Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JLog - The JIVE logging stamp

JLog - The JIVE logging stamp JLog - The JIVE logging stamp - Official English Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2016, 05:14 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

No... Will ask for it again. We're just moving to another house, - very other kind of very busy.
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well i was definitely expecting hobbywing to clear this issue up sooner. So obviously the fet temp is an issue. Tom, earlier you said the current problem "is another issue althogether". Does this mean it is a problem everyone is experiencing or is it something in my particular case? Just to be clear, there are two main issues with the 160 v4...the fet temp AND the current (mah used) issue, correct? Like i said earlier, i can totally live without fet temp but my main focus is on having the mah used read correctly (or even somewhat correctly) but at least in the ballpark and consistent from flight to flight. I expect an imot shunt adjustment will be needed but my mah used readings were severly inaccurate. Is the current (mah used) issue something Hobbywing will be addressing also? Or should i give up hope of having mah used telemetry on the 160a v4? (TM1000 xbus)
Old 09-19-2016, 01:38 AM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well..

tFET: HW says: The temperature is accurate. It isn't. It is about 10°C too low, a bit more at cold start.

Current: Generally and expected, it is not very accurate but systematically off, thus generally curable by ImotShunt. With the 160A (hopefully not w/ the 200A as well) it is different: off by far.

HW must look for it, for both, - together with me. I cannot be sure that there is not a misunderstanding between us. Their problem currently is, one of their pilots has the JLog.

I guess they are waiting to get the JLog back.

Everything will be fixed, I'm sure.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:12 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still no news from hobbywing?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk
Joeribar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #185 (permalink)
HSC
Registered Users

Hello too everyone !

I plane too hook Jlog2 ( I have one few years sitting and colecting dirt ) with HW 200 Platinum V4 and Jeti system...

I have instaled configurator JLC 7 i ges, but I can not find firmvare for Jlog, i have no idea wich one soo confused ...

Also wiering scheme would bee werry welcomed....

Help please...

Regards
Old 09-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

JLog 2, not 2.5 or 2.6?

Firmware for JLog2 (2.0), JETI + HWv4

Wiring: HWv4's signal goes to JLog's "JIVE port". This port is atypical pin assigned (because the data port of the old JIVE is), "signal pin" is the centre one. Simply put: "plus" and "signal" switch places. JLog is also power supplied through this port - either from the BEC of the ESC or from another source:

JLog 2.0: Keep in mind not to exceed the maximum supply voltage of 6.0V!

JETI telemetry connection should be clear... JLog 2.0:

Old 09-27-2016, 11:23 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the second image? Or for what?

Old 09-27-2016, 03:00 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

HSC said that he use an old JLog2 (2.0). It's Molex socket "COM" is the port used for JETI telemetry.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay thanks! So what parameters are working correctly for now with the jlog 2.6 and hobbywing 160a v4

Old 09-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everything Except FET temp and current (mah used). So basically RPM and voltage are working correctly with the 160a v4 (Tom, please correct me if i am wrong). Hobbywing is slacking big time with a fresh firmware update to remedy the issues with the 160, very unfortunate...again, correct me if i am wrong. My 160a v4 paired with jlog is pretty much useless at this point...i stole my last tm1000 from my last jlog equipped electric heli to use in my new nitro, i have abandoned the thought of jlog on the 160a until things get straightened out with new firmwares from hobbywing. I am starting to think maybe its more than just a firmware issue and is possibly deeply rooted in the hardware of the 160a v4..which surely is a much harder fix than a new firmware release. I sure hope not. Maybe thinking about downgrading to a 130a v4, they are working fine with jlog as i understand.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:43 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well..., getting no email response from HW currently. May be my point person is off for holidays..
I could try to correct values for the current upwards in JLog's firmware.. Only, I don't know if this is a linear offset. Cannot test it here currently because my motor test stand does not allow high current (above 20 amps). The load is too weak.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #192 (permalink)
HSC
Registered Users

Default J log2

Hello Tom!

First thanx for all the help and schematics...
I hooked like I say jlog2, HW200 and jeti...
And it seems it works, moste or less...
While operation I have noticed that HW200 only sending the data too jlog ( leds blinking on jlog)when the motor is running ( in fact only over 15000 rpm, I have 4 pole motor)
Is this normal ? Or is again some bug in HW ?
Old 09-30-2016, 04:11 AM   #193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi (Petr?)!

Originally the ESC's have not sent any data at motor standstill, during commutation only. V3 does it, V4 did it originally too (and the KingKong III Pro does it btw also).

Then it has been changed, data update at motor standstill as well. Currently the firmware for some V4 models does not send data w/o commutation. That will be changed by HW, actually promised for early September..

Look here (page bottom)
For example the 160A: version 04 updates at standstill as well - whereas the newer version 05 does not.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:59 AM   #194 (permalink)
HSC
Registered Users

Andej hear, Hello Again...

I have installed PL200-04.0.04 ( jlog suport )

Is this one korect?.... or should I install "03", some TXE stuf something...

I have seen in the letter you have maked with red TXE stuff ( for 160 and 130)

Regards
Old 09-30-2016, 05:20 AM   #195 (permalink)
Registered Users

04 is the right one for the 160A currently and I guess for 200A as well. "TXE" has nothing to do with JLog..

My HW point person just awakened to life (email). He is on holiday yet.

Just looking for a matching new load for my motor stand. I think 3x3 of these will be good, at least better than the 3x1 0.6 Ohm 50 watts I have currently. That needs a much bigger heatsink.., and I disposed surely 500..1000 kg of electronic waste during our current move...
Old 10-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #196 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread and I have some questions.

1. It is my understanding that all HW Platinum v4 series have current sensors except v4 60A version which does not and will not have one. Does anyone have any info on what type of sensor each one of these ESCs have? Does it matter? Here's the ESC list:

- 80A V4
- 120A V4
- HV 130A V4
- HV 130A OPTO V4
- HV 160A V4
- HV 200A OPTO V4

2. It is my understanding that v4 160A ESC has problems with the accuracy of temperature and current readings (hopefully a firmware bug). v4 130A appears to work as expected. What about the rest of them, any issues with the accuracy? I need my mAh consumption to be spot on, that is the reason why I am asking

3. jgiannakas has reported that the values below can be read from the v4 ESCs using JLog and displayed on the Spektrum DX9 using TM1000 (this is my setup as well):

RPM
% throttle signal
% motor power output
Amps current, min and max
Amps used (cumulative)
Flight pack voltage
FETs temperature (ESC FET)

Are you able to set the alarm for mAh used with this JLog telemetry? I know you can do it with the original Spektrum SPMA9605 current sensor.

Thank you all for your input
delfin2003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2016, 05:06 PM   #197 (permalink)
Registered Users

Type of current sensor? No clue, guess it's a shunt resistor.

Accuracy is not that of a measuring instrument, - quite normal, as always.
Each copy deviates a bit different.
No problem, for that we have "ImotShunt" in Jlog to "calibrate". "Calibration normal" is our battery charger.

http://j-log.eu/jlog-in-funktion/sen...ng-platinum-v4
Quote:
Data Items

ESC…………………………………………..JLog + derived items
battery voltage………………………………..Ubat, Ubat alarm
current………………………………………..Imot, Imot integrated, mAh, mAh alarm, ImotMax, power, power integrated
throttle………………………………………..throttle 0..100%
PWM…………………………………………PWM 0..100%
RPM………………………………………….rpmMotor, rpmRotor
FET temperature…………………………….tFET, tFET alarm
Caps temperature……………………………temp-lowESRcaps
SPEKTRUM telemetry w/ JLog: http://j-log.eu/jlog-in-funktion/telemetrie/spektrum
Set the mAh alarm threshold in the SPEKTRUM display:
Old 10-16-2016, 05:14 PM   #198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Tom! I will be waiting for a JLog 3 release as it seems to be imminent. Can't wait to get my hands on one!
delfin2003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2016, 02:16 AM   #199 (permalink)
HSC
Registered Users

Hello Tom !

Do you have any news for update HW 160 /200 ?

Regards
Old 10-21-2016, 07:03 PM   #200 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing yet.

My source of information currently is the same as you have. No movement to be seen.

Two(?) weeks ago my point person at HW came back to life. He is (was?) on holiday. He repeated his statement: "Our temperature measurement is ok."
Cannot confirm that. Only, it may be that my parameter interpretation is wrong. Originally the only data at motor standstill, - there're 7 parameters, to be used in the processing of received data items (re-calculations on these values). The formula for the temperature has never been clear to me. Several times I've asked for enlightenment... My understanding of it, my implementation works with all other HW4.

Current: He said that they will look after it. When?...

I'm currently doing the final testing on S32, debugging. The mentioned parameter sets are different for each type of HW4. So, this is a fingerprint I can use to identify the type.... as long as HW does not change them w/o notice..

I did that for the 160A and the 60A model:
- 160A: temperature and current are corrected automatically. Btw, the temperature is not off by minus 10°C than 17.
. 60A: The voltage measurement was off a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in