Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Fusion 50

Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Fusion 50 Electric Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Striped the main gear again!!

Guys this is my third main gear in less than 8 flights, I haven't had any problems with all other gears, just the main gear, and I did all recommendations posted here and on outrage blog with no hope, I'm using the black gears (used white lithium grease on them), I checked the gear mesh carefully a lot. please guys I need your help cause I'm starting to give up on this bird

Equipment:
  • Jive 80 (70% throttle curve) ==> 2200RPM
  • Scorpion 4035-560 (I have widen the motor mount for the motor's 4mm bolts)
  • Vbar
  • JR servos (8717 and 8900)
mswify is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well you are why they developed the new fat CNC gear. That's what it's for... over powered Fusions with hard flying. You wil not be able to strip it. No one has yet. It's a LOT more beefier than the black gears.

I assume stock will come in soon.

http://helidirect.com/sa00073a-outra...50-p-25527.hdx

Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1. 150 flights on that CNC gear with a 700mx and I can't strip it. Used to strip black gears every 4 to 5 flights. Not just strip, but removed large chunks of it. The new CNC gear is robust.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is also a 132t CNC gear for the Velocity 50 which fits perfectly. It's not as thick as the new CNC gear but it will be a lot stronger than stock main gears so maybe give that a try until the new CNC gears come back in stock. It changes the gear ratio slightly but as your Jive is set to 70% you can bump up the juice to make up for this- you should still be under 80% power to ensure best performance of the Jive's gov.

Here's the thing though. Despite what people think SHOULD happen, the Fusion was never designed for 700 class motors so in your case you should not be surprised that it keeps stripping. The fault in this case does not lie with the helicopter but with the user- if you put 700 blades on this heli you would not be surprised to see the head come apart mid flight because the grips would not be strong enough, so why any difference with other 700 class components? Using a 600 class motor has oodles of power anyway so don't give up on this bird because of this self imposed problem, you will be denying yourself a great machine. What is good however is that Outrage have listened to the users, realised that 700 class motors are being used and have now produced an upgrade to deal with it. Yes, you could argue that Outrage SHOULD have designed this in from the start but then where does this adaptability stop given that the Fusion already covers 550 up? Sorry, rant over, but just thought it worth reminding people about the original design limitations of the heli.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Until the cnc gear is available, I'll have to use the white main gear, my question is how to adjust the gear mesh?
mswify is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tight.. zero play at the high end.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

gear is out at HD as of today.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's in stock!

(I totally misinterpreted your post Ceevee... I thought you meant "HD is out of them" which I knew)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in