Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default CNC Washout problem - solutions?

Ok... got all my cnc stuff today and did a complete change over. Everything is assembled but the problem I'm having is the collar with the two pins coming out of the bottom, just above the washout assembly.

The old plastic rotor head assembly was held on with a screw that went thru it and had a nut on the end of the screw. The cnc head is supposed to be held in place with a pin??? And the collar (with the pins) is supposed to be held in place with a set screw???

Trouble is... the pin to hold the rotor head assembly on is to big in diameter. So what have others done to get around this??? drill it out?? Don't really want to go this route but will wait to hear some solutions.
DumbDawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 02:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't like the set-pin setup. I wish it was still Jesus-bolt style. I pushed the pin in with my fingers and finished it off with small pliers. Took up the rest of the slack with the grub screw.

I had to remove it to replace a main shaft. Got creative with a pinion puller. Worked great.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I guess just force that puppy in there then, hate doing that. Don't like forcing things to fit or take apart, they should fit better than that. Poor planning on Esky's part.

I may run a drill bit thru it just to give it a bit more room, not so much as to create slop but to make it slide in there better.

Thx
Old 04-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

No you do not force anything in. and nothing to do with poor planning, in fact its good planning.

The pin only goes in and out one way out of the central holder (one side has larger hole than the other.

Have had my cnc set now for months with zero issues, Jesus screw/nut setup is not needed the way esky setup, its more than sufficient.
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well everything fit nice and snug... all assembled and now setting it up.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DierWolf View Post
No you do not force anything in. and nothing to do with poor planning, in fact its good planning.

The pin only goes in and out one way out of the central holder (one side has larger hole than the other.

Have had my cnc set now for months with zero issues, Jesus screw/nut setup is not needed the way esky setup, its more than sufficient.
I tried the pin on both sides, and both orientations. True, it went in much easier when I found the right combo, but it still needed some...help.

Also zero issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in