Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > nano QX

nano QX Blade nano QX Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Constant yaw, nano qx and dx5e

At work tonight flying my quad and out of nowhere it starts spinning to the left like mad in mid flight. I changed rotors, checked for fuzz in the motors, nothing worked. So when I got home, I binded it to my buddies DX5E (SAME CONTROLLER AS MINE), and she flies like a dream. This tells me I did something to, or the controller went whacky on its own. Any help is greatly appreciated . Anyone else seen this? Thanks in advance, Smitty
Bigsmitty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Constant yaw, nano qx and dx5e

Was any trim suddenly set? Did you change flight modes (red/blue) during the flight? Is it still messed up flying with yours?

Sent using Tapatalk.
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No, I reset all trims and made sure I was still in stability mode on all flights. There's def something wrong with the controller, as every quad i tried to fly with it repeated the problem.I called Horizon and they had me send it in. Its only a month old. Thanks for the suggestions though, they are much appreciated. Now I wait
Bigsmitty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm new at quad copter, and just got one today. My quad was flying real funky after changing batteries. One motor wouldn't even spin! I realized that after plugging in a battery, I was holding the unit in my hand while it was calibrating the gyro. That caused it to fly crazy and not respond correctly. Now I know to put the unit on a flat surface immediately after plugging in. Flies butter smooth now.
Hope this helps.
zixxerluv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like a fool I put my 350QX in "Insane Mode", I mean "Agility Mode" and promptly crashed it. Just finished with the body replacement, re-did all the binding calibrations and also the manual calibration. It will not hold position nor direction, constant yaw to the left until it crashes! Grrrrr.
theclarks_2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got a new Dx5e back from HH. They never did say what the problem was but the new one is working great. I picked up a DX6i while I waited though, so my buddy got the 5e for his 180 qx. The 6i is working out great for all three of my quads, (nano, 180, and 350 qx) and now I'm rockin stagility mode!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmitty View Post
Just got a new Dx5e back from HH. They never did say what the problem was but the new one is working great. I picked up a DX6i while I waited though, so my buddy got the 5e for his 180 qx. The 6i is working out great for all three of my quads, (nano, 180, and 350 qx) and now I'm rockin stagility mode!
Your potentiometer popped open. This is a common problem. If you had taken the face off and checked, you would have seen it simply needed to be "snapped" back together.

EXACT same thing happened on my friends DX6i and he babies that thing. In fact, the exact same potentiometer popped open on him as you too!

Don't worry for future reference, its a 5 minute fix and nothing breaks it just pops apart and pops back together in a jiff!
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads up! Good to know! I have since watched a bunch of vids on how to open it up, and fix things. Pretty simple. Honestly? I'm kind of glad it happened because my addiction kicked into overdrive with no Radio, so I bought the DX6i and love it! Thanks again for the input bud.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmitty View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Good to know! I have since watched a bunch of vids on how to open it up, and fix things. Pretty simple. Honestly? I'm kind of glad it happened because my addiction kicked into overdrive with no Radio, so I bought the DX6i and love it! Thanks again for the input bud.
No problem. Wish I had caught your post sooner but I'm only on here weekly at best some months.

The dx7s+ use better parts, shared all the way up to dx10/18.

The dx6i is everything you will ever need for flying a heli, including a 6th channel for tail gain or 6 channel helicopters in the future. No buyers remorse either as its set at a VERY good price for what you get. If you "upgrade" in the future I urge you to look into Chinese clone models that can offer even better bang for your buck over a dx8, plus they come with fancier LED displays or even CRT/OLED displays in some cases.

Many, many people have several DX6i and yes they're very easy to fix on your own, not that they break that often either to be honest.

I use a DX7s with an internal antenae mod, and no screws holding it together (the rubber grips hold it together 100% anyway) so that I can easily pull it apart on the spot if I ever have an issue. Stowing a backup antenae and small tool to install a new one inside your transmitter can be very beneficial in the future. The antenae is likely the only thing you will ever break, if you drop it or adjust it constantly.

The DX6i is a very "pro" transmitter. It will do anything the bigger boys do. You made a good choice for your first real transmitter. Now put it in a case before you end up getting it completely dusty inside just sitting around on a table or something, this will extend its life into the decades. Also, be careful about leaving batteries sitting inside of it for months on end. When its being stored make sure to have quality cells in it, and take them out for longer storage times to prevent contact corrosion. A chocolate bar can polish the contacts in a pinch if you ever find a battery has leaked all over them. There's nothing wrong with cheap batteries, unless you leave them in the transmitter where they tend to leak if they get 20 degrees above or below 70F. If using cheap cells, I suggest you NEVER leave them in the transmitter when storing it for any duration of time, even just over night. For a lot of people, a set of cells lasts much longer than is healthy to leave them in the transmitter. Quality cells will probably be your best bet since you won't be burning through them that fast.
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in