Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile Nine Eagle Solo Pro 100 3D - Experience - Pix - Videos

Hi Helifreaks out there !!

This thread is gooing to all Solo Pro 100 3D owners and with once they want to become one...
I am since a fiew days owner of one of this Micro Helis ... was tired to wait for the Trex 100 3G.
I was only flying indoor for the moment - this are my experience for the moment:
In normal Mode the heli is really freaky to fly... not the best stability for newbys...
But in the 3D Mode everything is much better and it flys really very nice and also stable..
I am using 300mAh Turnigy Lipo and get arround 4 Minutes of flying - hoovering in the room.
maybe would be good to have a little more pitch for outdoor flying.. flying arround with a lot pitch to hoover normal and inverted.. Inverted is a little better...
Maybe the stock setup of the radio is not really perfect..
Anybody tested some different settings out there ??
Inverted flying is really stable.. maybe better than with the Blade...

Pixs will follow soon..

Would be lucky to find some Solo Pro 100 3D Friends out there

Cheers Joe
Heli Joe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Solo Pro 100

Just ordered mine. I was having so much fun with the Solo Pro V2's I figured I would give this micro a try. I will post more after it arrives this week.
FINCLOSER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Smile Pitch Curve Settings

Hi there !!
Have changed different pitch settings for 3D Mode... had to reach up the max a little bit because at outdoor flying it was to less max Pitch.. have changed the curve to 25-37-50-63-75 now it is much better !!!
Some more experience will follow soon

Cheers Joe
Heli Joe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine shipped today! Can't wait to get it.

Are you running any expo for cyclic controls?
frickingphil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is on the way! Very exciting! I've flown a v200dq01 Walkeria and a WLtoys v911 for a few weeks now, so this will be my first cp heli.
josephjhaney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick & list of stuff I've gleaned from the RCGroups SP100 forum + my own experience in the past week of ownership.
  • extremely helpful Tx setup tutorial on YouTube
    J6PRO PART 1 (4 min 7 sec)
    J6 PRO PART 2 (2 min 32 sec)
    J6 PRO PART 3 (5 min 21 sec)
  • however, negative expo is LESS sensitive around center stick despite what he says in the video above!
  • gyro has two modes, rate mode or heading hold. below 50 is rate, above 50 is heading hold, and the farther from 50 you get, the more sensitive. I'm currently flying at G-S 95, so heading hold, almost max sensitivity, and the tail holds real well in pitch pumps
  • landing gear is rigid, not flexible, and prone to breakage. i bought carbon fiber mCP X skids and CA'd the rear mount posts from the stock landing skids to the mCP X ones to allow them to mount onto the SP100. doubt these'll break anytime soon
  • fellow RCG member suggested cutting a tea bag into strips, coating it with 5min epoxy, and wrapping the tea bag strips around the weak areas of the landing gear, turning it into makeshift fiberglass reinforcement. he's reported lots of success; his skids never broke after that.
  • swash will separate during a crash: intentional, the force from the crash simply separates the swash instead of breaking the swashplate balls off (or the blade grip balls)
  • throttle hold has a delay. be aware of this, kinda sucks when you're learning
  • to smooth out the collective in normal flight, make your throttle curve flat. mine's set to 0-20-60-60-60. this way, only the blade pitch is changing, not the pitch AND the throttle, which causes jumpiness and vertical instability
  • i personally have my low rates set to 32, high to 45. i haven't noticed any more servo travel adjusting high rate past 45, so I'll leave it at that, to prevent burning a servo out by hitting the end of travel during a high-pitch maneuver. when learning a CP heli, you may want to set your low rate even lower
  • HOV.T knob controls center point of 3D throttle curve. turn all the way to the right for 100% throttle across the board, as it should be.
  • KBDD tail blade didn't help tail hold, in fact it made it worse.
  • ^ related to that fact, I've heard some SP100's have crappy tail motors. I may have gotten one of the bad ones, some people are saying it has better tail hold than the mCP X, others are having problems with tail hold. go figure
  • if 50 is your pitch curve midpoint, be wary of making your max pitch higher than 68. for me, it loses tail hold with that much pitch, which can cause a crash if you invert the heli and suddenly load it up with a bunch of negative pitch. already happened to me.
  • mSR upper swashplates DO work with the SP100 lower ones, but you have to make hybrid dogbones to mate the SP100 blade grips w/ the mSR upper swash.
  • I've heard lots of reports of the main gear stripping or losing teeth. personally have only had one main gear strip and that was due to a crash while under power (forgot to hit hold switch). might be handy to order some extra. the swashplate balls have broken on me far more often.
  • Tx WORKS with simulators! this is the adapter you need.

I crashed the sh*t out of it in this first week despite having a decent amount of 4ch skill (i was pirouetting my old 9958 through car interiors). But it's been a great first 6ch CP heli to me, and with the $80 HobbyKing deal, I could not have asked for more.

Even with the CF skids, mSR swash & links, 2 extra batteries & a couple sets of spare parts, I think I'm still under the price of an RTF mCP X.

The heli's main weakness is lack of parts support in the US, hence my ghetto-rigging of the mSR upper swash. But that's peace of mind, because I'm no longer afraid of breaking and losing the swashplate balls.

mCP X main blades, KBDD mCP X blades, mCP X tail motor & rotor all fit without much modification.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swashmod1.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	306778   Click image for larger version

Name:	swashmod3.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	306779   Click image for larger version

Name:	swashmod4.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	306780  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just order mine from HK USA, hopefully receive in a week. I also order 3 Nanotech 300mAh.
maxbreaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frickingphil View Post
Quick & list of stuff I've gleaned from the RCGroups SP100 forum + my own experience in the past week of ownership.
  • extremely helpful Tx setup tutorial on YouTube pt1 pt2 pt3
  • however, negative expo is LESS sensitive around center stick despite what he says in the video above!
  • gyro has two modes, rate mode or heading hold. below 50 is rate, above 50 is heading hold, and the farther from 50 you get, the more sensitive. I'm currently flying at G-S 95, so heading hold, almost max sensitivity, and the tail holds real well in pitch pumps
  • landing gear is rigid, not flexible, and prone to breakage. i bought carbon fiber mCP X skids and CA'd the rear mount posts from the stock landing skids to the mCP X ones to allow them to mount onto the SP100. doubt these'll break anytime soon
  • fellow RCG member suggested cutting a tea bag into strips, coating it with 5min epoxy, and wrapping the tea bag strips around the weak areas of the landing gear, turning it into makeshift fiberglass reinforcement. he's reported lots of success; his skids never broke after that.
  • swash will separate during a crash: intentional, the force from the crash simply separates the swash instead of breaking the swashplate balls off (or the blade grip balls)
  • throttle hold has a delay. be aware of this, kinda sucks when you're learning
  • to smooth out the collective in normal flight, make your throttle curve flat. mine's set to 0-20-60-60-60. this way, only the blade pitch is changing, not the pitch AND the throttle, which causes jumpiness and vertical instability
  • i personally have my low rates set to 32, high to 45. i haven't noticed any more servo travel adjusting high rate past 45, so I'll leave it at that, to prevent burning a servo out by hitting the end of travel during a high-pitch maneuver. when learning a CP heli, you may want to set your low rate even lower
  • HOV.T knob controls center point of 3D throttle curve. turn all the way to the right for 100% throttle across the board, as it should be.
  • KBDD tail blade didn't help tail hold, in fact it made it worse.
  • ^ related to that fact, I've heard some SP100's have crappy tail motors. I may have gotten one of the bad ones, some people are saying it has better tail hold than the mCP X, others are having problems with tail hold. go figure
  • if 50 is your pitch curve midpoint, be wary of making your max pitch higher than 68. for me, it loses tail hold with that much pitch, which can cause a crash if you invert the heli and suddenly load it up with a bunch of negative pitch. already happened to me.
  • mSR upper swashplates DO work with the SP100 lower ones, but you have to make hybrid dogbones to mate the SP100 blade grips w/ the mSR upper swash.
  • I've heard lots of reports of the main gear stripping or losing teeth. personally have only had one main gear strip and that was due to a crash while under power (forgot to hit hold switch). might be handy to order some extra. the swashplate balls have broken on me far more often.
  • Tx WORKS with simulators! this is the adapter you need.
I crashed the sh*t out of it in this first week despite having a decent amount of 4ch skill (i was pirouetting my old 9958 through car interiors). But it's been a great first 6ch CP heli to me, and with the $80 HobbyKing deal, I could not have asked for more.

Even with the CF skids, mSR swash & links, 2 extra batteries & a couple sets of spare parts, I think I'm still under the price of an RTF mCP X.

The heli's main weakness is lack of parts support in the US, hence my ghetto-rigging of the mSR upper swash. But that's peace of mind, because I'm no longer afraid of breaking and losing the swashplate balls.

mCP X main blades, KBDD mCP X blades, mCP X tail motor & rotor all fit without much modification.
FrickingPhil - thanks for all the info/notes! I've been a Walkera man for a while, but I ran across the HK promotion for the SP 100 and am REALLY tempted. As much as I wouldn't mind a Genius or Mini CP, their prices are still higher than I want to spend for such a small heli to learn 3D from scratch on (and my Walkera V120D02S is far too fragile).

Are you still thrilled with the SP 100? The Mini CP has been classified as almost being "indestructible", but if the SP 100 is easy to fix (and more importantly I can source parts locally or in the US), then I'd have no problems adding another Nine Eagles to the hanger.

With that said, my initial task is to determine how many Blade parts can be substituted for replacements. I've seen that the MCPx main gear can be used with the SP 100 and you indicate that the MCPx skids can be fitted to the SP. Are there other MCPx parts that work with it?
OrbitalGolem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Are you still thrilled with the SP 100? The Mini CP has been classified as almost being "indestructible", but if the SP 100 is easy to fix (and more importantly I can source parts locally or in the US), then I'd have no problems adding another Nine Eagles to the hanger.

With that said, my initial task is to determine how many Blade parts can be substituted for replacements. I've seen that the MCPx main gear can be used with the SP 100 and you indicate that the MCPx skids can be fitted to the SP. Are there other MCPx parts that work with it?
The SP100 is a bit on the fragile side, it does break something nearly every time it crashes. Usually landing-gear related, though, because the skids are made of such a rigid material there's nowhere for the force to go.

The mCP X main gear will fit but you have to modify the motor mount, as the mCP X gear is smaller than the SP100 gear.

There is nothing direct-fit from the mCP X besides the main blades & the tail motor/rotor...don't know about the tail boom, though.

However, I still love it, it's taught me so much about flying 6ch and I'm at the point where I'm doing stall turns and hovering nose-in pretty well...still have yet to try inverted but since the last time I tried it I broke dogbones and the swashplate...I'll wait until I have every upright orientation down like the back of my hand
Old 04-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just received mine, heard about the skid so I checked out how flexible it is and it broke just within 5 minutes I received.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pardon my newbie question, when you guys said the G.S switch up is away from you or toward you holding the tx. Thx,
Old 05-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Settings.

Hi I reset my tx and wanted to know what do you use for pitch curve, expo, high and low DR and your gyro also what does the g.s switch do? i know its for the gear speed but what does it do?
jtsnowboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Give up

I give up and want to sell mine. Pls click on this link and PM me if interested.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...63#post3992663

Thx,
Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry nine eagles solo pro 100 swashplate movement

When the blades are NOT turning and the elevator and aileron stick is moved the swashplate moves accordingly and returns to center position when the sticks are released and move to center.

However, when the blades are turning and the elevator and aileron stick is moved the swashplate moves to where it is supposed to. When the sticks are moved or released to center position the swashplate does not move to center and you have to move the sticks in the opposite direction to have the swashplate move in the opposite position.

All other heli's that I have when the aileron and elevator sticks are released with the blades turning the swash plate returns to the center position.

I have no idea what is going on and how to correct this. I don't think this is normal. I do not fly in 3D mode and just went over to CP heli's after flying fixed pitch for a year.

I have a Walkera Genius CP helicopter and it does NOT have this problem. The swashplate returns to center positon when the elevator and aileron sticks are released and spring back to center postion.

Any help would be appreciated. I am about ready to throw these Nine Eagles Solo Pro 100's in the trash because of this.

Thank you for any help in this matter.
dlewis6665 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

here's mine with canopy painted white.
hkrc tail motor holder (for msr mcp x) and round aluminum tail boom made from a knitting needle.
also has head damper kit for the mcpx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AMBI0358.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	402083  
bilthy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewis6665 View Post
When the blades are NOT turning and the elevator and aileron stick is moved the swashplate moves accordingly and returns to center position when the sticks are released and move to center.

However, when the blades are turning and the elevator and aileron stick is moved the swashplate moves to where it is supposed to. When the sticks are moved or released to center position the swashplate does not move to center and you have to move the sticks in the opposite direction to have the swashplate move in the opposite position.

All other heli's that I have when the aileron and elevator sticks are released with the blades turning the swash plate returns to the center position.

I have no idea what is going on and how to correct this. I don't think this is normal. I do not fly in 3D mode and just went over to CP heli's after flying fixed pitch for a year.

I have a Walkera Genius CP helicopter and it does NOT have this problem. The swashplate returns to center positon when the elevator and aileron sticks are released and spring back to center postion.

Any help would be appreciated. I am about ready to throw these Nine Eagles Solo Pro 100's in the trash because of this.

Thank you for any help in this matter.

just checked mine, as i never really paid attention to the swash movement, it does this just a little as well and its normal i think, and flies great in normal and idle up mode. the genius in beginner gyro mode probably self corrects more and that's why the swash moves back to center. the solo pro 100 like most cp helis does not self correct, it just keeps going the last way you had it going until you make a change on the sticks though you'd figure if you let go of the stick it would move right back. but anyway mine does what you're describing a little bit (doesn't totally center the swash) and flies around normally.
bilthy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in