Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Futaba Radios

2.4G Futaba Radios Futaba 2.4G Radio Help and support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Align gyro & Futaba 7C

Hi guys,
can anybody help, trying to set up the align GP750 gyro with the 520 servo on my Futaba 7C tx, I cannot seem to get it to work properly, the servo either oscillates, goes mad or is very sluggish and doesnt centre. Maybe the tx settings are not right although I have inhibited this but doesnt help. Anybody got any ideas, I cannot centre the servo and proceed until I get this sorted.
Thanks Rob
Crashbash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is how the GP750 acts when it isn't getting a proper gain signal. Make sure the gain wire is plugged in correctly, and that you are sending a number other than zero for the gain channel. To set the center, you can plug the servo directly into the rudder channel on the receiver (temp. remove gyro) and then you can find where to put the servo horn.

This isn't a problem with your radio. It's the GP 750 acting funny when the gain signal is at center. Or possibly you have swapped the gain and rudder channels. Is the green light on?
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks, that was quick, I put the gain settings both to zero as I thought that may help but the gyro is inhibited in the tx . Also the 3 way swictch (E) makes the gyro do different things all not right. will try again after I eat something
Thanks Rob
Old 11-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No luck,
These are the settings in my tx gyro menu
Gyro (sw E)
UP> N 50%
CT> N 50%
DN> N 50%
Gyro > ON
SW> E
MODE> GY
The 3 positions on switch E do not make any difference, the servo moves but does not stay at the centre position but creeps. When I move the rudder stick the green light on the gyro flickers.The plugs in the rx seem ok, bare copper pins showing towards the green light.
Hope anybody can help.
Rob
Old 11-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You need to try numbers other than 50% I think. Do the numbers go from 0 to 100, or from -100 to +100 ?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,
the numbers go from 0 to 100 but when you get down to zero the N changes to A ?
Checked all connections had to undo all the previous tidy work
this has been copied from Futaba

When you go into the GYRO menu, use the Down cursor key to get to the second page, here you will see, MODE: GY setting is for heading hold/AVCS gyros - the GY series gyros from Futaba. STD mode has 0 to +100 also allowing for 1/2% increments. The GY programming acknowledges that left of center to 0 is 100 to 0 AVCS/HH (You will see the A beside the word Up and Down, and right of center is 0 to 100 normal mode (you will see the N beside the word Up and Down).
Any Clues here
Rob
Old 11-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like you have something plugged in wrong. Gyro goes to rudder output.

Also, in heading hold mode, the servo will not return to center, this is normal. Movement of the servo should be smooth though, when you move the stick, if you aren't moving the helicopter.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tried altering the settings in the tx, I can get the servo to work somewhat but it wont centre as soon as I let go of the stick, it creeps back slowly. Also wont work in non head holding at all.
Rob
Old 11-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Keep in mind that when using a gyro, you don't have direct control over the servo. The gyro decides what to do - your command is not interpreted as a servo position, it is seen as a requested rotation rate.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,Found the problem, err errrrrrrrrrrrrr plugged in the wrong way to the rx cannot believe I did that, any way I found some settings on one of the forums for the gain to get me started and they seem ok so far. Thanks for your help
Rob
Old 11-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hehe... so I got it in the first post... not bad

You'll need to fly and test the behavior to further adjust the gain. Ideally, as you raise the number, you'll find a point where the tail wags forcefully - when you find that point, just back off the gain a little bit to stop the wagging. Basically, you want the gain as high as possible without causing tail wags. The GP750 tends to like lower gain values than the GY401, so it's possible that the 50% will be too high, but you have to fly to figure it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in