Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > OpenTX Radios

OpenTX Radios OpenTX Radios Discussion and Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post your setup

I think it might be interesting to start a thread where we post our bin or eepe files to show off how we programmed this TX. Looking at these was how I started out. Maybe post which a line or two about your setup as well.

Mine are fairly simple. I have a few CF's for the timer, haptic feedback and some voice about the timer and flight mode. On the Mini Titan and Atom models I also set up auto rotation bailout between the Edge ESC and Ikon. Lastly, when the timer is activated the telemetry logs are also activated.

Taranis with Haptic
X6R via SBUS to Ikon
Gaui X2, Mini Titan, Atom 500 and Logo 500

One thing that I wish I could do as my setup get's more complex is to add a comment line to each CF and LS with a brief description.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Jasons Taranis.eepe.txt (77.0 KB, 168 views)
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The thread Th with trim has my latest one. But I also change it lots LOL. Right now, have each RPM and D/R-Expo tied to each Flight Mode. But thinking of separating them so I can have low/mid/fast rates in all 3 headspeeds. Dunno if I would ever use that tho.
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is mine for the Blade 450x, yep 40 SK3 motor with an Ikon controller. I have channel 7 locked until I figure out why my auto level pitches me forward 45 deg.

450X-8.eepe.txt
Old 08-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I decided I finally have my setup refined enough to try sharing it. I hope maybe something in here can be useful.

My 450 is on a Mini VBar, using the FBL governor. My X5 is on an iKon, using the Castle Edge Set RPM governor.

"Features":

- Timers only run when there is a throttle output greater than Throttle Hold, *and* when RSSI is greater than 10. In other words, the timers (flight and persistent) only run if the model is actually powered up.

- The X5's countdown timer reads off the value every 15 seconds after it expires, but again, only does this if RSSI is >10. So if I land, and unplug the heli, I can take the time to record any telemetry values that I want before resetting things, without the TX yelling at me.

- They are set up with 6 Flight Modes. SA^ or SA- triggers normal HS, for N/IU1/IU2. SAv triggers the low-headspeed versions of N/IU1/IU2. For the X5, low-headspeed is the same as regular, as I can currently only set 3 headspeeds anyhow. Each of the 6 FMs has its own tail gain.

- If I'm in either Normal mode, and above 0 pitch, it announces "Normal" every 5 seconds. This is to avoid flipping while in Normal mode.

- A number of things read off values automatically based on WAV file names and switch positions or Flight Modes. So when I go to IU1, I hear "Idle up 1", when I go to low-headspeed IU2, I hear "Low idle up 2", etc. This method avoids using Special Functions to do this.

- Tail gain can be adjusted for each Flight Mode, by pushing the Rudder trim switch right (+1 gain) or left (-1 gain). It reads off the current value with each click. The values may not match with what the FBL thinks they are, but it's intended to provide a relative reference in-flight. If I started at 60, I can raise it to 65, then go back to 60 if I want. That's easier than remembering I clicked up 5 times, and need to go back down by 5, or was it 6?

- The X5 can set the Edge ESC governor gain remotely, via channel 8. The governor gain can be adjusted up/down by using the Throttle trim switch. Tail gain, and governor gains, have "backup" values also set, in case I don't like my changes, and want to go back to the old values.

- Bank switching is set up on each. But I'm not actually using it on the 450's VBar, so they are all the same value. On the X5's iKon, setup 1 vs 2 is on SB. And the momentary switch (SH) triggers Self Level, on setup 3.

- I have the SP40A current sensor on the 450. So its timer counts up, and flight times are controlled by mAh-used. There is also an alert for "LVC" on the pack.

- Telemetry and timers are reset by flicking SCv for 0 to 1 seconds, using Edge.

- Telemetry continues logging for 10 seconds after hitting Throttle Hold, to try and capture things like an autorotation.

- Volume is controlled by S2.

- If you move the Right Slider (RS), it will read off a few things, like the timer value, mAh-used (if applicable), and RSSI. This gives an easy way to get a "status update" without moving your thumbs.

- The X5's A1 alert thresholds will tell me if my BEC Pro has shut down, and I'm running off my 5V Scorpion BackupGuard. Reducing the risk of continuing to fly using just the BUG, but not realizing it. I may have it remind me ~10 second after power-up, to turn the BUG on.

I haven't used the Phoenix or NanoQX profiles since going to OpenTX 2.0. They are old, and may need work.

NOTE! Throttle Hold values are not -100, in order to satisfy the Autorotation Bailout requirements for each heli.
Attached Files
File Type: txt RedOctobyr Taranis rev1.eepe.txt (77.0 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by RedOctobyr; 08-08-2014 at 11:38 AM..
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Modified mine for Skookum 4.0, i'm using a Taranis with a X8R.
I know have most of the voice stuff on the switches directly for the model so they aren't in the file.
It only has two models, one for my mini prôtos (using SK540 governor), and one extremely basic for my sim (since my simstick only accepts 4 channels), the one for the sim is basically default setup that says "sim" when you start the model, with volume control on left slider for the late night sim sessions where I don't want noise.

I swapped SF and SH switches to have TH on the right side like I'm used to with spektrum. They are still on the same sides but on the left it's momentary on the right it's normal.

Features :

- Says the name of the model when you first start it up, doesn't announce every single activated switch.

- Double throttle hold, SA mid and down activate TH, and SH down activates it as well (It's not a momentary switch on my TX).

- Switch warnings which forces you to have at least SA on TH (since you can't check SH because it's supposed to be momentary), and all default settings (no modifying of gains).

- Not really in the setup, but it talks whenever you move a switch (except for the double TH switches, it only talks when TH is released or on)

- Have 3 D/R modes for the cyclic only, since I never used the rudder one, and like to have my rudder always the same.

- I only have 3 flight modes (I actually use only two), because the SK540 only has 3 different headspeed settings.
Each flight mode has it's own tail, cyclic, cyclic bell and gov gains.
I'm not using a normal mode so no warnings for that, and all flight modes have the same pitch curve, but you could pretty easily get one with the SK540 by using tail bank two to desactivate the governor mode.

- This is only for the SK540, but I have set on 3 switches, the gains for cyclic bank 1 & 2, for tail bank 1 & 2, and for cyclic bell gains and for the gov.
gains for cyclic and gov gain are on the right potentiometer, for the tail and bell gains are on the left potentiometer.
If you're modifying a value, you can set it to default for the current flight mode by pressing SF (my momentary switch), and it won't say the timer.
No reading of the gain values, because the gain values the SK540 see aren't the same as what the TX sends (using weird curves to fix that), so what the TX would say isn't what the SK540 is seeing.
The gain value curves are tuned for the usable range and so that with the potentiometer at middle it's pretty much my default gain values.

- I did my voice timer with custom functions since the last 10 secs countdown was annoying me, it has minute calls, last 30 sec, last 15 sec, and last 2 secs says "it's time to land".
You can also get the current timer value by pressing SF (my momentary switch), except if you're modifying gains.

- Trims not activated to prevent any mistakes since FBL doesn't like trim.

- There is no autorotation bailout (because SK doesn't have it and my mini prôtos doesn't have a OWB anymore), so my 0 throttle is -100.

- Volume is on the left slider, minimum volume is pretty much silent.

- I didn't use stock voice, I used IVONA 2 Salli, her voice sounds more realistic.

- I don't have any telemetry (apart from RSSI and RX voltage obviously), so nothing setup for that.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Standard Heli.eepe.txt (77.0 KB, 137 views)
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gaui X3 with on OpenTX 2.1.6

In another thread, JWeber suggested we update the "post your setup" thread. So I thought I would post mine.

This is my eepe file for my Gaui X3. I'm using OpenTX 2.1.6. It has a Spirit FBL. SF (throttle hold) has been replaced with 2-pos push-button, SH (rescue) has been replaced by a 2-pos momentary push button.

• Volume
    I use RS to change the volume. I apply weight and offset to RS so the range and resolution is more usable. I get audible clicks when I change the volume, but it works. I end up changing volume enough during use that this is the first thing I setup on any new model.

• Throttle
    Controlled by flight modes, FM0 is throttle hold, FMs 1-3 are idle up 1-3. SA sets FM!-3 as long as throttle hold isn't on. I don't have a normal mode.

I use a dual switch throttle hold. To get out of FM0, both SF must be down and SB must be up. I treat SB as kind of an "arm" switch. When I land, I hit SF, take a breath, move SB down, then walk over to the model. I leave SB down until I'm ready to take off again. Then I "arm" with SB and finally get out of TH with SF. I used to have a "throttle hold" call out every 15sec when SB was "armed" but TH was on, but that got kind of annoying. I should only be in that situation at the flight line about to take off.

No throttle curves, just straight values in FM0-3 meant as a signal for the governor on the Spirit FBL.

• Collective
    Nothing exciting here, no pitch curves or anything.

• D/R and Expo
    Rather than tying D/R and expo to flight modes or another switch, I use S1 and S2 to set D/R and Expo. Both knobs all the way to the right is full rate and zero expo. To do this, I apply different curves to S1 & S2 in Inputs, the use Special Functions 63 & 64 to store the results in GVAR 1&2. On the Input lines for Ail, Ele, Rud I use GVAR 1 for weight and GVAR2 for expo value

I did this originally because when I'm using a simulator I like running all the D/R and Expo on the TX and each sim model can be wildly different. I wanted a quick way to dial in each one. In real life, I used to soften things up on my first couple of batts, then dial things back to where I like them. I rarely change these IRL anymore, so I'll eventually move to D/R and expo to a switch like everyone else.

• Rescue switch
    The Spirit FBL has a rescue feature, activated by the Gyro channel. If Gyro >0, I get that gain value. If Gyro channel is negative, then the rescue function is activated and the gain value is the absolute value on the channel. I wire this up to SH. SH-up sends +60, SH-down sends -60.

• Telemetry
    I have the 150A current sensor installed. If SD is up, I get two alerts related to mAh used. The first one is simple, just a "land soon" alert based on a hard coded value that is about 70% consumption on my X3 packs.

The other is "call out the percentage used at 50%, 60%, 70%, etc". I wanted something very specific here. I wanted an alert only later in the battery (after 50%) and also I wanted to hear only rounded values (not "53%", but "50%" as an example). So I wrote a Lua script that converts consumption to a percentage used and rounds down to the nearest 5 or 10% (the 5 or 10 is configurable when setting up the Lua script). I know I could have handled the voice call out and everything inside the Lua script, but I thought it would be easier to control the various paramters using logical switches rather then having it all inside script.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Gaui X3.eepe.txt (76.0 KB, 78 views)
Old 01-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gaui x3 with Ikon

this is my setup for my Gaui x3 with Ikon. I'm using the governor in the ikon and have auto bailout set to 25 seconds. This setup does not use a normal mode since I have no desire to accidentally flip inverted in normal mode at some time in the future.

switches are assigned as follows:

A - cyclic expo (5, 10, and 20%)
B - tail expo (5, 10, and 20%)
C - initiate autorotation/bailout. (i've replaced SC with a momentary switch)
D - gyro gain (mapped to curve 5)
E - headspeed (based on ikon governor setting)
F - throttle hold (requires full left rudder to release)
G - Ikon setup number (setup 3 is safe level. setup number is mapped using curve 4))
H - Safe Level

telemetry in the aircraft is RPM sensor, T2 is ESC temp, pack current, pack voltage and cell voltage

if you want to mod this, logical switches are as follows...

L1 - timer running
L2 - 75% of pack used (i use 2200 mah packs)
L3 - cell has gone bad or I killed it.
L5 - in combination with L4, you are about to start a flight with a less than full battery.
L6 - low headspeed
L7 - esc temp above 195
L9 - in combination with L8, used to reset flight and timer when a new pack is installed.
L10 - throttle hold. in combination with L11 requires full left rudder to release.
L12 - throttle hold switch released without required left rudder
L13 - battery, or at least one cell in it is having a hard time. this warns if the difference in individual cell voltages are more than .1v apart.
L14 - 1 second pules on throttle release to reset heading hold gyro by briefly switching to rate mode and back.
L15 - Autorotation activated.
L16 - 1 second pulse on throttle hold to cancel ikon's autorotation bailout timer.
L17 - cancels L15 (autorotation). either hitting momentary switch c or flipping the throttle hold on activates this.

Special functions:

SF1 - activate Safe Level on the ikon
SF2 - activates volume control on left slider
SF3 - audio warnings for pack capacity after 75% pack used.
SF4 - battery warning on low cell
SF5 - battery not full warning
SF6 - headspeed not reached within 25 seconds of releasing throttle hold.
SF7 - High esc temp warning
SF8 - Reset Flight (timer 1 is set to flight)
SF9 - warning that the throttle hold is not engaged when it should be.
SF10 - More battery warnings. this time because of cell imbalance. this would likely indicate a cell that is about to take a crap.
SF11 - haptic warning for throttle hold switch.
SF12 - sets gyro to rate mode when active
SF13 - autorotation throttle setting.
SF14 - pulse ikon setting to cancel autorotation bailout timer.
SF15 - announce bailout on when autoroation is active
Attached Files
File Type: eepe gaui.eepe (77.0 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by kuroguy; 01-03-2016 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: didn't like autorotation bailout active warning. it's better now
kuroguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've had so many updates since I first posted so here's an updated version.

- Updated to 2.1
- All models are X4RSB + Ikon FBL
- The DT and Goblin Models have MAH consumption telemetry and alarms.
- SA reads current consumption
- SD turns on backlight
- SF Throttle Hold
- SG Flight mode switch
- SH self level on Ikon
- S2 controls radio volume
- All models log on throttle up + 25 seconds (L7, L8, and SF6)
- Flight modes are announced
- On the Oxys with count down timers, haptic and time are given for 30, 20 and 10-1 seconds
- On the DT and Goblin, the timers count up and announce every minute
- I have Next simulator and there is a model for that as well.
Attached Files
File Type: eepe Jasons Taranis Home.eepe (77.0 KB, 94 views)
Old 09-24-2016, 08:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some files I can successfully rename to .eepe and some I can not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in