Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cx2 inner shaft

Why all of a sudden is my inner shaft to long. i am using all the aluminum eflite parts.I have run these parts before. Had it apart to find a wobble. Going back together, When the inner shaft sets on the bearing retainer on top of outer shaft the inner shaft is goes through the bottom gear so far you can't get a battery in it. What am i missing??? I haven't seen this heli in 5 years. When I set the shaft to be square with the bottom of the gear it is off the bearing retainer by 1/2 inch. So the second you set it down the shaft fall to bearing retainer and the pinion and gear are no longer meshed, gear falls below pinion.
mackelby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi mackelby! Did the bearing happen to fall out of the retainer? I just worked on mine and can't remember, but are are the top feathering shaft and the part that hold the balance bar all one piece? Is the part with the feathering shaft missing? And I'm probably using feathering shaft wrong, not sure if that is on a coaxial heli, but I'm talking about the part where the top blades fit. Is that missing? Hope that helps, you're probably just over looking something. Any pictures?
MoreRadioThanSkills is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I will check for bearing, I am sure it is there because the brass washer is stuck to it. I will try my hand at some pictures tonite. I am torn between more upgrades or buying the 120sr.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't have the set screw secure that holds the top blades on the inner shaft. Apparently when I pulled it all apart I lifted the aluminum piece a little, thus making the shaft to long. Back in business.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear you are good to go.
MoreRadioThanSkills is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now I have TBE REALLY REALLY bad. Might buy a new fly bar. I have adjusted the fly bar till I am blue in the face, didn't help. Bought a 200 SRX the other day. Didn't take long to need parts for that one. FRAGILE!
Old 08-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bought a 200 SRX myself, going back to the hobby shop tomorrow to find out why the tail motor doesnt work all the time. Finally was able to get it set up in y DX7 after spending time on the phone with Horizon, and the tail only works if I give it right rudder. I heard these tail motors were problems, but I was expecting to get a few flights in before I had problems. I'll be fixing my CX2 tomorrow also, think I bent the inner shaft. By the way, what is TBE?
Old 08-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Toilet bowl effect. But my TBE is backwards. The circle gets bigger and bigger.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in