Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mixing base binds with the rotor housing, how to fix?

Hi, on my T-REX 700N 3G, What are the correct settings for the mixing base assembly collar in terms of hight and the allignment? As per the manual, it says the space between the main rotor housing base and the collar should be around 10.8mm and the collar should be horizontally vertical. If I go for this config, on full pitch 13 and full ALE and ELE around 12, the ball link on the swash binds with the screw of the mixing base collar. How can I avoid this? Should I move the collar a little on right but the rods coming in from the main blade grips won't be 90 degree. Would this change the flight characteristics?

Thanks.
Goni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are the swash driver arms horizontal at 0° collective?

If you have the shorter main shaft, the swash driver will be pretty much butted up against the bottom of the rotor hub.

If you offset the swash driver your rotorhead phasing will be incorrect causing aileron/elevator interaction - so no you can't do that.

If you post a picture of the rotor head at 0° collective it may help to see what you have done wrong.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goni View Post
Hi, on my T-REX 700N 3G, What are the correct settings for the mixing base assembly collar in terms of hight and the allignment? As per the manual, it says the space between the main rotor housing base and the collar should be around 10.8mm and the collar should be horizontally vertical. If I go for this config, on full pitch 13 and full ALE and ELE around 12, the ball link on the swash binds with the screw of the mixing base collar. How can I avoid this? Should I move the collar a little on right but the rods coming in from the main blade grips won't be 90 degree. Would this change the flight characteristics?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroboFreak View Post
Are the swash driver arms horizontal at 0° collective?

If you have the shorter main shaft, the swash driver will be pretty much butted up against the bottom of the rotor hub.

If you offset the swash driver your rotorhead phasing will be incorrect causing aileron/elevator interaction - so no you can't do that.

If you post a picture of the rotor head at 0° collective it may help to see what you have done wrong.
HiroboFreak is on the right path here . Which main shaft are you using ? , the 3G setup was with the original 700N long shaft, if you're using the FBL main, then the distance between the mixing arms and the head housing is 2mm. . What ever you do, do not offset the swash driver.

Pictures of the head at 0 pitch, full up and full down would help, include the swash and bellcranks in the pics.

Team GrandRC
ualdrivr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
trex 700 3d trex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in