Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flybarred trex 700 value

So I was flying my 500 in a local parking lot the otger day and some guy pulls up and starts talking to me about my heli. He tells me he just bought a forclosed house and when he went into the attic he found a ton of rc stuff. Amongst the stuff is a trex 700. By him decsribing it to me it is an older 700n flybarred no idea of what electronics im assuming all stock align stuff. He is looking to offload the stuff but doesnt know tue value and I am havent found much to compare it to on the for sale here as most are flybarless. so I ask you all what is the current value for a BNF 700n with a flybar? I am getting my x-mas bonus soon and want to call the guy and make an offer but I dont want to screw him or me in the process.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
richmurphy83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That really depends on a lot of factors. Electronics that are in it, what condition its in, how long its been sitting, etc.

Kind of like finding a classic car that's been sitting in a garage for a while. It could be in great condition and has been well kept or it could be in terrible condition. More information is needed. Pictures would be even better.

But if its been sitting a while, its very likely that the motor bearings and some internals are rusted or completely shot, fuel tubing will need replacing, bearings throughout the whole heli will need to be gone over and checked for smoothness - replaced as necessary. Probably will need a new clutch and/or clutch bell. etc.

Personally, if I bought a heli that's been sitting in an attic for a long period of time, I wouldn't feel comfortable flying it unless I did a full tear down. A 700 is a LARGE machine. Extremely powerful and dangerous. You don't want to be taking chances there.

Personally i'd pass. But I would go for it if he was willing to sell you just the airframe without any electronics or motor for a couple hundred bucks. Then put some decent gear in it and you'll be in the air for around ~$600.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Regardless of condition it would get a full teardown and rebuild anyway. I am very meticulous and want to know that everything id 100% unfortunately that bit me in the ass with the flybarted 500 I bought last year. By the time I replaced all the broken parts, bad bearings, and new batteries I could have bought a new dfc combo. But it does fly beautiful.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The comparison to the classic car is bad.
If you restore a classic, it has increased in value.
RC helicopters will never be close to the original value no matter what you do to them.

"A ton of RC stuff"? Offer him $200 to $250 for the whole lot.
Then pick and choose what you want to keep.

Otherwise, you will over pay for the helicopter parts you want out of that pile.

Remember; This is "garbage" to him at this point. You are helping him clean out the attic.
If you don't buy it, he will pitch everything in a dumpster before he flips the house.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got my 700n FB just needing rx for $400

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So I called the guy and took a look at what he had and it was not what I expected. He had 3 helis. A raptor 90, a js models tz 90, and a trex 700. All were crashed and in poor shape. The 700 was just an airframe with cracked frames but it had a motor and pipe, the raptor was all there but no motor, and the tz90 had a motor, pipe, and all the electronics there. I made him an offer and got the tz and the 700 along with a good set of blades and an align starter for $200. I am planning on making a 700 gasder with all the trex parts and freshening up the motors ( both os 91hz) and selling them with the pipes to recoup some of the $$$ or I might just keep one of tge motors and make a hotrod big block Pantera.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in