Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 500 ESP Flybarrless with 3GX Problems

Hi Guys.

I am picking up a very strange problem with my flybarrless heli. I installed a new 3GX unit on the heli and did the setup to the book. Test flew the heli two or three times and she flew like a dream. The next day when i flew her she hovered fine but the moment i put her in flight mode, the left pitch servo pulls down and the heli goes to one side, with some skill i could save her with correcting in the opposite direction. i Then checked dservo operation which was fine and tested correction directions which was also fine. i then took off in normal mode as usuall and then again as i put it in flight mode it did it again, landing again with some bobbing and weaving from side to side i decided to re initialise the whole system. did it and again the same problem. Even when taking off in flight mode. After doing this about 3 times it just stopped, then one can change from normal to flight mode and back again, no problems, stable as a rock. Now every time when a new battery is installed, it does it 2 or 3 times and then she's fine. I also went onto the net, got the newer version 2 Software and firmware and updated the units firmware also. Re did the setup. Checked directions and corrections and still the same thing. Only does it once or twice that you save it just just from disaster then you can fly with no problems. This really is a strange problem and have never seen this.

also i just want to add, i have cleared my model on the remote, setup a whole other model on the remote and re binded the heli and still the same thing. Checked also that no mixing is enabled.
Morne1312 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

check you dont have any trim in the different flight modes on the radio
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Send it in for repair gets my vote.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ditch the 3GX! It is a POS!
Get a good flybarless system!
AMA #969521
billmjam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmjam View Post
Ditch the 3GX! It is a POS!
Get a good flybarless system!
3gx is good for a paper weight!

Slow & Steady!
nmdesertracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have any trims based on flight condition (normal vs idle up)?

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

In a FB sistem, no and I think you shouldnt in FBL because the sistem sense the trim as a stick input and it is the mission of the FBL unit to stabilise the helicopter, so triming is meaningless.
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Guys.

No I have no sub trim or any trims on this heli and none also in idle up
Old 05-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morne1312 View Post
Hi Guys.

I may have encountered this twice. The first was on the bench when I first installed the 3GX, I was setting normal/reverse and swash mixing to get the servos to work correctly. My left side servo would not move and was stuck all the was down. I powercycled the 3GX once if I reacall and it was good to go.

The last time was a few weeks ago. I had just updated to v2 firmware. I did a full setup, including checking the swash level at L/M/H and it was 100%. I went to do a test flight and upoun liftoff it hovered left. I was able to react fast enough and slammed it on the ground with no damage. Tried it once more and it did it agian. I did a test spoolup and noticed the disk tilting left, gave it some right stick and still it went back left.

I took the head off and entered DIR mode and to my suprise, the left servo was way low at mid stisk, even though just a few hours earlier it was checked and dead on.

I resorted to doing a clearing of my profile in my DX7, rebinding and doing a setup again. That seems to have solved it.

I wonder if maybe this is an indicator of a malfunctioning 3GX.
torpedoarmed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still would send it in if it keeps acting like it has a gremlin. One out if control heli can do a lot to your wallet.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morne1312 View Post
Hi Guys.

Then how did you level the swash?
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd27858 View Post
I still would send it in if it keeps acting like it has a gremlin. One out if control heli can do a lot to your wallet.
Just wating for the new VBAR
torpedoarmed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also did the same, cleared the model on my heli and re created the model on a total diffrent model, upgraded to V2, re binded, re did the setup but it still does the same
Old 05-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoarmed View Post
I may have encountered this twice. The first was on the bench when I first installed the 3GX, I was setting normal/reverse and swash mixing to get the servos to work correctly. My left side servo would not move and was stuck all the was down. I powercycled the 3GX once if I reacall and it was good to go.

The last time was a few weeks ago. I had just updated to v2 firmware. I did a full setup, including checking the swash level at L/M/H and it was 100%. I went to do a test flight and upoun liftoff it hovered left. I was able to react fast enough and slammed it on the ground with no damage. Tried it once more and it did it agian. I did a test spoolup and noticed the disk tilting left, gave it some right stick and still it went back left.

I took the head off and entered DIR mode and to my suprise, the left servo was way low at mid stisk, even though just a few hours earlier it was checked and dead on.

I resorted to doing a clearing of my profile in my DX7, rebinding and doing a setup again. That seems to have solved it.

I wonder if maybe this is an indicator of a malfunctioning 3GX.
I also cleared the model on my remote, re did a whole new model, setup , re binded but still the same thing
Old 05-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet View Post
Then how did you level the swash?
I was very very lucky that the horns on the servo's fit perfectly that i didnt need any sub trims to get the servo horns at 90 and all the links to the swash are exact same length so the swash leveling tool sat perfectly on the swash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in