Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 04:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default today i tested the limits of the SR for hard 3D, crashed 4 times here is the video

she was shaking all over, this video was my last pack of the day and she had already been crashed 4 time and she was still flying, poorly but flying, but i found out how far i can take my SR

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoIk_-ApAV4[/ame]

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I like the new sound your SR makes after it's been crashed a couple times. lol And your green canopy looks alote easyer to see in the air.

Are you gonna fix it up, Or just fly it as is? I know you mention you did not want to throw any money into it. lol...jk
Old 09-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default bravo

Dude... I've flipped mine several times.. but somehow mine takes much more "air" to flip. How in the hell do you get it to roll so fast? I've got my weights outside and have no expo. U and me are the reason's why people shouldn't ever talk ship about an SR!
Thanks
John
Old 09-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL that's awsome! She took some beatings and still kept flying!
CarCrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDawg View Post
Dude... I've flipped mine several times.. but somehow mine takes much more "air" to flip. How in the hell do you get it to roll so fast? I've got my weights outside and have no expo. U and me are the reason's why people shouldn't ever talk ship about an SR!
Thanks
John
You want the weights towards the hub or off. Pushing them out will slow down cyclic.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHx1xHuey View Post
I like the new sound your SR makes after it's been crashed a couple times. lol And your green canopy looks alote easyer to see in the air.

Are you gonna fix it up, Or just fly it as is? I know you mention you did not want to throw any money into it. lol...jk
sounds like a real helicopter, fixed her up and crashed her again today, i have learned this things limits and i keep trying to push it past even tho i knows its probably going to crash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDawg View Post
Thanks
John
i am doing a sort of piro flip thing with out fully siring the stick if you notice the tail is spinning when i roll, for some reason that makes the cyclic lightning fast on something that has slow cyclic if you do it just right. but she still does normal rolls and what not kind of slow. you pretty much need to learn how to piro flip to be able to do that or get on the sim and work on rolling and swinging the tail,

that is what i think i am doing when i get it to roll like that, my thumbs just kind of do their own thing most of the time. i dont think about what i am going to do i just do it on random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
LOL that's awsome! She took some beatings and still kept flying!
im telling you get FC blades do the feathering shaft mod and hit TH in time and crash in grass and the SR really can take a beating. that is the trick. not much will break on most of your crashes. but that may not be the case every single time you crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
You want the weights towards the hub or off. Pushing them out will slow down cyclic.
yes but on a windy day the weight being out maker her more flyable in those conditions, and when i took them off of my old one i could not tell a difference, i ran weights on my 450 too when i had it... for the same reason.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow its loud but at least you don't hear that annoying tail motor whining lol
nice flying

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 01:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome flying Danny You're fearless flying that thing, im too scared to bring her inverted that low not to mention quite a few other oves you where doing there. I have to be pretty high up.
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Danny what is the feathering shaft mod everyone keeps talking about? Does it make the sr much more responsive over the stock feathering shaft setup?
lenix38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have the stock radio, you won't be able to do this.. but if you're using something like a DX6i, increasing the swash mix (Ail/Elev) should give you increased cyclic roll rate. Then again, I haven't flown an SR in a few months....
Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenix38 View Post
Danny what is the feathering shaft mod everyone keeps talking about? Does it make the sr much more responsive over the stock feathering shaft setup?
You just put stiffer o-rings in the head and add 2 extra step-washers, With the step part faceing the o-rings. It stiffens the head of alot, Compared to the stock setup. It makes the heli more responsive and it is all aound a great mod to do. And i did it and i am still useing the stock TX, And it works great!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
wow its loud but at least you don't hear that annoying tail motor whining lol
nice flying
it did drown out the tail motor sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade120 View Post
Awesome flying Danny You're fearless flying that thing, im too scared to bring her inverted that low not to mention quite a few other oves you where doing there. I have to be pretty high up.
i keep crashing cus i start trying things low to the grouund, and when i try a hurricane which it does not do well for some stupid reason i am only like 10 or 15 foot of the ground every time i try it and it goes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenix38 View Post
Huey answered that one for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erospawn View Post
If you have the stock radio, you won't be able to do this.. but if you're using something like a DX6i, increasing the swash mix (Ail/Elev) should give you increased cyclic roll rate. Then again, I haven't flown an SR in a few months....
yes you can do this with the stock radio. i was flying it like this with the stock radio for the first week or two that i owned this. but it is better with a better radio except that the tail blows out easier if you set it up to be more agressive, i dummbed it down so it feels just a little faster with the stock radio.

here is a flight with the stock radio, i was not flying it quite as hard cus i was still working on testing this thing out to seee what it could do and pushed it a little mroe each flight till i learned its limits. here is a video with the stock radio and the horrible set up that this thing had when it came out of the box.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZc1ni0BhaM[/ame]

Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Huey and Danny. Will have to try that next time
lenix38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHx1xHuey View Post
You just put stiffer o-rings in the head and add 2 extra step-washers, With the step part faceing the o-rings. It stiffens the head of alot, Compared to the stock setup. It makes the heli more responsive and it is all aound a great mod to do. And i did it and i am still useing the stock TX, And it works great!
I put one extra washer/shim, in mine on each side when i put mine back together it seems stiffer then the SR stock that we have at work. i was surprised how much you could move the blade grips stock. its almost scary how much it will move BTW what o rings are you guys using?

Old 09-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
I put one extra washer/shim, in mine on each side when i put mine back together it seems stiffer then the SR stock that we have at work. i was surprised how much you could move the blade grips stock. its almost scary how much it will move BTW what o rings are you guys using?
blade 400 o rings are better but the ones i just got are not as hard as i remember them being the t rex 450 v2 o rings are the ones i think fit that are pretty hard, look in the SR bible there is a sticky at the top, i think that tells you whcih version t rex 450 o rings fit.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

If im not mistaken i think theyre the red Trex 450 V1 orings by trueblood,gotta trim them slightly though,theyre found here:

http://www.readyheli.com/DAMPENERS-T...d_p_32411.html
Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoObYdOo View Post
If im not mistaken i think theyre the red Trex 450 V1 orings by trueblood,gotta trim them slightly though,theyre found here:

http://www.readyheli.com/DAMPENERS-T...d_p_32411.html
you do not need the true blood ones, you can just get regular align ones. the true blood are a pain. it might be the V1 or rings or it might be the V2 or rings. i cant remember and i am too lazy to look lol..

Old 09-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool thanks

Old 09-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align part # HS1186 are the ready to install/no trimming to fit dampeners.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-3x65x2mm-4
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
blade 400 o rings are better but the ones i just got are not as hard as i remember them being the t rex 450 v2 o rings are the ones i think fit that are pretty hard, look in the SR bible there is a sticky at the top, i think that tells you whcih version t rex 450 o rings fit.

I am useing BLADE CP o-rings, And they are pretty stiff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in