Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry Genius Cp problems

I just bought a Genius CP. I hooked it up to a Devo 7 controller. I am having many issues with it. Once i got it i charged the battery and set my controller to its setup according to manual. Once the batterys were charged up i tried to fly it, it would not take off no matter what switches i flipped all, it did was sit there, with the blades spinning with no power to lift up. I fiddled with the onboard helicopter trims and adjustment parts and every time i seemed to get it working, as soon as i would set it down it would do the same thing, blades spinning, not enough power to lift. Eventually i tried flying without the cover on and it flew. Is there any way for me to fly with the cover of the Genius on, becuase as you all know crashing without a cover destroys internals. I flew it without the cover on with the 6 axis gyro on, and had no luck. I flew it up about 15 ft and it continuosly flew away from me. I shut the 6 axis off and flew up about 30ft. I put some foward pitch into it, and immediatly it shot down and slammed into the ground servering the battery wires and breaking a blade. Please help me fix all these issues and make this thing work, id really rather not have wasted all that money on a 1 minute flying experience. I have flown a Blade SrX, which is a larger begginer 3d with no 6 axis, and i had no problem. So if theres anythign im doign wrong please point that out. Thanks.
asome50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Assuming you changed the severed battery and replaced the broken blade, turn the 6 axis off with the switch on the receiver board (See page 9 in the manual.). Some new ones don't work with it on out of the box. Then make sure the canopy isn't interfering with any of the three servo arms, especially the back ones.

With a charged battery in the heli, hold it by the skids and take the collective stick to the mid point of its travel. The blades should be at zero pitch which means there's no lift. As you take the stick higher you should feel the heli pulling up as the pitch goes more positive. This is just a basic test to see if the setup is in the ball park. Also you should not feel any strong vibrations as the main blades spin. If you do it might have gotten damaged in the crash or the blades aren't balanced.

Try this and let us know what happens.
Jazzjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Post replaced battery

The part that broke was not actually the battery itself, but the part that connects the battery to the helicopter. So after you plug the battery into, im not sure the name, the part of the helicopter you plug the battery into i guess, thats the part that broke. Theres a little bit of wire still coming out from the heli, so i could try to sauter it back together, but the problem being that im not sure if i should remove the control board from the helicopter. It seems to be glued on pretty tightly. If i could remove the board id easily be able to replace the wire, do you think that it'd damage anything by removing the motherboard?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're unsure about removing the board from the heli, I wouldn't suggest you take an iron to it. Take it to a computer or tv repair guy and pay him to do it, if he charges you more than 10 bucks he's a dick.
zzyzx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
If you're unsure about removing the board from the heli, I wouldn't suggest you take an iron to it. Take it to a computer or tv repair guy and pay him to do it, if he charges you more than 10 bucks he's a dick.
Im really surprised that worked. Thanks, i can get to it and fix it up now, great. Thanks alot, i'l get back to you once i try that test.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah moron there's only 3 screws and the 6 wiring connectors. clip it and resolder it then. You can do it with the board on the heli, I never have but you seem pretty stupid so give it a whirl.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

zzyzx, why are you calling him 'stupid' and a 'moron'? He was smart enough to be cautious and seek help.
Jazzjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't like his attitude. If you're that clueless, your chances of success are slim. That wasn't the answer he wanted I guess.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My GCP flew right out of the box. I'm wondering if you blew away the settings in the Devo 7 and that's why you're having issues.

Locate the beginner settings for the Devo 7 and latest version receiver and set it back up that way. I'm betting it will fly just fine once you get the wires reconnected.

Fun little bird to fly - just gotta hang with it a bit.

Good luck.
2004FLHRSI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

His taking your advice and thanking you for it makes him clueless?

Maybe I'm the clueless one because I didn't see anything in any of his posts to warrant the kind of replies you are posting.
Heli-opolis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't like his attitude. If you're that clueless, your chances of success are slim. That wasn't the answer he wanted I guess.
There was no need to be rude, as i was genuinely surprised it would work. There is no need to resort to insulting me. Thanks by the way, i fixed the issue. I tested it this morning, it still has an issue with the rudder holding, but its an easy fix. Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow, that is way out of line.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

mistaken identity- i rescind all my inflammatory statements. i extend my apologies to the op.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
And the support staff doesn't particularly care for your attitude either. Remember our motto "Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect"

Everyone enters the hobby at a different stage and progresses at different rates. Do you think every question you have asked didn't seem moronic to a more experienced person in the hobby ? Please remember that next time you respond to a question. Or better yet if you don't feel like being helpful then don't comment on the thread.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah moron there's only 3 screws and the 6 wiring connectors. clip it and resolder it then. You can do it with the board on the heli, I never have but you seem pretty stupid so give it a whirl.
Quote:
It doesn't matter if you like anyone's attitude (yours is quite suspect at the moment) or not. Insults will not be tolerated. If you've got an issue, REPORT IT.

Quote:
mistaken identity- i rescind all my inflammatory statements. i extend my apologies to the op.
So what you're saying is you'll be saving up more kind words for another who's attitude you don't like?

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Wow, you JUST beat me to an infraction, Sir.

zzyzx,

Mistaken identity or not, if you're truly sorry for the remarks you made, then you might seriously consider editing the content of your inflammatory post(s).
Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

It really dosen mind guys, it's fine. He misunderstood how I spoke, it's not a big deal at all to me. Please don't worry about it, he apologized that's what matters.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

My HF Map location

We appreciate that you don't seem to be offended by his remarks, but we have little to zero tolerance for his manner of posting.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
You know, it is pretty funny what everybody but the guy who writes something like you just did can obviously tell about you by what you posted.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by asome50 View Post
There was no need to be rude, as i was genuinely surprised it would work. There is no need to resort to insulting me. Thanks by the way, i fixed the issue. I tested it this morning, it still has an issue with the rudder holding, but its an easy fix. Thanks
Better to ask when you are unsure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in