Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default charging my nano's

so first off I will welcome myself. my 120 should be arriving shortly in the mail. not new to to heli's but new to 120. I have done my searching about mods and what not to do on here. I already got some 250 skids and going to make my own boom supports, do the flybar mod. not trying to make a performance machine out of this one, more just somthing fun and worry free to fly around in the back yard.

so my real question, for those that are using the nano tech 600mah (already bought 6 of them), and not using the stock charger, what amp are you charging them. I got a 306b i-charger that I am going to be parallel charging all 6 of them with but can't find any info on what kind of charge rate to throw at these batteries.
JStilt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

1C charge would be 0.6 amps.

There are some really nice charging rate and time calculators at 2BFly.
http://2bfly.com/tools/
jimhead42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhead42 View Post
1C charge would be 0.6 amps.

There are some really nice charging rate and time calculators at 2BFly.
http://2bfly.com/tools/
i know how to calculate the c's into amps, but there is no charge rate listed for these batterys that I could find. I know my 6s 2800 zippys can be charged at 2c, and the hyperion batterys can charge at like 5c or 6c. I talked with epbuddy and they said 2c is a safe rate to charge at with these small 1s batterys. so if i parallel charge all 6 that is 7.2 amps.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStilt View Post
so first off I will welcome myself. my 120 should be arriving shortly in the mail. not new to to heli's but new to 120. I have done my searching about mods and what not to do on here. I already got some 250 skids and going to make my own boom supports, do the flybar mod. not trying to make a performance machine out of this one, more just somthing fun and worry free to fly around in the back yard.

so my real question, for those that are using the nano tech 600mah (already bought 6 of them), and not using the stock charger, what amp are you charging them. I got a 306b i-charger that I am going to be parallel charging all 6 of them with but can't find any info on what kind of charge rate to throw at these batteries.

You should charge them at .3 amp for the first couple of charges then at 1c or .600 amps.
SurferOfTheSkys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Nano-techs can handle up to a 5C charge rate. I'd never go that high myself, I stick to 1C or if I'm in a hurry I'll bump it up to 2C.

*EDIT

Just double checked HK's website. Very weird that the 600mah version doesn't have it's specific charge rate listed but the literature indicates that some batts in their nano line can handle up to 15C charge rates. Doesn't really tell you anything concrete, but you should be able to establish some sort of baseline for whatever you're comfortable with from that...

*EDIT2
Charge rate on their 300mah Nanotech is listed as 10C, probably safe to assume the 600mah is comparable.
Chris.S. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just remember if you are charging 6 of them as a 1s6p battery, 3600mah would be a 1c charge. 7200 would be 2c.
I have no use for that kind of charging setup, make an adapter so you can charge 6 of them as a 6s1p battery, use balance mode. Now you can monitor exactly what each cell is doing as it is charging. I've seen a charger time out when one cell in that kind of parallel setup wouldn't reach 4.2v, it would have kept charging forever and never hit termination voltage. You'd have no idea why or which cell is causing the problem.
Much safer in series as a bad cell will give you a cell count error at startup, won't let you charge a screwed up battery.
Then 600mah would be a 1c charge rate etc.
You charge time will be much shorter also you are only putting 80% of 600mah back in as opposed to 80% of 3600mah.
I charge 4 at a time this way balanced as a 4s pack in about 20 minutes.
Siberianhusky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in