Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters > E7SE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ESC Hobbywing - headspeed with E7 ??

hello volks, just came from "running" in my brand new E7 - nice heli ...
just wondering, due to the fact, that I opened my installed HObbywing 130 Platinum ESC, with about 85% at my Transmitter, but the headspeed of the helicopter seems to be quite low .... The throttle curve is correctly learned.
About 1700 rpm.
I'm using a brand new lipo 12 - 5000mAH from gensace , the cells have enough power.
Could it be, that with the standard 12t pinion, the gear ratio is to high (about 10) - so it would be really necessary to go up to 13t pinion to even reach about 1900 headspeed ?
Hobbywing explicit suggests not to increas the esc throttle gain over 85% - to heave some air for control the headspeed.
How much headspeed do you get out of your E7 - with the 12t pinion and how wide open do you have your esc ?
Stefan22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Need more info to answer, what kv motor?
Old 02-27-2017, 02:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

...it's a HK4525 - 520kv motor.
Stefan22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

520kv and 12 pinion is a good match for 1850-2150 headspeed. Try redoing your gov settings. I'm running Xnova 4525 530 and 12t pinion using Ikon gov. My headspeeds are 1950 to 2150. Also have another E7 with Xnova 4530 480 with 13th pinon on hobbywing gov. Do believe throttle is at 78% for a 2100 headspeed.
Sounds like you need to double check your gov setting.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe redo endpoints between tx and esc then redo them between fbl, tx and esc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in