Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #301 (permalink)
The man behind CHC

Default Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink 182 View Post
Please tell me someone will be deep frying hot wings there
Blink I'm glad I got to know you!!! You rock blink!

I have mad love for you man!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #302 (permalink)
Registered Users

For those of us that live a little too far away, and don't have the financial resources to attend what is sure to be an awesome event, could you guys please post lots of pics and videos so we can at least "feel like" we were there.

I wish Will had the time and resources to have 2 HF events each year. Somewhere in the eastern part of the U.S. would be great. My wife has family in KY and N.C. that we visit several times a year. Be nice to go visit family and attend a HF fun fly all at the same time.

Post those pics and videos guys.

I don't need the latest and greatest. I just need more time to fly what I have.
Align 450 Sport V2, Gaui 200, Gaui 425 x 2, "HeadHunter 500, Gaui 550, all Flybar'd

Jerrymac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #303 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrymac View Post
For those of us that live a little too far away, and don't have the financial resources to attend what is sure to be an awesome event, could you guys please post lots of pics and videos so we can at least "feel like" we were there.

I wish Will had the time and resources to have 2 HF events each year. Somewhere in the eastern part of the U.S. would be great. My wife has family in KY and N.C. that we visit several times a year. Be nice to go visit family and attend a HF fun fly all at the same time.

I'll be taking my dslr and taking hundreds of pics a day probably. I will probably be taking more pics then I will be flying
Old 09-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #304 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:

I more than likely wont be flying at all since I am combining a business trip the week before (yes, for those of you paying attention, it was the week AFTER, but it move to the week before the HF Funfly). I MAY take something small to play with (MCPx or MQx). Either way, I will take LOTS of pictures and post them up!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #305 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:

There is always hope for next year. I WAY over spent at IRCHA have a HUGE CC bill, leaving for the LMAC Event tomorrow and then our SOCAL Event Sept 29, (we have to spend a couple days of setup time with the Palomar R/C Flyers club to get ready). We will see, I have a lot of money owed to me as well so if I actually get paid... hope to....

Shitty economy hurts all of us. I will do my best to have something this way. I need to meet with some good CD's on this side of the country and find the right venue to hold the event before I even consider having an event here. I probably have time to save up, just not sure when but I promise to try!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #306 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSpawn78 View Post
I'll be taking my dslr and taking hundreds of pics a day probably. I will probably be taking more pics then I will be flying
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #307 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfrog View Post
I will take LOTS of pictures and post them up!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #308 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just so everyone knows my name Aaron Smith i will be flying the ElyQ's!!! Please come by my canopy and say hello!! looking forward to meeting new people! I cant wait to feel the BITE of the california air on my blades again!!! I live at 7000 feet 12 degrees here feels like 16 there i love it!!!!

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #309 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Raffle Sponsor list is growing! Up to 17 now. You guys are going to LOVE some of the incredible things we have been given to give away. Bigger than last year already. Yea Baby Yea!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #310 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
There is always hope for next year. I WAY over spent at IRCHA have a HUGE CC bill, leaving for the LMAC Event tomorrow and then our SOCAL Event Sept 29, (we have to spend a couple days of setup time with the Palomar R/C Flyers club to get ready). We will see, I have a lot of money owed to me as well so if I actually get paid... hope to....

Shitty economy hurts all of us. I will do my best to have something this way. I need to meet with some good CD's on this side of the country and find the right venue to hold the event before I even consider having an event here. I probably have time to save up, just not sure when but I promise to try!
Thank you Will for even considering it. I am certain that it takes a great deal of time and money to put an event like this together. I will be looking forward to it someday if you can find a way to make it happen.

Until then, I hope you guys all have a great time at the HF fun fly.

I don't need the latest and greatest. I just need more time to fly what I have.
Align 450 Sport V2, Gaui 200, Gaui 425 x 2, "HeadHunter 500, Gaui 550, all Flybar'd

Jerrymac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #311 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post

An east coast event would cut at least a day of driving time off the trip for me vs. west coast.

I gotta quit reading this thread. It's making me feel sad that I can't be there, but life gets in the way sometimes.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #312 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
I gotta quit reading this thread. It's making me feel sad that I can't be there, but life gets in the way sometimes.
Well, if it makes you feel any better Alan, it's almost as tough for me to make it and it's only 2-3 hours away from where I'm at. Life definitely gets in the way sometimes but hopefully we get to look forward to seeing you next year perhaps? If I can ever peel the CC out of my wife's cold, dead fingers, I'll likely put in for an IRCHA trip next year or some other distant trip other than So-Cal or AZ. I love it around here, but it would be nice to go see different parts of the country again.

FWIW, if anyone shows up without a machine and gets the itch to fly something larger than an MCPX if that's all you can manage, I'm pretty liberal with Buddy-boxing on any of my machines, anytime! Last year I think I got to take up two people who'd never flown anything beyond an MCPX or maybe mCX and I think it made their day, so feel free to ask. I'm probably one of the most distinctive people out there and stick out like a sore thumb , so you can't miss me (just look for the big, tall guy made out of helicopter parts! ).
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #313 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone driving from LA or past LAX on the way to the event? Possibly interested in giving a crazy rednuck (aka hoser from Canada) a ride to and from the event? (arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday).

It appears, my best choice for flights would be into LAX ...
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #314 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
Anyone driving from LA or past LAX on the way to the event? Possibly interested in giving a crazy rednuck (aka hoser from Canada) a ride to and from the event? (arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday).

It appears, my best choice for flights would be into LAX ...
PM'd
Old 09-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #315 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ok people, post 2 has been updated with some important info but for those of you too lazy to go back a read it, here's the deal:

John Shipley has graciously offered up CASH prizes for the winners of the auto and drag contests. He's also providing the PA system we'll be using throughout the event. You rock John!!

The raffle prizes are starting to trickle in and a partial list of what's already arrived or is on the way is in the post. You'll definitely want to take a look at the list because there are some very cool items up for grabs! I will update the list as I receive the goodies.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #316 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just did the pre-register thing.

Do I need to bring my receipt with me?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #317 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Wow Skiddz!
Awesome list of prizes!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #318 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfrog View Post
Wow Skiddz!
Awesome list of prizes!!!
That's what I thought! Hope to win something!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #319 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will be there as I will be in Las Vegas for job related school from the 1st - early part of the 5th, I will drive over by early afternoon and fly out LAX on Sunday looking forward to the event... Woo Hoo my first west coast event!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #320 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Very Cool Charley! looking forward to meeting you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in