Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help me please with MOSFETs identification

Hello guys,
I would like to ask you for some help.
I managed to burn ESC (7A AiRY-Walkera 4-6 for HP03). It was in the middle of August. I ordered new ESC (10A OVERSKY 013) in CLUBHELI, but the package was lost by the post. I want to appreciate CLUBHELI here, they refunded the cost of order immediately.
Then I ordered the same ESC directly from OVERSKY. Normally it took 2-3 weeks for packages from China to middle Europe, bur now it’s nearly 4 weeks and still nothing. I can’t believe that even second ESC is lost by the post!
I used to fly with my Genius 2 or 3 times a week, but now I’m 2 months without flying!
It’s really terrible!
So I decided to repair my old burned ESC AiRY. There are 2 MOSFETs damaged, one label C2SUB on it and one with P3IBG (see picture), but I can’t find any MOSFET with this marking on internet (this is some shortened marking, I think).
Could anybody advice me the proper marking of this MOSFETS, or to advice some equivalents?
And maybe recommend me some web vendors?
Thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	esc_airy_7a.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	357506  
HeHenri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There are 2 basic types: P channel and N channel. The P channel will have one terminal (the 'source' terminal) connected to the positive of the battery. The N channel will have one terminal (again the source) connected to the negative terminal of the battery. You can buzz out these connections with an ohm meter. The two 'drains' are connected together and go to a motor winding.

Once you identify the type, then you need to find a replacement that will have a "logic level" gate, have ample current-carrying capacity, have the same footprint and have the same pinout of the source, drain and gate terminals. I'm not familiar with your ESC, but the replacement mosfet should have a current capacity of at least twice the current the ESC is rated for.

Some vendors that carry many types: Digikey.com and Mouser.com

Last edited by Jazzjohn; 10-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: added vendors.
Jazzjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

This may help you, http://benmlee.com/ESC_Mod.htm He does a mod on an esc and has some explanation on what's what. Good luck
Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you very much, Jazzjohn and Magooch!
HeHenri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in