to be genuine it was purchased as that..
So I hope Horizon Hobbies UK which has an outstanding service reputation will have a look at it.I have just ordered another new remote SAT

So at long last when it arrives the 550 should get airborne it been a long 4 months.. I built it during Christmas vacation and its been a nightmare re set up and faults... If weather flyable at weekend will post to say how it is.
al
Old 04-05-2016, 03:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very unlikely that the gpro caused your sat damage.

Looking forward to the update
Old 04-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gpro mmmmmmm? TAIL wobble
Second replacement Gpro all set up on beginners setting ..

Before flight:
I decided to replace main shaft and rebuild tail holder bearings = re grease, put new feathering spindle in and greased new bearings...

Went in garden to give it a hover...
Tail wobble as before. so decided to step down rudder gain in Gpro software in + - 5 steps from 80 beginner setting to 85= worse....

went minus eventually settling on 40.. better just slow wobble so set at 44
It is a windy day its not great but heli just passable..

Being now an expert in Gpro I hate to give up on it but really is it worth continuing I just don't know.. Can't be mechanical its never worked remote SAT blew the other week..It cost me a new set of blades in it unexpected dance or horror the other month....So !
GPRO mmmmm ?

Last edited by alistair watt; 04-09-2016 at 11:08 AM..
Old 04-10-2016, 06:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Am I missing something in my set up re gyro gain. .?
On my spectrum tx dx7 se I have gear switch for gyro gain. But at moment down does nothing.
Up actions the gyro gain software in the GPro which is set at 44 to try and eliminate this tail wobble. Is that correct or should I be setting GPro gain in tx or in software.. It's on beginners setting other than taking down the software in gain from 80 to 44
Al
It's obvious I should seek help at my club but nobody went for a GPro
Old 04-10-2016, 04:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to eliminate all factors.
If you believe your mechanical setup is not the issue then the right thing to do is set all your gpro parameters settings to default.

Some tips

From a tail perspective that means tail gain of 80 in gpro (this shouldnt change) and p gain to 80 and I gain to 60.

This should work out of the box generally okay and only need some tail tweaking to suit your flying style tail holding, tail stops, piro Rate etc.

Once set as default you want to use your transmitter for overall gain adjustments before you start playing round with p and I gain. I've never had to go higher than 80 For p and lower than 60 for i gain.

Make one change at a time to establish the effect of the change.

Im not sure what your tail wag looks like but fast wag is overall and p gain related. Slow wag is I gain.

If you find that reducing your gains does not remove
The tail wag then no other way to say this but your mechanical setup is not what you believe it is

I don't want to lead you down a path of misery. If worst comes to worst swap the gpro out for a loan alternative gyro and see WHT happens.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nab
Thanks again for help.
The GPro is set to beginners 80 on rudder I and p as per factory setting I.e as you describe

I even contacted Alugn China but they suggested the obvious.
My last resort today was to order new tail gears and tail hub in case there is a bend in shaft..,but took it off tonight and it seemed perfect. Only leaves motor or servo on tail China thought gears might be faulty but it seems fine as far as I can tell..
So what I intend is to replace tail gears and put new hub on.. If this does not work will try and see if I can get somebody at the club to give it a look over and test..,nobody had GPro.
Failing that it looks like another different flybar unit.. I just don't want to give up on the G pro... It's not the money it's just cant think it really is the GPro

I have built several heli s with less experience than today and all are flying even my beloved old Pantwra 50 seven or so years later
Thanks again will let you know
Al
Old 04-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also check torque tube is true and straight and bearing on tt is not loose and positioned as per instructions. Not centered.

Roll the torque tube on a glass bench and make sure when looking at it side on no light gets through as you roll it.

Also check before taking out torque tube that as you spin the blade holder grips the torque tube spins close to true along its axis.

Most of the time vibs are due to slight torque tube bends related. Even if it's new, sometimes slight bends may occur due to the way we handle the tube.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:23 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Nab
Checked that two days ago thats fine.Spins free... I put the bearing in correctly so I know its fine and not loose..
All I can think of is vibration and sensitive Gpro
Changing tail gear tonight and tail hub as last resort will again check bearings in and out before loc tight
But thanks again
al
Old 04-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guy, put two piece of 3M adhesive, and put a piece of the aluminum flat between a two piece of 3M, make a Sandwich.
rufera is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2016, 03:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will try that idea at weekend as weather for flying is poor.. I replaced tail hub and tail gear. Took it for quick flight hovering only in garden. Seems more stable, enough I think, that I might be able to dial the slight oscillation out on the software. Plus the sandwich idea it may be at line last passable. If not then. Its a new flybarless unit...

The old gears. When I say old tail gears and hub are hardly used and show no bend or wear that I can tell. But annoyed that I have had a big expense, 4 months and lots of headaches to get this 550 to fly.. Al
Old 04-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rufera
Tried your idea of sandwich base on G pro plus with the new tail gears and hub and in the garden at least on hover it's pretty stable in a gusty wind.. Took gain down from 80 to 79 and may drop it more once I check it at the club in forward flight... It's been a very long frustrating 4 months and I was tempted to ditch the G pro many times but I am not one to give up. Plus I did not fancy swatting up on other software to get a new flybarless unit flying..,
Still can not see any problem with previous gear set., it looks like to me G pros are massively sensitive to vibration...
Thank you all for your kind suggestions and help, appreciate it very much guys
Al
Old 04-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

On a windy club site today gave 550 and GPro a test flight. Changed rudder gain from 80 to 78 and it seemed very stable. Can't see anything wrong with old parts. It's been a long journey with GPro. Will retest on a calmer day but thank you all for help and advice much appreciated
Al
al watt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in