Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 pro battery ?

I just ordered my 450 pro and starting looking at batteries the site says...3s 2000-2300mah. What have you all found to work. Its going to be stock for a while so im not looking at the 6s stuff. If you can share a link to the battery it would be awesome.
jbrown287 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there. I have used the 2250 40c align battery with was not cheap and then after much researching online took the plunge on a much cheaper battery- the turnigy 2200 25-35c bought 2 on ebay and they have been excellent! I would honestly say they are superb. If you're a real stick banger you might need something more but for basic 3d and circuits go no further.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-22...item4cfdb8fd82
espressonik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

best bang for the buck, gens ace packs 3 cell 2200mah not only good for the money but veery good packs unless you want to spend like 80 bucks each the gens ace are the way to go IMO

just about any 3 cell 2200 pack will work and fit... that is usually what people use..

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ended up going Thunder Power's Pro power 65C 2250mAh.

If you look online you can find them for $52-56 a pack (yea higher prices than gens & Sky, crash warranty is pretty nice if needed and they are nice packs)
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had good luck with the Hyperion G3 VX (35C) batteries running around $48 on readyheli, $43 on amazon.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I was looking on HK and found a bunch of 2200- 2250 batteries. Probably try 2 or 3 different ones and then order more.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
I ended up going Thunder Power's Pro power 65C 2250mAh.

If you look online you can find them for $52-56 a pack (yea higher prices than gens & Sky, crash warranty is pretty nice if needed and they are nice packs)
I run TP's as well and really like the new two year warranty. No fussing with worrying about packs.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown287 View Post
Thanks for the replies, I was looking on HK and found a bunch of 2200- 2250 batteries. Probably try 2 or 3 different ones and then order more.
Don't mess with too many different packs as you'll have to remember cog with all the differences. Once I used TP's I haven't looked back and all packs balance being the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd27858 View Post
I run TP's as well and really like the new two year warranty. No fussing with worrying about packs.
Oh yea that is nice it's 2 years now!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
best bang for the buck, gens ace packs 3 cell 2200mah not only good for the money but veery good packs unless you want to spend like 80 bucks each the gens ace are the way to go IMO

just about any 3 cell 2200 pack will work and fit... that is usually what people use..
Uh-oh.....I just ordered and received 2 of the gens ace 2600mah 3s packs. I was given the impression they would be fine. They are ever so slightly larger than my TP 2250 45c and I think about 1.2 oz's heavier. Won't be able to test them anytime soon I suspect.
Spoto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 2600's fit a bit tight in my 450 pro 3gx, they will fit easy in a 450 Pro, the canopy is slightly larger I believe.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i bought 3 gens ace 2200 55c packs

i also have 3 Levego 2200 35c packs
Old 02-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Where do you all buy the tp packs? I will check them out.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown287 View Post
Where do you all buy the tp packs? I will check them out.
Ampdraw in CA, they sell under MAP pricing at like $52 bucks I believe
Old 02-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thunder power packs are awesome but I can get more Gens ace packs since they cost less. If I had more money to throw around I would get the thunder powers, I had some a while ago and they are top notch, these days I choose the less expensive rout on packs. Some of these value packs are pretty darn good. I hate getting the value items for my helicopters but some inexpensive packs really do well

Sent from Samsung galaxy player, spelling and grammar might be worse than usual.....

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take a look at RC Lipos. Their pricing is with shipping. Call Pat and tell him Tom Daniel sent you.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about Genesis Power? 2200mah 65C

http://www.bananahobby.com/gp6522003s.html
DX8
rbader1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're a newbie, try Sky Lipos from Hobbypartz. They're only about $17 each and if you treat them properly, they'll last. I have four of them and one Thunder Power. Two of the Sky Lipos have 65 flights on them each. The other two and the Thunder Power have about 85 flights on them each. All have crashed and all are still working fine. For my flying, (circles, figure 8's, FFF, just started inverted), I can't justify paying more when these work fine. I have the 2200 40C. The TP is a 2250 45C.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will personally stick with the TP's as it's your main power plant and some locals indeed have seen the inflight reset, after they stopped using their cheaper packs no resets from a power hungry FBL system and electronics.

Of course I personally don't know of it's from a power dumb on a cheaper pack or not but for the $25 dollar difference I went TP's. I only have 4 packs so it wasn't too bad on the wallet and I'm on a budget
Old 02-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
I will personally stick with the TP's as it's your main power plant and some locals indeed have seen the inflight reset, after they stopped using their cheaper packs no resets from a power hungry FBL system and electronics.
Until we hear from these "locals" as to what makes them sure that the use of packs other than TP was the cause of their resets, it remains hear-say.
Quote:
Of course I personally don't know of it's from a power dumb on a cheaper pack or not but for the $25 dollar difference I went TP's. I only have 4 packs so it wasn't too bad on the wallet and I'm on a budget
I have been using Turnigy's for the past 18 months and they are near end of life, but never a hint of them causing a brown-out, and prior to your post above, I'd never heard of anyone experiencing a brown-out using budget 20C batteries.
You can use such claims to convince yourself and justify your purchase, but like me, I doubt that it's working on others.

For $25 you can get a good Gens Ace, and who needs the crash insurance on battery packs - not me, I'd rather have a few extra battery packs.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Top performance is guaranteed if you buy TP. There are other packs that are on par with performance from the cheers on Gens Ace.

I like the fact that if I have any problems in 2 years they replace them. We put a lot of flights on ours so the piece of mind is worth it.

Some buy extended warranties and some do not. That is what is so cool about the lipo offerings right now. There is a lipo that fits everybody's wants and needs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in