Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Another new 12000 kv Tailmotor, new 14000 kv Main, new 45 - 90 C batteries

HK is active:

12000 kv Heckmotor
(seems not to be the same as 12000 kv Hawk tailmotor - which I like very much)

And a new 14000 kv Main

Und neue 45 - 90 C 300 mAh batteries:

I use the crap-cheap "old" 300 mAh for SP 100 in my "weak" mCP x with good success, price much cheaper as the mCP x 300 mAh Turnigies

Lets try ... (at least the tail motor and some batteries ).

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Coool, also ordered the tailmotor and some of these lipos. Wonder if they will go at least with the weaker BL-Mods (HP05 maybe?)...
felice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by felice View Post
Coool, also ordered the tailmotor and some of these lipos. Wonder if they will go at least with the weaker BL-Mods (HP05 maybe?)...
They will - I fly the "weaker, older" 35 - 70c Turnigy Nanotech 300 for SP 100 in my HP05s/HP02t mCP x and in my TurboAce 91413/AEO C05s mCP x - - they do well (no difference to the much more expensive Turnigy Nanotech 300 for mCP x).
Only cut the side parts of the plugs - and you can use the battery without changing plugs! Take care of polarity (I made a colour mark and a little bit of epoxy on one side so that it is not possible to plug it with wrong polarity).

Walter
Old 09-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should work good with the HP05, assuming they are more powerful that the 35c 300s . Would be a better match for this motor though:
http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...ck-dragon-bd-4
motoracer5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been running the "old" solo pro 35C Nano's in my HP05 8T heli running 2g walkera bl tail motor and trimmed (58mm) plant prop. 3:10 3d with Micro deans. AUW 49g.

I've also used them many times in my HP08 10t heli and they still perform like new and oly come down slightly more than warm. Had alot better luck with these cells than the original Mcpx Nanos that faded quite quickly even when only used in a co5m heli with 7mm tail. Perhaps they just used very poor quality connectors on the initial batches??

I'd really like to see some sized well for the high power mcpx's. Imo 15g Hyp 550's are good but I'd much prefer a 10g 400mah that still fits lg.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered some of the new HK MCPX 45C lipos to see if they are any good, and found that with a buddycode you can get them rather cheap (50% off).
bj893 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll pass on the BL stuff and support some fellow helifreaks

I know they would test the products before shipping and treat me right while not taking a whole month to ship out the order from china

I'll try the battery tho next time my buddy orders from HK. I'd like to convert to micro deans...
nickypoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

This buddy-code stuff has become so complicated now

Only one item with buddycode per order and only using the code one time and only being able to order 3 batteries...

Good old times ordering 18 Turnigy 300 mAh for mCP x for 1.96 each or 15 Turnigy 300 mAh for SP 100 for 1.7 each

Anyway, I will try those - but in fact I would not need more 300 mAh batteries

New stuff has to be tried.

Very curious about the tail motor, ... (why did I buy 2 Hawk and 2 HP03t and AEO C05s and and...??? - only have 4 - 5 mCP x).
Oh - NanoCpx is coming and preordered - thats what I will need the stuff for in future (hopefully)

Walter
Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

They also have the brushless esc's there for just over $20. Brutal prices.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info, and I just pulled trigger on all these. I did not think I would go BL tail or need any more 300mah batteries, but at these prices, it's really tempting.
aldenyuan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does someone got already the tail motor?

Tell us about it! I've got the HawkRC 12000KV Tailmotor on my HP06V2 and it runs better then ever!!! But if I could get the same Power for 12 bucks...
freakystylez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got it

But the motor is in Vienna, and I am not...
I can give a review in about two weeks.

BTW:
The motor is actually out of stock at HK store - so many pilots should have bought it.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=25436

Where are the reviews and reports of those pilots?

Walter
Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my order from HK yesterday, and put the tail on my V2 bird last night (BTW, thanks Craig for fixing my V2 board). Here's my mini review of the tail motor after a couple of test flights:

1. The shaft is neither 0.8mm nor 1mm, maybe somewhere in between. The stock tail rotor is extremely tight to get on, and the plantraco prop is more than slipping on it. Interestingly, the 4G3 tail rotor is a nice fit, and judging by this and its look, I'd consider this motor is the same one that Hawk-RC carries. In the end, I CA'ed my plantraco prop on.

2. It requires a 7mm tail motor mount, and it's slipping inside the 7mm tail mount that Dylan carries. Since I don't have any RKH or MH 7mm mount that Hawk-RC recommends, I drilled a little hole from the rear of Dylan's 7mm mount and put a little screw to secure it. It worked very nicely and have survived 3 "minor" crashes so far (yeah, 3 crashes out of 5 batteries, I'm that good).

3. Tail hold is very good, but I have no idea about its potential, giving my limited skills. I did not change my 100-50-100 TC setup for 70% governed head speed on HP05s with 8T during the tests. Pitch pumps were rock solid. Most of my flights are simple sports flying with occasional loops, flips, rolls, rainbows, funnels and inverted hovering, the tail held flawlessly in all the maneuvers I can pull off.

4. I forgot to put the motor on a scale before setting it up, so I don't know how much it weights. CoG is slightly off towards the end comparing to the OverSky 7mm tail motor on the exact same boom and tail mount. Considering the OverSky 7mm motor is 2.9g, I think the spec of this BL tail motor is accurate on HK's website, which indicates it weights 3.2g.

5. I don't own any Hawk 12k kv tail motor or HP03t, so no comparison to those. The entire design looks similar to a HP03t, so I will get some HP03t shafts to try, as I am certain that I will bend the shaft in no time.

Edited:
Just a side note, the motor wire is very long. I have a 155mm shaft to shaft tail setup, and I had to route the wire all the way into the canopy and turn back to connect the XP3a at the back of the 3in1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5325.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	353641   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5328.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	353642  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Aldenyuan,
Thanks for the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenyuan View Post

2. It requires a 7mm tail motor mount, and it's slipping inside the 7mm tail mount that Dylan carries. Since I don't have any RKH or MH 7mm mount that Hawk-RC recommends, I drilled a little hole from the rear of Dylan's 7mm mount and put a little screw to secure it. It worked very nicely and have survived 3 "minor" crashes so far (yeah, 3 crashes out of 5 batteries, I'm that good).
It is exactly the same with the Hawk 12000 kv tailmotor - and I did the same, drill a little hole in Dylans 7 mm tail motor mount and use a screw to fix the motor - easy mod.

Walter
Old 09-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Edited:
Just a side note, the motor wire is very long. I have a 155mm shaft to shaft tail setup, and I had to route the wire all the way into the canopy and turn back to connect the XP3a at the back of the 3in1.
The same in the Hawk motor.
Wires very nice and long - and covered (all length) by a very nice shrink (rubber?) insulation.
Is this the same with the Hobbyking 12000 kv tail motor?

Walter
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
The same in the Hawk motor.
Wires very nice and long - and covered (all length) by a very nice shrink (rubber?) insulation.
Is this the same with the Hobbyking 12000 kv tail motor?

Walter
Yeah, a black shrink/rubber type of insulation covers the entire length. That's actually why I did not shorten it, it looks nice and I don't want to cut the wires inside by accident.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah, a black shrink/rubber type of insulation covers the entire length. .
So probably really the same motor as the Hawk 12000 kv for half of the price

I will compare next weekend and verify, when I will be back at home in Vienna.

Walter
Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
So probably really the same motor as the Hawk 12000 kv for half of the price

I will compare next weekend and verify, when I will be back at home in Vienna.

Walter
Hi Walter, any chance that you tested yours? I recently ran into a weird problem, the tail randomly stopped working mid flight. This has happened 3 times, first was during a pitch pump, second was during a stationary slow piro about 40 meters above ground, the third was today during a FF figure 8. The tail worked perfectly fine right after each crash, and it never happens no matter how hard I try at bench.

I suspect connection issues or cold soldering joints. I re-flowed all soldering joints on the XP3a prior to the 3rd crash. Too bad I don't have another XP3a or BL tail to pin-point the issue.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tested the HK 12000 on my HP06V2 and the tail was verry bad !!!

Not the same as the one from Hawk Creation!!!

- got tail wags
- tail din't hold on pumps
- much too smoove

It's defenetly not the same motor!

But it should be fine working on HP05s, but didn't test it already.
freakystylez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did not really test it so far.
Have made a test with a new Spin 16300 main and Hawk 12000 and HP03t 8500 tail - both work very well.
Crashed and cracked the Xtreme frame - so could not test the tail with the HK 12000 - tested it in a HP05s mCP x and it worked fine.

I will send Infos.

Made some pics for comparative purposes last week:
Hawk 12000 always left (1 mm axis), Hobbyking 12000 kv right (0.8 mm axis).

Walter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in