Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #681 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Newbie

I'm a newbie. The only heli I've flown is a Blade CP.

Ok, everything has been built and installed. I wanted to use my JR790SPCM scanselect receiver with this bird but the rudder connector to the receiver is somewhat different size than others so I can't connect it to the receiver. What should I do?

My setup is
Align 430X motor
Align ESC
3 Hitec 56 servos
240 gyro
Hitec 81 tail servo
TP 3S 2100mah lipo
JR 790 SPCM scanselect rx

Please let me know. I want to fly this bird this weekend
yongary is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #682 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by austintyler
Quick question for you Bob, in your HDX head set up video, you address trying to line up the different sections of the head. As for the washout arms, i cant figure out what I'm trying to line up. I think I'm supposed to line up the ball links on each arm, making them even with each other at 50% stick. Is that right? I'm almost ready to fly after a rebuild

Thank you very much

Austin

I Know I am not Bob but I can help you out here. When you are at 50% throttle and Blade Pitch is at 0 your washout arms should be parallel and level with one another. Adjust the linkages to get them set correctly. If they weren't level then obviously the flybar carrier would not be level either. Hope that helps.
Well, the washout arms on the V3 are NOT straight - there is a 20 degree or so cant at the ball joint end - so, which part of the washout arm should be parallel - the straight part??
MMatheny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #683 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your servo plugs fit the rx,the gyro plug will also fit.
Remember,rudder servo to gyro then gyro to rx.

If the gyro to rx plug has a tab you need to cut this off.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #684 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by veegor View Post
measure from the edge of theball link to the other starting out as Finless DVD suggest i believe it was 50 mm from servo hornto swash , 48mm from swash to mixer arm and mixer lever to blade holder was 27mm i think..but use as reference .It is pretty close
Quick question witch one is the swash to mixer arm? I am having a heck of a time getting this thing off the ground the set up is killing me! Any one here have the Sonix Esc/Bec set up? Mine keeps beeping. Do I have the connections to the motor incorrecly set up? I just do not konw.. Why is there no manual with this heli?

Angelo
esmoglo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #685 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone on this HDX 450 tred???

Angelo
esmoglo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #686 (permalink)

Default HDX 450 problems

I recently got one of the 450 HDX RTF kits (probably a big mistake). The kit comes with:

(1) HDX 2.4Ghz 6 Channel Transmitter
(1) HDX 2.4Ghz 6 Channel Receiver
(1) Pre-Painted Fiberglass Canopy
(4) Tower Pro SG 90 Servos
(1) HDX 3400Kv Brushless Motor
(1) Sonix 35A Brushless ESC
(1) ELE 3A 5V UBEC
(1) Telebee TLB01 Head Lock Gyro

Initially, the receiver will not Bind with the transmitter. Eventually I got it to bind, but everytime the unit is turned off, the receiver is unbound again. The head lock gyro would not function and the blue light blinks forever. The UBEC/ESC is on channel 3 on the radio. After a lot of trial and error, I found out that if I moved the UBEC/ESC cable to the BATT position, the radio locks onto the tranmitter instantaneously and the gyro works. However, the brushless motor control no longer works. If I switch back to the Ch3, the problem reappears. Besides adding a battery or getting another BEC, I don't know how to resolve this. The ESC cable is directly soldered to the UBEC and a separate cable goes from the UBEC to the receiver. Anyone else have this problem with the HDX 450 RTF kits? Anyone have suggestions to fix this problem?
ShadowX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #687 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stepping up to the HDX Superframe after getting irritated by my HK-450 alu frame. Looking forward to its superness!
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #688 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HDX-EXI?

Are HDXs pretty much the same as EXI and vice-versa? I have an EXI on the way.
helliton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #689 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helliton View Post
Are HDXs pretty much the same as EXI and vice-versa? I have an EXI on the way.
No. The EXI is an almost exact t-rex 450 SE clone, down to the stacked frames and servo layout.

The HDX SE v4 looks similar but has a very different servo layout (true 120° servo layout) and uses 2 G10 frames, that aren't stacked. As a result, it's a bit easier to get to the servos. You can look at them at helidirect.com

I had a HK-450 which is a Trex 450 SA clone but didn't like how the Trex handled servo layout and found the body too small to place electronics adequately. I'm much happier with the HDX.

Karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #690 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this like the v5?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #691 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my HDX 450, if I mount my servo arms at 90-degree, they will bottom out against the frame when rolling in full negative pitch. I also noticed that the linkages are not perfectly up/down. To address these issues, I decided to mount my servo arms about 5-10 deg above level at mid-pitch. The reason for this is twofold: the servo arms at mid-pitch and up being closer to 90-degree with the linkages, and the servos no longer bottom out.

I want to know, is there any reason why this could be a problem?

I got some good info about CCPM interactions from these videos. I'll have to consider trimming my controls to minimize that. Thanks for the good work!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in