Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks from Noob

Thanks for posting these. They made me try flying (the Nano) in 3D mode for the first time ever today. What a pleasure! A soft start take-off just seems to happen almost by itself! You guys are the best. - J-R
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GREAT VID'S

Wow, This is just what I needed to get me started, Love the transmitter to show how your moving the sticks I will be doing each vid step by step
Bigtim1969 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nice

These are very helpful, and I need all the help I can get lol.
EazyE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bravo!

Thanks for posting these. They made me try flying (Walkera UFO Series) in 3D mode for the first time ever today. What a pleasure! A soft start take-off just seems to happen almost by itself! You guys are the best.
Qasim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Very Helpful

These videos are great and very helpful. Thanks
johnsonj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 09:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im so irritated. I cant seem to fly in circles. I got one done. every time i only get as far as a half cirlce and come crashing down hard. grrrrrr its a good thing i got this sim yesterday lol. I can flip and do some 3d (in real flight) but orientation sucks. practice some more i guess.
Ramonster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im so irritated. I cant seem to fly in circles. I got one done. every time i only get as far as a half cirlce and come crashing down hard. grrrrrr its a good thing i got this sim yesterday lol. I can flip and do some 3d (in real flight) but orientation sucks. practice some more i guess.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonster View Post
"From tail-in to all 8s and funnels in 6 months" (https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=531380) was designed to fill-in the gaps from this excellent learning sequence. Getting the hover orientations down is SO important.

Lesson 6 and onwards deal with circles, but you should be well on your way to mastering inverted hovering when trying upright circles (if following the progression sequence).

The reason for inverted so early (like ChadRG/floopz said) is that the heli does not know upright from inverted (just our brains need to accept it). May as well learn both at once so you do not have to re-learn it later. This way you get inverted circles days after upright circles (not months later).

Learning RC heli flying is hard, time consuming, frustrating but also exhilarating (especially when you get something). When you struggle for something, you appreciate it all the more.

Keep at it. Have a plan, and you can get there.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you
Old 07-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry New beginner to Simulator

Hi I am a new beginner and I need lots of help please new to this site I have just started to use the New Simulator Accurc not sure what’s happening as soon as i take off the Helicopter is drifting left and out of control. If I use right stick Alieron going right it’ comes back a little but i can’t hover in one place it’s all over the place I have crashed loads of times its good it’s not costing me in spare parts to fix Heli lol

mirrorcarp27
mirrorcarp27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorcarp27 View Post
Hi I am a new beginner and I need lots of help please new to this site I have just started to use the New Simulator Accurc not sure what’s happening as soon as i take off the Helicopter is drifting left and out of control. If I use right stick Alieron going right it’ comes back a little but i can’t hover in one place it’s all over the place I have crashed loads of times its good it’s not costing me in spare parts to fix Heli lol

mirrorcarp27
This is normal for a flybarless collective pitch helicopter. (This is not the same as your MJX F45 Helicopter listed in your profile, and you are doing the smart thing before attempting to fly your Tarot 450pro V2 with the sim practice).

What transmitter are you connecting to AccuRC? You may want to "desensitize it" by reducing DR so the helicopter is not too nimble. You also may want to start with a normal pitch and throttle curve (makes the helicopter more docile than an idle up monster).

Treat AccuRC as a real helicopter and follow RADD's guide (RADD's school of rotary flight (http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html)). From what I have read of AccuRC, you should be able to do this.

Once able to confidently hover tail-in in the sim (and land where you want), build your Tarot 450pro and probably start following From tail-in to all 8s and funnels in 6 months (this follows the same progression path as ChadRG's guide).

Best of luck (PM me if you like, I'll help as much as I can).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in