Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setting up gyro gain with F-mode on DX8

I'm not sure I got my DX8 and GT5.2 set up right to where what I program in the DX8 gyro gain menu (based on F-mode) is actually changing the gain in the GT5. The numbers on the GT5 unit change when I hit the f-mode switch but they seem to have no effect on the actual tail gain.
Any advice on how this is set up on the DX8? I know a lot of people set the gyro gain to the gyro switch but I just what the gain to automatically adjust when I go into the different F-modes.
dhc8guru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

*Update*

Well I figured it out and thought I should post how to do this so others who are trying to do this have the info.

1.Set your DX8 switch selects (system settings) to INH.
2.Goto the GYRO menu and at the bottom for CH. select Gear and for SW select F-mode.
3.In the GT5 goto the channel assignment menu and when you get to the tail gain switch select, toggle the "gear/gyro" switch on the transmitter. I believe if you use the default settings without assigning the channel, the GT5 defaults to this channel.
4. Goto the Gyro menu in the DX8 and set three different values for each F-mode. The value amount isn't important at this time, as this is only to verify the GT5 is changing up the tail gyro gain in the GT5.
5. Now, verify on the GT5 that when you toggle the F-mode switch, the tail gain value changes on the T-gain readout.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wasn't aware you could separate tail gain from cyclic gain. From what I've read you can only lower over all gain (cyclic and tail together)
which would be used for higher head speeds.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

There is a youtube video where the guy sets up a DX8 and assigns the gyro gain for the head on Aux 2 and Tail on the Gear/Gyro switch. This essentially what I am doing, Just redirecting that channel to slave to the flight mode switch
Old 10-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

dhc8guru - I set mine up the same way as you did, with one exception.

Ended up setting dx8 up to control both gains through flight mode using gryo for tail and governor for head gain.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in