Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I've run my motor for over 125 flights without issues.

The bearings must be lubricated every 20 flights or so, depending on many factors. Humidity, temperature, how hard you fly them, how long you fly them, if you fly back to back batteries without letting it cool down in hot days, if you crash, blade strikes, etc.

I don't think the motor has a flaw. The way people use them is usually what kills the bearings and or motor.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
I've run my motor for over 125 flights without issues.

The bearings must be lubricated every 20 flights or so, depending on many factors. Humidity, temperature, how hard you fly them, how long you fly them, if you fly back to back batteries without letting it cool down in hot days, if you crash, blade strikes, etc.

I don't think the motor has a flaw. The way people use them is usually what kills the bearings and or motor.
I think it has a lot to do with the luck of the draw. I do that between so-so bearings and a soft shaft this motor is problem prone. I have several RC trucks and the bearings and shaft never did what this motor does. And they go through a lot crap.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntanaS View Post
I have several RC trucks and the bearings and shaft never did what this motor does. And they go through a lot crap.
That's a whole different world (I have several RC trucks, cars, etc). The motors in on/off-road vehicules are not running at 80%+ for the whole battery. they accelerate and brake a lot, which puts strain on magnets from heat, the motor winding itself more than it does to the bearings / shaft.

If the motor was really flawed, we'd see way more issues than we've seen so far. Out of the very large pool of HF users that have B450 3D, Not everyone has complained that the motor has gone bad.

As I said before, there's many many factors to take into consideration.

Quote:
Humidity, temperature, how hard you fly them, how long you fly them, if you fly back to back batteries without letting it cool down in hot days, if you crash, blade strikes, etc.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

That may be true; or a lot more heli pilots are having the problem but not posting. Just figured that's the cost of flying a Blade 450 3d. I'm on my 3rd 440H since Christmas 2010. All I do is sport flying. I've talked to HH and they have one of my 440H motors now. The shaft are wearing out and the bearing blowing up. Anyway that's my $.02 worth...
kerusso924 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep count me in on the bad motor,no 3d flying but I have run back to back batts alot but not every time.
D.LYON is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

I wonder if allot of people are running their motors to slowly, the motors run cooler and hotter at different power levels I have read. I'm still on my original 420 and it runs cool as ice at 90 to 100 percent throttle. I have only changed my bearings once, and the shaft is fine. I just bought a align mx450 3400kv that I will be installing soon just to play around with more power.
No complaints with the 420, I will be selling it soon in the classified section when I install the mx450 if anyone is looking for a good motor cheap.
jackate11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bearing, failure, motor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in