Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2015, 05:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up New & improved Blade Nano coming

See more info here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=710422
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2015, 05:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brushed motor still?!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGRAY View Post
Brushed motor still?!
Yes but a new one, and a new frame to accomodate it. I think this will be great!

TBH there's much less hassle with brushed for this size as long as it works well. We've been testing these new Micro Motor Warehouse brushed motors for a while now - and when they work the power is more than enough.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yay, shiny new
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 06:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So many people have made it clear that they want a factory brushless nano, and this is what they bring out? Do they listen to their customer base?
Old 08-27-2015, 06:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77611 View Post
So many people have made it clear that they want a factory brushless nano, and this is what they bring out? Do they listen to their customer base?
It's certain to come at some point. But obviously not yet.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Instead of adding a decent BL motor or improving the FBL they just slapped a larger brushed motor in and added babymode?

Blade just lost me as their customer.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 06:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77611 View Post
So many people have made it clear that they want a factory brushless nano, and this is what they bring out?
I'd be happiest with a brushless setup that didn't basically make a whole new machine out of it like the mCPX BL. The BL isn't necessarily a bad machine, but I was never crazy about the fact that it needs double the battery size and gets less flight time than the original. The performance didn't seem all that great for what it cost to add it to the model.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 06:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworx View Post
Yay, shiny new
I just spit my coffee.
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Instead of adding a decent BL motor or improving the FBL they just slapped a larger brushed motor in and added babymode?

Blade just lost me as their customer.
While I understand that not everyone will be smitten with the nano CPS, you have to understand that we make products that the majority of consumers want. Helifreak users are only a portion of actual Blade customers, and we have the data to support this model. "Babymode" as you refer to it, or SAFE as we call it will be a huge benefit to a lot of people wanting to learn 3d flying.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well said Brian!

When is the new nano due?

For those of us with cpx (I have 3 and a huge parts bin) will much of these be compatible?
Old 08-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Safe is a good addition for sure...but beyond that it seems just like a re release. When I look at my brushless that's been shelved for quite some time, I realize that i dont see anything that excites me enough to buy another.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero_nz View Post
Well said Brian!

For those of us with cpx (I have 3 and a huge parts bin) will much of these be compatible?
For me the biggest improvement will be a (hopefully) reliable main motor. I think the "old" Nano is pretty much a perfect micro except for the short lived main motor.

I'm sure in time HH will also make a B/L Nano with piro comp. Price will be significantly higher though. I'd like to point out also (owning two brushless outrunner Nanos) that brushless indoors is a bit scary, the brushed std Nano is quiet and smooth = perfect for living room 3D.

See a list of the new parts here:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=710422
Old 08-27-2015, 07:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
While I understand that not everyone will be smitten with the nano CPS, you have to understand that we make products that the majority of consumers want. Helifreak users are only a portion of actual Blade customers, and we have the data to support this model. "Babymode" as you refer to it, or SAFE as we call it will be a huge benefit to a lot of people wanting to learn 3d flying.
I have to agree with Brian on this one. I have a nCPX and brushless is not needed in my situation, ie: I only fly it inside and normally in my bed with a drink sitting next to me. I can see how many on HF would want BL as they probably want to fly 3-D with it, I have a 130, mCPX and a 180 on the way, these are or will be my choice for practice in the back yard.

So even for a long term flyer like me 25+ years, this bird has it's place.

Keep up the good work guys, and thank God the nano is not dead like a lot of us guys thought.

Craig

T-Rex 600N | T-Rex 500 ESP | T-Rex 500 GF | T-Rex 250 (Love this little bird) | 22 year old Shuttle ZXX
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sure, sure.. Does it have pirocomp? I only had two questions, one has been answered already.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero_nz View Post
Well said Brian!

It looks like many parts will swap...similar to the mCPX to mCPX BL...

Main shaft, servo links, landing gear, main gear etc...head parts and blades are the same too
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting in the forum. It is always great to get direct feedback.

What I would like to know, and I am sure many others would too, is did they fix the main board issue? The binding issue. I have had 2 nanos and they both had the binding issue, red blinking light ugh!! The boards had to be replaced.

The first one died after about a month of use HH gave me 20% off a new board. I bought it and not 3 weeks later same issue. I sold that thing vowing to never own one again, even though it was one of my favorite Helis including my big birds etc. I loved that thing!

A year later I got another one just so I could soup it up with cool parts and upgrades just for the heck of it. I updated to BL as well (I don't think it was really needed though after flying it). Sure enough about a month the red blinking light returned. It wont bind. It has sat on top of my piano as a little hangar queen for months now. I suspected it would happen and I was disappointed when it did...

The issue is known and there are countless posts and threads about it. MegaMicros has made an entire business out of repairing NOT DAMAGED but faulty boards, that says a lot right there.

Was there research and work done to completely cure this issue?

Thanks
Blade 70 S!!
Furias15x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
We get that.

Blade nano CP X v2
* Brushless upgrade kit as standard (ESC on 3-.1 board)

* 3-1 board with better FBL. (SAFE and piro comp)

This way you would have a heli that would fit "majority of consumers" and the more serious/experienced/helifreak consumer. (Which is probably the reason for the majority of consumer because they recommend friend that are new to the hobby a brand.)

Even better, with only changing this you wouldnt need new parts, as everything would be direct fit to the Nano cp X v1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
I'd like to point out also (owning two brushless outrunner Nanos) that brushless indoors is a bit scary, the brushed std Nano is quiet and smooth = perfect for living room 3D.
It is possible to go brushless without massively increase power, just look at stock brushless upgrade kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Sure, sure.. Does it have pirocomp? I only had two questions, one has been answered already.
Exactly in same boat.
oleost is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 11:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pirocomp would have made this version a buy for me. Is it hard to do on a model this size?

"Price will be significantly higher though."
Why would it be more expensive?
eagle777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Piro comp on a small heli would seem to be difficult to near impossible...the CoG will affect it to a great degree, and adjusting the battery to an exact position each and every time might make your actual flights a minute or less

I reference the HiSky HCP100S which has piro comp and is a bit bigger...sadly, it takes several tries just to get it close

Might be a lot better to try the old MM mod like we did with the mSRX
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in