Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bearing Size Help

Hello everyone and happy summer dog day evening to all! I was just rebuilding my Blade 450 Helicopter when I suddenly stumped upon a problem I think im going to have with my 400 as well.
The problem is that im trying to figure out what size bearing goes into the chassis that support the top and bottom of the tail gear drive pully. In the Blade 4503D manual it states that its a 3x6x2.5 bearing but those bearings feel awfully too small and loose to be the right size bearings. I then went on ahead to search the exploded view/diagram of the Blade 400 and realized that the manual doesn't specify the size of those bearings.
If anyone can tell me the size of the proper size bearings for the tail gear drive pulley that would be great! Thanks in advance!
Usman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2015, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't answer for the 450 3d, but that is the correct size for the 400.

I just checked the Horizon sit and it does in fact specify that size for the 450 3D. P/N BLH1115.

Hope this helps
MiataJohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, yeah I got it figured out, its a different size bearing for the 4503d, 3x7x3.
Pretty soon I plan on getting a castle lite 50 amp ESC for my blade 400 to have as a replacement for the stock esc to use with my upgraded eflite 450 motor and hitec 5065 servos.
When I get the ESC will I need to do anything special? If I get the programming card, what settings should I play particular attention to in order to make sure I have things right with the new esc and servos. I plan on seeing a huge improvement!
Usman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You won't need a prog card. Just programme it using the Tx collective stick - it's all in the instructions for the ESC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in